VSG Maintenance Group

04/05/24, TGIF

DiamondD
on 4/5/24 2:53 pm
VSG on 06/13/12

The Grand Old Opry was great fun. The Gaitlin Brothers sang several gospel numbers. This is the kind of music I grew up with, and it filled me with nostalgia. I sang in my church choir and I have such good memories, sitting next to our Pastor's wife, who was such a lovely mentor.

Cold again today, 45 degrees and overcast. We looked up average temps for Nashville. January's average temp is 47!!! What the heck. The only saving grace is that the wind died down. So we listened to quite a few bands, inside, today. It's getting crazier and crazier on Broadway as Friday gets underway. We decided to head back to the safety of the hotel, and made reservations at a restaurant near by for tonight. We enjoyed the honkey tonks, but we're looking forward to a more sedate experience this evening. Then tomorrow morning, back home.

DiamondD
on 4/5/24 3:04 pm
VSG on 06/13/12

I'm sure there is awesome food in Nashville, but we mostly ate in bars. The food on Broadway is good for what it is, bar food. One thing I've appreciated, the meals are easily shareable. Except for one breakfast, DH and I have shared every meal. Every time he looks a little concerned about whether it will be "enough", I remind him we can always order more. So far, we haven't needed to. So I'm hoping DH will be willing to consider this in the future. It relieves my stress about wasting money on a plate full of food I can't eat.

DiamondD
on 4/5/24 3:15 pm
VSG on 06/13/12

Just got done texting with my DD. She said they felt the earthquake in Boston. They also had a noreaster blow in with snow that almost got her trapped in Gloucester, where she was attending a funeral. Next big event, an eclipse! All coincidences, but feels kind of crazy.

Peps
on 4/5/24 4:11 pm

Just got out of my meeting with the Nutritionist. She wants me eating 120 grams of protein per day. Damn, that's going to be hard on the semaglutide! I can do one Fairlife for 30 grams, but another 90 is A LOT of protein!

DiamondD
on 4/5/24 5:06 pm
VSG on 06/13/12

I struggle to get 60! Godspeed!

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 4/6/24 5:16 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Probably because you have so much muscle (to maintain it during weight loss)?

diane S.
on 4/5/24 4:50 pm

Greetings all

It's sunny but chilly here. I like it cool so it's fine with me. Just got home and had a nice talk with neighbor about yard services. I may get the same guy she has.

Took Tesla to the vet since I felt a lump on her a couple of weeks ago. At least I thought I did. Vet could not find anything. Probably a wad of fat. But her health checked out well and she is in good shape for 8 years old. She wanted to make friends with a couple of big creepy dogs. No way.

Ocean Diane good to hear from you. Glad you are addressing the weight gain. Wise to do so before it gets out of hand. Looks like we are about to become the semiglutide tribe. Ok by me. Stamp out food noise!

DH had lunch with his buddies today. Husband of friend who just had the heart bypass said she is doing pretty well. Will be out of ICU soon. I will stop in next Tuesday I think. DH brought home a cheeseburger. Another no-cook day.

DD Nashville sounds like a blast. Love gospel music and bet it was great at the Opry venue. Bar food is always great! My pre VSG self used to worry about getting enough to eat. Now it's about how huge and wasteful portions can be. My younger self never got a go box. Ate it all.

Well CC I would say enjoy the Kirby training session but sounds like you probably won't. At least Kirby can get out and about even if you have to stand there and listen to drivel. Some people just need to shut up.

I managed to piddle away the entire day because DH was away with the car and I can't resis****ching my stupid tv shows when I have the house to myself. Our other car is still in the shop waiting for some part that is hard to find because the car is ancient. Got to get busy on a new car. Since we live in the boonies it may be hard to get what we want, (like we even know what that is).

Cheers all. Diane S

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

DiamondD
on 4/5/24 5:14 pm
VSG on 06/13/12

Yes, the old me in restaurants wouldn't recognize current me. Old me was ordering the most "filling" option, and eating it all. Now I am ordering soup or an appetizer, or evaluating what will work for leftovers. Some things just don't heat up well, and others are perfect for lunch the next day.