VSG Maintenance Group

Groups » VSG Maintenance Grou... » Discussion » Wednesday, March 20...

Wednesday, March 20, 2024

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 3/20/24 2:26 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

0 days to surgery. Don't count on me starting this tomorrow LOL. Right now we are waiting to go into the hospital which doesn't open the doors until 5:30 (it is 5:25).

Not much else to report except that I will see you on the other side!

Have a winning Wednesday!

CC C.
on 3/20/24 7:26 am

Thinking of you, Liz!!

Today I am 19 pounds down in 6 weeks. Basically 1/3 of what I need to lose. Astonishing to me. I have to do my 7th shot this morning and I am going to try the compound version. Eek. An actual needle I have to fill and maneuver and stick myself with. I hope it works as well as the name brand. Still not sure I want to keep with the compounding. I have to decide this week as my next monthly charge and appointment is coming up.

Today is Kirby's 6 month birthday. The stinker. His poop situation is back to normal after Monday night. I'm thinking maybe a treat doesn't agree with him?

Today is definitely a vacuum day. The couch next to me is coated in dog hair.

Remember the other day I was complaining about Claudia's pasta portioning and saying who only eats 1 serving of pasta? Apparently I do now! I made angel hair with shrimp and sun dried tomatoes and had more than enough with one portion. I saved the rest for today. I guess even on day 7, it's working.

Balloons are up, the sun is shining. Kirby is draped over my lap chewing on my sweats strings, putting more dog hair on the couch.

I think that's it from this corner of the world. Off to psych myself up for my shot and have some eggs!

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 3/20/24 9:57 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Home alread (1 pm). Very efficient at Mass General and well done. Already ensconced in the recliner.

Will write more tomorrow- my pain block pump is just giving me stuff - very cool!

CC C.
on 3/20/24 10:07 am

Wow!! Congratulations on being done and hope you are feeling great as soon as possible!

diane S.
on 3/20/24 12:02 pm

Greetings all

Today started early as DH had to go to cardiologist. Then he is headed to Costco. Who knows what he will come home with. But the house is being cleaned and it's a sunny nice day. Operation Jordan is going well. Most of the stuff is out of the guest room though some of it has just migrated to the living room. DH appointment to get tooth extracted has moved up to Friday and he is glad. Me too though I am preparing for major whining. Back to soup contemplation.

Liz yay congrats on being done! Hope you don't have pain and that it gets better day to day. That was fast!!! 21st century medicine is so amazing. Wishing you a restful day with Justice and your DH. Demand pampering. You deserve it.

Happy 6 months Kirby! A true teen age dog now. And congrats CC on your weight loss. Can you PM me on what exactly your drug is? I am seriously thinking of pursuing this. My legs hurt a great deal this morning and they hurt all the time. I have finally concluded that it is due to excess weight and that nothing but weight loss is going to help me feel better. I am pretty gimpy. Last night at the gallery meeting people kept offering to get me a chair and put it away for me and get me ballots etc. I must appear to be extremely decrepit. None of these people are spring chickens.

Anyway CC enjoy your garden planning. Eager to hear what you select for the planters. Bedding plants are appearing at stores around here. Time to get busy.

We have a deli roast chicken which we had last night. More tonight. Cold roast chicken really hits the spot. DH is not that crazy about it. Whats not to like?

More later if anything interesting happens. Time to check the Bluff City eagle camera.

Diane S

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

CC C.
on 3/20/24 1:32 pm

Another roof leak!! I cannot get out from under issues with this house! I have noticed my room smelled on and off like mildew and could not tell where it was coming from. I have washed everything multiple times and was just throwing all the dog bedding into the wash when I noticed cracks above my bedroom door. That explains the smell. BOOOOOO!!! And of course thunderstorms today.

I called the roofers. They will call me when they can send someone.

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 3/21/24 4:56 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Water, the bane of every homeowner's existence!

DiamondD
on 3/20/24 3:39 pm
VSG on 06/13/12

Great news that Liz is on the other side of surgery and comfortable at home!! Let the healing commence.

CC your weight loss journey is going so well! I hope if my daughter decides to use these drugs it will work as well for her. And for Liz's DD too.

CC C.
on 3/20/24 6:42 pm

I hope so too! I do wonder if my experience is enhanced by having a surgically reduced stomach. It would make for a good study!

DiamondD
on 3/20/24 4:28 pm
VSG on 06/13/12

A few more thoughts. :) (I was writing when DH announced dinner was ready so I thought I'd better post it before it went away).

Diane, I wonder if this medication might help with your pain, since it appears to reduce inflammation. How wonderful would that be? Weight loss and pain management.

Today was the day when I started a meeting at 7:15 with our team, including our lawyer. At 8am the family, their lawyer and 2 outside experts arrived, and we met until 10am. I felt my mind let go afterwards, move onto what's next, but my body just couldn't. I was reved up, restless and kept sighing a lot. I thought if there is ever a time to work out, today is the day. So I'm using the resistance machine, and this jughead next to me starts swearing at the woman who's with him, and carrying on, while shoving the weights around. What the heck, why am I always dealing with disregulated people? DH says I'm a magnet. So I got off my machine to go get a staff person, and the woman says, I'm telling him people can hear him, can you hear him? I said yes, and I don't feel safe. He said you're not, and he got up and they left. And then I worried if I should have asked the woman if she was okay. Sigh. It makes me so sad how awful some people's lives can be. And I am so fortunate, because I'm feeling shaky, so I go and find DH and ask him to workout on the machines by me, and of course he does. I finished, and was finally able to burn up all the cortisol.

We're all getting a little wound up here in Minnesota, because it might snow! Some on Thursday, but they keep talking about a BIG snowstorm Sunday evening. We have theater tickets, and just got a text from the theater that we can exchange them for a different show if we wish. Apparently they think it's going to snow big. :) We are all dreaming of a snowday Monday morning.