VSG Maintenance Group

Groups » VSG Maintenance Grou... » Discussion » Sunday, February 25...

Sunday, February 25, 2024

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 2/25/24 4:49 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

We are out for Sunday breakfast - a tradition for DH. We were just laughing about how we go to the same place at the same time and order the same thing.

The sun is out and we are looking forward to seeing DD and her DH later this morning. This is going to be the third time we have gotten together (twice in Massachusetts and now in Florida). Maybe it should be in Minnesota next time!

We had great intentions of going home after sitting at the beach club pool for the afternoon yesterday and eating healthy. But then our friends texted that they were coming for happy hour so we stayed of course. The place was hopping! I didn't eat too badly: I had 5 pieces of sushi.

Time to eat! Have a sunny Sunday!

CC C.
on 2/25/24 10:34 am

Another TT meetup! Enjoy!

Nothing on the schedule for today. Just a dog walk. I also need to read the book for book club. It's The Book Woman of Troublesome Creek.

The scale was down another 0.4 today.

Hope everyone is having a great day!

Peps
on 2/25/24 11:10 am

Hola! I have friends vacationing in Hawaii and Florida. Makes me long for a little tropical weather, too. However, we have another spring like day here in CoCo County, CA.... The creek willow trees are even starting to bud out. The black walnuts will start in a few weeks and finally the oaks will start near the end of March.... I really do love this time of year... There is nothing like the soft green of new leaves and new grass against a blue spring sky.

Day 2 of semaglutide was fine, but side effects were more severe. I did have nausea after my first meal of the day, which resulted in a dash to the sink. After a few seconds of major, uncontrolled salivation my meal came up. I don't think it was the entire meal, but enough.... I also had what felt like gastric bloating and a grumbly stomach for most of the day. Another day of no food noise. I really am fascinated by this major effect of the drug. It is really like a switch was flipped. Last night NOTHING spoke to my appetite. I made pan fried skinless chicken breasts, some chicken rice a roni and a small salad. I did not finish my chicken - giving the last 1/2 oz or so to the Frenchie. I only plopped about a 1/4 cup (if that) of rice and salad on my plate and managed those. After the vomit incident earlier in the day, I ate very slowly and intentionally. Took me about 30 minutes to eat my dinner. Happily, no problem keeping dinner down.

Today, I decided breakfast could be liquid and am sipping a Fairlife 30g protein drink. I like the Fairlife drinks a lot! I hope I am able to get more of them today at Costco.

I'm enjoying a relaxing weekend with very little obligation! I was a bit of a slug yesterday, but still got a few things done. I got Blitz's first stage of grooming done for the Westminster show in May.....

CC C.
on 2/25/24 4:25 pm

If you can't find them in the store, they often have them on Costco.com for shipping...

DiamondD
on 2/25/24 5:11 pm
VSG on 06/13/12

Some days it's like having a baby sleeve!

DiamondD
on 2/25/24 5:27 pm
VSG on 06/13/12

Back to home base after a busy and fun day. We got to Liz and DHs house a few minutes later than intended, because we went to the wrong building and met some of their neighbors by mistake. We sorted ourselves out and found Liz and Mike. Their condo is truly lovely, but their lanai is to die for. Easy to see why you like this new home so much Liz! We met Justice, and he is a very handsome little guy. After we'd been there for a bit he gently sniffed my foot, so I felt happy that he had perhaps rated us as okay folks.

We had lunch at the their beach club, oceanside, and Liz and DH are living in paradise. Just perfect. Time flew by, and it came time for us to get on our way, and for Liz and DH to get Bocce Ball practice. We drove along the coast, and stopped at a restaurant Liz recommended, and got a beachside table. While we had a drink and a snack, there was a commotion. We got to see a Space X rocket launch from Kennedy Space Center. My DH, aviation enthusiast and former air force brat was pretty pleased!

On the way back to the hotel, we drove west into a brilliant Orange and pink sky. There's something to be said for a sunset in a flat terrain. When we got back, there was a musician playing an electric violin in the outdoor bar, so we sat on our balcony and enjoyed the music and a bit of Key Lime Pie. A very good day indeed. :)

CC C.
on 2/25/24 6:32 pm

Sounds idyllic!

Peps
on 2/25/24 7:42 pm

Wow! It sounds like a perfect day!!!!! I loved the pics you posted on TT.

diane S.
on 2/25/24 10:19 pm

Greetings

late check in on iPad. Shrimp and veggie stir fry tomorrow.

fabulous day DD. Love hearing about it.

more tomorrow. Today was a good day

diane s

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/