VSG Maintenance Group

Groups » VSG Maintenance Grou... » Discussion » Wednesday, April 10...

Wednesday, April 10, 2024

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 4/10/24 5:25 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

It does look like the tirzepatide is arriving today. I have to decide whether to start it this afternoon or tomorrow morning. I sure hope it works well without the side effects some people experience. Typically I don't have problems with medications but who knows?

Tonight we have our last musical of the series we subscribed to this year. We will be seeing On Your Feet with Gloria Estaphan music. Should be enjoyable. She owns a hotel here (Coste de Este) so she feels somewhat local. We will go out for an early dinner beforehand so it will be a nice date night.

Time to take Justice for his morning constitution. Have a winning Wednesday!

CC C.
on 4/10/24 9:43 am, edited 4/10/24 8:26 am

Shot day. I am 1.2 pounds down from last week, but last week I was up 1.6 so an expensive wasted 2 weeks. On an up note, I walked with my friend/neighbor yesterday and she said, "you look great, like you've lost weight!" I told her about the Zepbound because she also struggles with her weight. She said it's even changing how I carry myself, less stooped apparently. I think that's a byproduct of how I carry my weight up top. It makes me resemble Quasimodo.

I meet with the landscaper tomorrow to talk plants and I tried to epoxy the broken pot yesterday. It didn't go as well as planned, but hopefully it'll hold.

I submitted my statement of interest to join the HOA board. No doubt I will regret it, but at least I am getting my 3 year term out of the way! I also got to a form I needed to fill out with financial information for the non-profit's insurance forms. Both were tasks I have been procrastinating for weeks and it took 30 minutes total. Why I do that to myself (the worry for weeks about the doing) and it was fine. Argh.

I think that's all I know today! Take care!

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 4/10/24 9:57 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

I procrastinate about making phone calls about anything. Then I gird myself and do them all at once. This has been one of those get things done weeks.

Curious: did you get anti-nausea medication with your Zepbound? They gave me some with the compounded version just in case I need it.

CC C.
on 4/10/24 10:43 am

It was offered, but I didn't take them up on it. Any nausea I've had is really mild and no throwing up.

Peps
on 4/10/24 12:50 pm

Liz, I would take it tonight or tomorrow night. I always feel taking a new med at night is best. I don't know why, but it works for me. I know that by the time lunch came around the day after taking my first shot, the med was already starting to hit.

I'm off for dog shows tonight. Makes for a short week at school. S****** s****** No complaints here.

I started a countdown to retirement app on my phone. I think it's fun. I will probably get weirded out thought when the timer clicks over to 0 years, 11 months, etc.... I am so ready to retire, but at the same time feel a little young to be considering it. I'm sure I will LOVE it 100%. Everyone I know says retirement is UNDERRATED!

I am going to take my shot a day early this week. I don't want to take the meds and the injection stuff with me in the RV. (PRobably silly, but I feel like I'd rather just do it before I go....) Also, I've been feeling the carb call the past couple of days. Hopefully, the shot will help curb the carb call.

I will check in from the dog shows.

DiamondD
on 4/10/24 2:55 pm
VSG on 06/13/12

I already downloaded next year's academic calendar and entered all the days off on my Google calendar. :) My last day is June 13, 2025.

DiamondD
on 4/10/24 3:06 pm
VSG on 06/13/12

Liz, enjoy your show tonight! We saw a touring show of On Your Feet and enjoyed the music. Lots of hits from the 80s. I agree with Peps, take your shot in the evening, or before bed.

CC, don't be discouraged by your 2 weeks of no loss. It's never linear. Congratulations on your friend's observation. That's the best confirmation of progress. And you could never be Quasimodo!!!

I finally saw the scale move .3 pounds, but it put me at a new low. All the vacation weight gone, and a smidge more.

I had a fun moment at work today. We were reading a synopsis of Romeo and Juliet to get a plot overview before we tackle the actual Shakespeare version. When we got to the part where Friar Lawrence offers Juliet a potion that will make her appear dead, I heard a kid click their tongue and mutter, idiot! I love that he was so into the story. :)

CC C.
on 4/10/24 3:29 pm

A new low right after vacation is a feat! Well done!

diane S.
on 4/10/24 3:56 pm

Greetings all

Sunny but windy here. I had a very low agenda today (like zilch) so I made a couple of calls and then went to the studio. Yeah I hate phone calls too. Had to respond to an inquiry for a reference for our pet sitter house cleaner. Happy to do that and hope she gets the work. She survives on these gigs and I am not sure how she does it. I alway pay her extra. Also made a call regarding our old ailing car but no response. I am beginning to think its hopeless.

Studio time was fun. A potters wheel class was going on. Always good energy from that. I did some glazing and finished a few things for bisque firing.

CC sorry the planter was hard to glue. I expect that it was big and heavy enough to make it hard to hold each part with one hand. Hope it holds. Duct tape on the inside is totally ok. And congrats on the complement from neighbor. It really does show!! Kind of you to share your secret.

Liz enjoy the show. I think Peps is right about starting a med in the evening but I also have no idea why. In my case, it's because doing anything new in the morning is not easy. Or anything for that matter.

Win big at the shows Peps. Sending hair growing vibes to Blitz.

So we are all enjoying Palm Royale. What is Carol Burnett going to do with that gun? I think I enjoy seeing what kind of messes people get into by making bad decisions.

DD countdown to retirement! Yay. Being retired is fun. It is not overrated. I love being a full time goof off. Some people say they don't know what they would do with themselves but such people have no imagination.

No clue whats for dinner. Maybe roast beef.

Cheers all. Diane S

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

DiamondD
on 4/10/24 7:38 pm
VSG on 06/13/12

One of my favorite mentors in life had a very full and illustrious career. When it came time to retire, he embraced that full heartedly. He was somewhat disdainful of colleagues who complained they were bored when they retired. His take, you love your family, you love your friends. Never say you love your company, your company can never love you back.