VSG Maintenance Group

Groups » VSG Maintenance Grou... » Discussion » Monday, April 1, 20...

Monday, April 1, 2024 (April Fools Day)

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 4/1/24 4:07 am, edited 4/2/24 5:08 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

2 days until warmth. I am getting nervous about travel though as there are thunderstorms and windy rain predicted on both ends on Wednesday. Since we are flying a smaller carrier they seem to be more affected by delays than other airlines.

In the meantime, I hope the day is positive for all of you, whether traveling or at home.

We are driving to Boston for my postop appointment today. The dressing should be removed. I think all is going well except for nighttime. My neck and shoulder are terribly painful at night keeping me awake a lot so I am only getting a few hours of sleep. I don't need pain medication during the day but do take the over the counter stuff at night. It helps but only a little bit.

After the appointment we will go to the Boston Sail Loft for chowder. That's where we met with DD and her DH last year.

I hope you all have a magical Monday!

CC C.
on 4/1/24 7:59 am

A cool, gray April Fools in AZ. Clouds are clinging to the rocks. Pretty and atmospheric.

Monday is trash day. Aside from Michigan, every house I've ever lived in for 52 years back to my childhood had a Monday trash day. My last months in CA, they switched us to Tuesday. I forgot nearly every week. I'm trained! I caught a second mole in a trap in the garage. They are there to catch scorpions, but I suppose I don't want moles in there either.

I was hungrier yesterday and ate more than usual. Day 5 of my shot it starts to wear off. Scale was down from yesterday, still up from Thursday.

Not much going on today. I have some ideas to try to move the new pots off the stack of two pallets, so I might mess around with that. I also have some cleaning to do as usual. I do really like the new vacuum. I also used some Pink Stuff and a Scrub Daddy and got all the little splatters off the inside oven glass that never seem to come off, looks brand new. Somehow that kind of cleaning is more satisfying than the regular kind...

Take care all!

DiamondD
on 4/1/24 8:15 am
VSG on 06/13/12

Liz, do you think your prescription pain killers could help you at night? Are your pills scored so you could take a half dose? You're doing great, but your surgery is still new, and sometimes you need the big guns.

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 4/1/24 8:44 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

I had built a tolerance for them so I don't know if a small amount would work. And I hate the constipation. I will be asking about this at my appointment.

DiamondD
on 4/1/24 8:24 am
VSG on 06/13/12

Good morning! Overcast here in Nashville, but should be warm. Tomorrow sounds like big storms. Hopefully no tornados!

We are going to ride the Old Town Trolley today. In a new city, we always take a hop on hop off tour to get orientated. We have tickets for the Grand Ole Opray Thursday evening. Also planning on going to the Country Music Hall of Fame, and maybe Johnny Cash museum. We figure we are good for 2 bars an evening. Last night we shared an appetizer and had drinks on a rooftop bar at the end of Broadway. Very Nice View. Listened to music at another after that, with diet cokes. Fantastic music. Really enjoyed it.

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 4/1/24 8:48 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Ryman Auditorium is pretty interesting too if you run out of things to do ;)

diane S.
on 4/1/24 11:01 am

Greetings all

Sunny April fools day here. My friend is in surgery as I write this and DH is getting his heart test. I need to do payroll but have no car. It can wait.

Liz hope your post op check goes well. There has got to be an in-between on the pain meds. Years ago my brother had a major surgery and was given the oxycodone. It caused issues so the other option was advil. Nothing in between. I had some vicodin from my VSG so with his surgeon's permission he used that. Seems like there should be options. Hope you get relief. I have heard tylenol with codeine works well.

We had a nice Easter lunch at a restaurant with a fabulous ocean view. Food was pretty good. I had chowder. Came home and had a gut ache and some bathroom issues. Don't think it was the chowder - something eaten earlier. Anyway I am fine today.

DD trolley around Nashville! How fun. Enjoy the world's best music!. What an adventure.

No clue whats for dinner tonight. DH has to go at 5 to get a tooth crown looked at which came off when he had the other tooth pulled. So likely something soft which means pasta or something. I do have lentil soup but I doubt he would eat it. And then there is the ubiquitous ham....

CC sounds like a "far out" day there. Interesting changes in weather there. Yep visible cleaning efforts are more satisfying than non visible ones. We have a load of dog footprints here right now due to recent rainy days. Our trash day is thursday. I never remember it but DG never forgets. My part is to take old crap out of the fridge and toss it. I seem to be the only one who can determine if food is too old to eat. I accept this responsibility...

Have a great day all. Diane S

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

DiamondD
on 4/1/24 3:52 pm
VSG on 06/13/12

It is my job to clear the fridge of food gone south also. DH mostly does not like leftovers ( he will eat the following day, but not much past it), but seems to think I will eat anything, no matter how old. So the decision becomes mine.

diane S.
on 4/1/24 11:03 am

view from where we had lunch yesterday..ds

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 4/1/24 1:52 pm - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Gorgeous view (and Peps too of course)!