VSG Maintenance Group

Groups » VSG Maintenance Grou... » Discussion » Monday, April 8, 20...

Monday, April 8, 2024 - Eclipse Day

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 4/8/24 5:00 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

We are so far off the path of the eclipse they say we won't see anything unless you look directly at the sun with those special glasses. I feel no need to do so.

DH is playing golf today, so I am on my own. But with no driving I can't go far. Maybe just down to the pool?

Looking forward to starting with the Tirzepatide next week. I the meantime I am just trying to eat smart. I haven't weighed since pre-surgery because getting my massive sling and clothes off first thing in the morning then putting them back on is more than I can contemplate. Just hoping I am holding where I was at the last weigh-in at this point.

Speaking of eating, the neighbor party was good, but not much real food there for consumption. So I came home and ate leftover pizza. Not my best choice, but the easiest one. I have some shredded chicken in salsa in the freezer which I cooked before we went north so I think that will be the meal for tonight. Maybe I will add some black beans to up the protein?

Have a marvelous Monday!

CC C.
on 4/8/24 8:50 am

It's cloudy today for eclipse viewing. We're also pretty far off the path at 68%.

The guys got my pots off the pallets! I got them unnested. But I can't get the heaviest ones up the small step from the driveway on the dolly. Too heavy. I'll have to get creative. I know the company is sending me a new pot, but I'm wondering now that I see it if this one can be repaired? The piece that broke off is along the bottom edge and is about 8" by 4". But it all came off in one piece. I think maybe with epoxy, I could get it back to useable? So I kind of feel bad for getting a free pot out of it, but maybe it's better than putting a huge pot that might be salvageable in the landfill?

The scale was up 0.2 today. This is frustrating, but I am staying the course. The first month quick loss magic has worn off...

No plans today. I might go get dirt for my pots. It might be too early to plant yet. There was ice from the dew on my lounge cushions yesterday morning.

I think that's all. Have a great day all!

diane S.
on 4/8/24 12:38 pm

Greetings all

Watching the eclipse on tv. There is about 25% out here but I am no****ching it outside. I assumed it would be too cloudy so I didn't get the glasses. But today there is not a cloud in the sky and it could be viewed. Oh well. TV is interviewing William Shatner. Seriously? Interesting reports from the Dallas zoo and all the flamingos gathering in the center of the pond.

Hey CC epoxy will glue the ceramics. Some of them have different colors like grey or white.. There is a marine epoxy called EX6000 or something like that. It's kind of gunky to work with but it's probably the strongest stuff. Comes in two little tins. Some sets up in just a few minutes. I have glued a ton of ceramic stuff and the clear epoxy is also quite good. Get the kind that comes in two separate tubes rather than the dual syringe type. That never works evenly. Good luck moving stuff.

Today's agenda is to wash and dry my hair and then get some potting soil. Maybe a trip to the studio and store stop. Now my facebook feed is getting a zillion items about semiglutide and stomach paralysis and lawsuits. Not what I want to read.

I continue my daily walks. Though they are brief they do work. DH was at the doctor as a follow up to his heart tests. Nothing terrible found but he got the lecture about exercise and why regularity is more important than duration. Hope he does it.

Chicken in salsa sounds good Liz. Chicken does get tiresome. (unless it's fried). Since VSG my craving for fried food has "eclipsed" my craving for sweets. LOL.

Diane S

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

CC C.
on 4/8/24 12:56 pm

Thank you so much, Diane! I didn't even think to ask my ceramics expert friend!

DiamondD
on 4/8/24 7:12 pm
VSG on 06/13/12

The Eclipse was a bust here due to cloud cover. DH was in the dining room and noticed it was brighter outside. An opening in the clouds right over our house and exposed the 75% coverage. So DH got a photo and a little bit of viewing time. I didn't see anything at work.

Ugh, work. So not feeling it. Hopefully I will get some good energy when the students are back in the building.

CC, definitely fix the pot, guilt free. Good to have an expert on repairing ceramics in the tribe.

Tomorrow is DHs birthday. I feel bad I don't have much in mind for a celebration. I have a Union meeting after work, so I will be home a little later than normal.

CC C.
on 4/8/24 7:39 pm

Peps
on 4/8/24 7:49 pm

That's about what it looked like here, too.

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 4/9/24 4:48 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Very cool picture!

Peps
on 4/8/24 7:48 pm

Not much here. We had eclipse glasses at school because two of the teachers ordered them. I got a good look at the eclipse at 10:35 PDT and again around 11:20. Nothing I haven't seen before. I still find it fun to look at an eclipse. I think it's the teacher geek in me.

Weight is stable. I don't think it's going to be a big loss week, but I'm okay with that. I am feeling pretty good about the way my clothes are fitting, and even if no one else can tell yet, I sure am able to see some of the weight loss.

I find April financially stressful. In CA property taxes are due 5 days before the IRS tax deadline. On top of that 2 vehicles have registration due, too. I wish the property taxes and state and federal income taxes were due at different times.

I think it will be sandwiches for us tonight. It's already late and I don't feel like making anything more than that. I could probably just have a protein shake and call it a day, but Ron would starve! LOL

Over and out!

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 4/9/24 4:51 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Yes! April is definitely a financial stress month! We have quarterly HOAs added to quarterly property taxes on top of income taxes. Add early wedding and moving expenses this year...