VSG Maintenance Group

Groups » VSG Maintenance Grou... » Discussion » Thursday, April 4, ...

Thursday, April 4, 2024

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 4/4/24 7:49 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Short post as we have friends stopping by in 15 minutes.

LONG day yesterday. Our 3:30 flight didn't leave until 6:45 and the flight was 4 hours vs the usual 3 because they had to fly outside of the weather. So not in bed until midnight. My shoulder was exhausted and Justice was about ready to burst but both he and I managed.

But the sun is out, we already took a short walk, and I mostly managed my shower by myself. I am building a lot of skills with my left hand. But I am so tired after a long event like showering and dressing because everything takes so much longer and takes so much concentration. Too bad it doesn't burn fat!

Have a tippy Thursday!

DiamondD
on 4/4/24 8:23 am
VSG on 06/13/12

Take care of yourself! That's quite a travel ordeal, even without the shoulder. Glad to hear you are back in Florida, and can continue recovering in the warm weather.

It was so cold at the baseball game. I spent it huddling under my trusty travel blanket. (Always in my under seat bag, I won't get on a plane without it). It was modestly fun, but could have been even more fun if the temps were in the normal range. During the 7th inning I told DH I didn't think I could do it anymore, and he asked if I wanted to leave. Yes! I tried to stick it out, because I know he doesn't like to leave anything until it's done, games, concerts, plays. And he was willing to leave because he knows how much I despise being cold. Much better than another couple, who as they were leaving, I could hear her husband berating her for being a killjoy and needing to work on her "cold weather skills".

Tonight will be equally cold, but we are going to the Grand Old Opry , which is blissfully inside.

Currently overcast. A few peeks of blue sky here and there, so hoping for some sun this afternoon.

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 4/4/24 12:56 pm - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

The cold would have gotten to me too! Your DH is so understanding.

Peps
on 4/4/24 11:18 am

Well, other than a minor cold and allergies, I'm feeling pretty good over on this side of the country. Today marks 6 weeks on the semaglutide. I am down 20 pounds today. I am hoping it holds. But as we know, weight loss is not always perfectly diagonally linear, so fingers are crossed.

I have been wanting to switch to a tirzepatide, but am now thinking I might as well stick with the semaglutide. If needed, I can always go up to the Wegovy dosage for an additional charge per month. Currently, I'm on Ozempic dosages, which are lower than Wegovy dosages.

This is such a different weight loss experience altogether. I feel it's easier in a way than VSG because there is no feeling of emotional loss at not being able to eat very much. But very much like VSG, carbs do still go down more easily than protein and veggies and whole fruit.

Weather here is cold and rainy. It's currently 45 degrees, which for April is really very unusual. I don't like it. Yesterday I was wearing shorts and a hoodie. Today it's back to jeans and a rain coat! Booooooo!

I have decided that I need to start creating lists. I am a horrible list maker. But I can see this is how it's going to have to be. I find myself getting too distracted by daily routine to remember to do things that stray from routine. A good example is my old lap top is in the shop, but has been ready for pick up for almost a wee****ep forgetting to go pick it up. And I keep forgetting to take my suit pants with a ripped seam to the tailor. Those are great things to do on a rainy afternoon!

Thoughtful, thriving, and thrifty Thursday one and all....

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 4/4/24 12:54 pm - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

I used to hate lists, but as I have gotten older I find I need them. I keep running shopping lists, to-do lists, and reminders on the time critical stuff on my phone so I always have them.

DiamondD
on 4/4/24 1:16 pm
VSG on 06/13/12

I set alarms on my phone for some errands. I need to pick up a prescription, so I might set the alarm with a description to go off right as I think I'll be leaving work. If my alarm goes off and I can't get to the task at that moment, I usually reset it. I learned this trick from DS who has ADHD- inattentive type. It's how he remembered to start assignments when he was in college.

CC C.
on 4/4/24 6:11 pm

Apparently there was a popular child development book that came out around the time I was born (1971) that described different child types and their traits. My mom said she and my dad would sit around reading this book and cracking up because it described me to a T. One of the child types included list makers. Even as a little kid I would make lists. I still love a list! I still make lists that include things I've already done so I get the joy of a checkmark.

CC C.
on 4/4/24 11:28 am

Another post shot headache. Really puts a damper on the day. Also a little nauseous after a Fairlife protein shake.

It's supposed to be in the 70s today. I think some time on a lounger would be good! Though my new neighbors are almost finished with the house and they've been grading the yard for days with 3 bulldozers/earth-movers to get ready for landscaping. Noisy and dirty.

Not sure I know much else! I'll report back if I learn anything...

Take care all!

DiamondD
on 4/4/24 1:18 pm
VSG on 06/13/12

Some of the side effects I experienced in the first months have faded. So hopefully the headaches will fade away too.

Peps
on 4/4/24 4:16 pm, edited 4/4/24 9:17 am

Do you still suffer from mild nausea on occasion?