VSG Maintenance Group

Groups » VSG Maintenance Grou... » Discussion » Friday, April 12, 2...

Friday, April 12, 2024

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 4/12/24 5:45 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

One day after my first injection of tirzepatide. I did well with my eating yesterday and wasn't really very hungry. Could have been the drug or it could have been my mind imagining that I was less hungry because of it. We shall see. I did my base weight this morning as I plan to weigh once a week and figured based on your comments that doing so the morning after an injection might be the best time. I still always dread the ups when trying to lose weight so minimize that effect via weekly vs daily weighing.

The furniture items I am moving to Florida from Cape Cod are being picked up as I write this. They arrive early next week. I will swap out some things here with the new furniture. I also have quite a few decorative items and pictures coming.

The next week is supposed to be perfect Florida weather after a day of 90 degree humid weather culminating in rain. A beautiful time to be here.

Time to walk with Justice. Have a fantastic Friday!

CC C.
on 4/12/24 2:20 pm

I felt the same the first week, Liz. Not sure if it was working or if I wanted it to be working so much I was behaving like it was. I still wonder some times whether it's a placebo effect.

I had a nice lunch with my friend today. Fun to get out and socialize with people who are easy to be around. It's a gorgeous breezy 75 here. Doesn't get more perfect weatherwise.

My replacement pot came and was easy to get unpacked and into the backyard. I send a long plant list to the landscaper for the yard. I will do the shopping for the pots.

I also called a fountain guy to talk about fixing and maintenance. Coincidentally one of my pumps died this morning. He's busy for the next week, but asked me to send him info and pictures.

Scale was again lower, but still 0.2 from my low of a few weeks ago. Frustrating!

I think that's it for me. Have a great day!

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 4/12/24 2:26 pm - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Always frustrating trying to lose weight after a while. Do you have a higher dose to move up to soon?

People who are easy to be around are the best friends!

CC C.
on 4/12/24 2:32 pm

I have 4 more dosages. What I've read is to stay on the lowest dose that is helpful for as long as you can because once you max out, that's it. When I ordered my latest 5mg, I was feeling not 100% for the first few days. Now I am not feeling much the last few days, so probably time to move up again.

DiamondD
on 4/12/24 5:12 pm, edited 4/12/24 10:13 am
VSG on 06/13/12

What is the dosage window for your meds? I can dose 2 days earlier, or 2 days later according to the literature that comes with my pens. If you are feeling that the potency is not the same, could you take your dose a few days early? My insurance company required I move up in dosages every 8 weeks.

CC C.
on 4/12/24 5:33 pm

This one is every 7 days. Many people feel the last 2 are hardest. I think you'd run out if you took them any closer? You can only use the savings card every 28 days. Some people are trying to stretch it out longer between shots because there are shortages or because of the cost. Since my insurance doesn't cover it, there is no one to say I have to move up. One suggestion I saw from someone at 15mg said they wished they had spent 6 months at each dose rather than rushing to 15mg. I think that was because the effectiveness of quieting the food noise diminishes with time and if you don't have a higher dose to move to you need to deal with the return of wanting to eat. But if the dose you're on stops working as well, moving up makes sense.

diane S.
on 4/12/24 4:17 pm

Greetings all

The sun and the clouds are fighting today. Clouds winning. We went out to lunch at the Chinese buffet today with a couple of friends. It's astonishing how little I eat at such places. Our friends get multiple plates of food. I can't eat even a modest plate of food. Thanks sleeve. No telling how fat I would be if I had not gotten the sleeve.

After lunch we went to visit our friend in the rehab hospital She looks good and seems pretty good. Huge scar from open heart. She is walking but has trouble getting out of a chair. She needs to be able to do it using legs only as she is not to use chest muscles. She will be there another week or so. Its a quiet peaceful place though its an old facility. Better for resting. She hates all their food so I will maybe bring her something provided its low salt and low sugar.

After that we went car shopping. We drove a Chevy Blazer SUV that is 100% electric. Range is 270 miles which is more than our Chevy Bolt. What a great car. So many gadgets and whistles. DH was in heaven. The rear view mirror is either an actual mirror or a rear camera. Also sat in a Hyundai Ionic. Its weird. Like a box car. We will look at more stuff but likely will get the chevy.

CC landscaping sounds fun. Yep, do the pots yourself. Thats the fun part. Not so when digging up yard. Easy going friends are the best. Not so the high maintenance people.

Liz glad you are doing ok on the new med. Wishing you success. Also success with the shipping of home items.

So one of our friends here is moving back to the east coast to be near family. It will be hard to see her go. She is the one I gave a rocking chair to but I will get it back when she leaves. That was the deal. It's one my grandfather rescued and refurbished.

Pot pie tonight. Way too much processed food in this house even though it's from the hippie deli.

Might be nap time. But laundry is also needed.

Diane S

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

DiamondD
on 4/12/24 5:17 pm
VSG on 06/13/12

I feel the same way about my sleeve. My body just loves to be fat. I know I would never maintained any significant weight loss without it.

DiamondD
on 4/12/24 5:29 pm
VSG on 06/13/12

Liz, glad the first dose went okay. I remember the topamax did not agree with you. Your house is already so lovely, your additional items will elevate it even more.

Glorious Friday! The sun is out, the sky is blue and its going to be close to 80 this weekend. Today a student asked me, aren't you glad you don't have to wake up to an alarm tomorrow? He and I have compared notes on our night owl tendencies. :)

Celtic Women is coming to Minneapolis on Tuesday, and the tickets weren't selling as fast as they wanted. I got a BOGO code in an email, so we jumped on it and bought tickets. I'm looking forward to the show. On Friday we have our rescheduled Richard II tickets. I like having lots of shows lined up. After Richard II, we have tickets for Henry IV and Henry V, and then opera tickets for La Boheme. A satisfying line up.

Well, off to watch some more Palm Royal :)