VSG Maintenance Group

Groups » VSG Maintenance Grou... » Discussion » Monday, April 15, 2...

Monday, April 15, 2024

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 4/15/24 5:28 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Another beautiful day here. Apparently also a beautiful day in Boston for the marathon. I grew up living in a neighborhood blocked off by the marathon so we all convened on the stone wall at the base to watch the runners come by. Nice memory. And the IRS already sucked our tax payment out of the checking account - no surprise.

My day will consist of a Justice walk. Then a bit of housework if I can manage - I think I can do some dusting and wiping countertops. DH will do the heavy lifting tomorrow. We have company starting next week so we need to get this place in shape. We need to get a housekeeper but haven't got around to it. Ideally we would have someone do a thorough cleaning and have all the tile floors washed as well as having the carpet in the master bedroom cleaned after we leave. I need to get on that.

My furniture from Massachusetts should arrive today or tomorrow. Then we have to figure out how to move out the excess furniture here. Always something.

I was not super hungry yesterday but as usual wanted something around 8. I still can't tell if it is just placebo effect.

Time to get moving. Have a mild Monday!

CC C.
on 4/15/24 8:11 am

The good:

- Scale movement! Down 1.8 mysteriously today. So a total of 24.4.

- It's another beautiful day here. Spring is springing and the plants and my trees all look so happy.

The not so good:

- I hurt my right shoulder yesterday morning trying to push a rambunctious 60 pound dog off me. And THEN I hurt my left shoulder doing the same thing last night! I have two "broken wings". I'm not even going to try to do my hair today after the fun of getting dressed. Baseball cap it is.

The landscaper is coming by this morning to go through everything again before he beings in plants and monkeys with the irrigation. Other than that, I have no plans. Kirby never got a bath because I need shoulders to do that.

DianeS, do you just sit in a new car in the driveway and figure out all the buttons? I love that part! Liz, a lot of the early few weeks made me wonder how much was placebo effect. DD, your foyer cleaning is inspirational! Peps, hooray for loose new suits! I think people these days are mostly afraid to say anything about weight until they are really sure and even then are hesitant. It's the "new" pregnancy - don't mention it until they do! I bet the ones who see you less frequently will be the first to say anything. It's harder for people who see you everyday day to notice.

Hope you all have a great day!

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 4/15/24 8:56 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

34.4! Wow! How long to lose it?

Take care of those shoulders!!!!! You don't want to end up like me!

CC C.
on 4/15/24 9:08 am

I wi**** was 34.4! It's 24.4. I started February 6. So 10.5 weeks?

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 4/15/24 9:12 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

That was left hand typing LOL. 2.4 pounds a week is pretty darn terrific!

CC C.
on 4/15/24 9:14 am

Especially since 2 of those weeks I didn't lose anything and one I gained!

Peps
on 4/15/24 11:31 am, edited 4/15/24 4:32 am

Merry Monday!

Back to the grind after a heavy dog show weekend. It was definitely hard getting up this morning. I would have gladly slept another hour, and then some! And, I must woefully admit, I must finalize my taxes this afternoon and get them sent off. When I owe, I always wait until the last minute. It frustrates me to part with the money when I seem to already pay so much in taxes. The newer tax laws that went into effect during the Trump administration have been really hard for many of us in California. Top on CA's super heavy taxes and it makes it even worse. There are certainly economic benefits of not residing in CA! Yet, I have no plans to go anywhere else anytime soon. Maybe when my dad passes, but not before.

Got on the scale today. I haven't weighed since Wednesday. I'm down 3 more pounds. That's 23 pounds in 8 weeks. Not bad at all! Averages just under 3 pounds per week, which for my body weight is a safe loss rate. I'm down 29 from my all time high this past winter. My dose goes up to the next level this week. I'm wondering how doubling the dose, yet again, will affect the rate of weight loss.

Liz, I'm not sure about the placebo effect. If you are truly satisfied with 2 eggs at breakfast (between 140-180 calories depending on egg size), that doesn't sound too much like a placebo effect to me. That sounds like it's working. I hope as you increase your dose you start to feel some of the same effects that I have felt. Is the food noise a little less for you?

Not much else. Just feeling the pressure to get some things done this afternoon once I'm home.

diane S.
on 4/15/24 11:47 am

Greetings all

It's a lovely sunny day here and busy by my standards. I was in touch with our insurance agent to add the car and get proof of insurance. It sure is nice to talk to a competent person who can quickly learn what is needed and do it without some endless phone tree. We have the card already.

Also got calls regarding picking up a friend from the airport Friday. She is moving out of her apartment here and permanently moving back east to be near her kids. I think she is conflicted about this but her kids want her near. So we will pick her up and get her to her car. She has an antique rocking chair that I loaned her years ago that she will return. She only has a few days to do this and is flustered so we will pitch in with our new big sized car!

So yesterday was exhausting as the car place dragged out the process. There were incentives to lease which i have not done before. They had to do a credit check and we had frozen our credit years ago when Anthem was hacked. Getting it unfrozen with only a iPhone on a Sunday was a challenge. No people to talk to. DH figured out a way to get my freeze pin from years ago but all that took a long time. Then they were trying to switch stuff so I got *****y. I was the bad cop and DH was the good cop. So we got some extra bucks off but it was tiring. Didn't get home to a glass of wine until after 7. But it's all good now and DH is gleefully reading the manual. I am glad we got this car because even though DH will drive it mostly, It works well for me. These days new cars don't have big windows in the rear because they have all these back up cameras and do dads to detect other cars. I still like to turn my head to look and see whats around me. This car is better designed for that purpose. The Blazer pretty much had me in the dark. And this car is an EV with a range of 270 which will enable road trips should we ever get the urge.

So now I have my hair washed and need to get ready to go to the dentist. Then banking for gallery and a trip to the studio.

Liz good luck with your projects. Not sure how you can do any chores at all with your shoulder. Yeah, a housekeeper is important. We have one every other week who mainly does floors and bathrooms and surfaces. Works well. Hope the furniture arrives safely.

Yikes CC maybe you need a suit of armor to protect you from Kirby the beast. My dogs do that too but they are under 20 lbs. Maybe you can get him a dog treadmill to wear him out. Congrats on 24 lbs. That is a worthy achievement and should be celebrated.

No clue whats for dinner tonight. Maybe a deli drive by. Last night was burritos from the freezer. DH is not too keen on deli roast chicken or I would get one every week.

Not much else. Hoping the dentist finds nothing wrong,

Diane S

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 4/16/24 4:28 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

The new car really sounds great. We need to do something about getting a larger, more accessible car here in Florida. Too difficult getting in and out of our sporty, 2-door BMW. And doubly difficult when we have company.

DiamondD
on 4/15/24 3:00 pm
VSG on 06/13/12

I left everything on the field of battle today! I'm so tired. So not too much to say. Tomorrow will be less demanding. Everything is fine, just that there were a lot of time sensitive tasks I had to complete and also introduce Romeo and Juliet to 9th graders in a manner that will help them buy into: this is going to be great! Most of them are with me, so that's fun, but exhausting.