VSG Maintenance Group

Groups » VSG Maintenance Grou... » Discussion » Thursday, April 18,...

Thursday, April 18, 2024

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 4/18/24 5:31 am, edited 4/18/24 5:39 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Book Club last night was so good, yet so sobering. The woman who organizes them read an update from our hospitalized member's husband. She has at most a few weeks to live. We never know what is around the corner.

Our speaker was incredibly interesting when she related her experience as a nurse in Vietnam and how she had dealt with it afterwards. She was there in 1968 and continued working for the Army in various capacities until she retired as a colonel. But last night was the first time she had ever spoken about Vietnam to anyone since she came home. She said that reading the book had opened up a lot of memories for her that she had "locked away in a box" and had experienced some recent nightmares. Her sister and niece were also at the meeting and her sister was crying as she listened.

Thank you for your suggestions on transporting the Tirzepatide. I ordered one of those insulated kits from Amazon.

Today we have an appointment in the next town and will grab lunch there. This evening we have the end of season bash at the Beach Club. We were unable to get tickets to it in prior years because of the demand, but this year the Book Club was able to obtain a bunch of tables. I have a new wrap dress to wear. Good thing it doesn't have to go on over my head or I wouldn't be able to put it on.

Have a thriving Thursday!

CC C.
on 4/18/24 9:49 am

The scale giveth and it taketh away. Or in this case did it taketh away yesterday and giveth today? Down 1.6. Post shot drop. That's 25 pounds. 42% to my goal in 2.5 months. Amazing.

Landscapers are almost done. They are bringing soil for my pots today. He couldn't find a few plants, but thinks he'll have them later this week. Then on to plant shopping! I also need to fertilize the existing s in the yard. Always something to do.

Just plugging along here. Hope you all have a great day!

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 4/18/24 10:33 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Wahoo! Great results!

DiamondD
on 4/18/24 2:15 pm
VSG on 06/13/12

Love it! I'm so happy for you. I know from all the posts over the years the amount of effort you put into fighting regain. So glad that there is a medical intervention that is helping. For Peps too. Makes me happy. I hope Liz finds the same results.

diane S.
on 4/18/24 12:26 pm

Greetings all

Early for me again today. Thats because we are sort of waiting around for the time to go pick up the old car and then go to the DNV to fix the car title. We have an appointment so should be ok. Lots of bucks to repair the old heap which I am still not sure was a good idea but it's running. I have a starving artist friend I might give it to.

Another blue bird day here. I so enjoy looking at the sky through the birch trees and evergreens in the back yard. Reminds me that we are coming up on the best time of year here.

CC you inspire me to get my deck planters going. I am watching for my favorite sweet peas but may have to go to the nursery. OH well.

And way to go CC you are rocking the semiglutides. This is all as it should be and as mother nature should have done for us had she not been having a bad day. I keep inching toward this - I think what makes me hesitate is I am not quite mentally committed to changing my eating habits. I was totally committed before VSG and lost 17 lbs pre surgery. But I was a much more active person them. I really think my super sedentary nature is at the root of my issues.

Liz enjoy the beach bash. Wrap dress! What a good idea! Remember when it was a thing to take two beach towels and sew them together to make a giant kaftan? Thats probably what I would have done. Good for you for being stylish.

I just had some vegan tomato soup from the hippie deli. It's quite good but a bit spicy. Put crackers in it which is my Achilles heel.

We have been watching Shogun. Great series. Caught up last night. Well done but I want something a bit more light hearted.

The puppies all turned 3 on Tuesday. No party here. Maybe next month when one visits.

Time to get moving. The mechanic awaits. Diane S

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 4/18/24 12:46 pm - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

My DS loves Shogun. I read the book years ago. A bit heavy for me to watch these days.

DiamondD
on 4/18/24 2:23 pm
VSG on 06/13/12

A thought if you're considering the medication: I didn't really have to plan to lose weight or diet. The drugs mimicked the feel of a newer sleeve, that muscle memory/habits kicked in, and I found myself choosing what I consider more sleeve friendly foods because they were more appealing. Maybe you would be a slower loser like me (or maybe not!), but it has been such a game changer for me. I couldn't budge a pound without it. Almost a year later, and I'm down 35 pounds. I feel so much better, and I find I'm moving a lot more than I was last year. I was getting pretty sedentary.

DiamondD
on 4/18/24 2:39 pm
VSG on 06/13/12

What an experience Liz, to hear the nurse speak about her experiences. I can't begin to imagine what these people went through. You'll rock your wrap dress at what is sure to be a super fun party.

I'm happy today, because tomorrow I'm having a Mammogram :) . I took an entire sick day, so once I'm done with my appointment, I'm free to putz around. Also, I do like going for the annual mammogram, because I like hearing that all is well. Its reassuring. After my cancer, I actually wanted to go every six months forever, but my oncologist said that was only necessary the first year. It will be 4 years this June. I almost blew the appointment off. It had been cancelled during Covid, and when they rescheduled it, it was at a kind of in convenient time. Thank goodness I kept the appointment.

Also, we will see Richard II performed tomorrow. I need to review the plot again. Its not a Shakespeare play I've ever studied, and I haven't seen it performed since the 1990s. Back then, our premier theatre, The Guthrie, believed that actors shouldn't have microphones on the thrust stage, they should rely on projecting their voices. You REALLY had to listen during a Shakespeare play. Now they do use amplification, and I am all for it.

I think we are having avocado toast and fruit salad for dinner. Adventures in dining!

CC C.
on 4/18/24 3:42 pm

I didn't realize he did a Richard II play. Richard III I know of. Did you see the movie, The Lost King? It's on Hulu. True story of the woman who found Richard III's grave under a car park in Leicester... Worth a watch! And there ends my knowledge of kings named Richard.

DiamondD
on 4/18/24 8:05 pm
VSG on 06/13/12

I remember that story! I'll watch that video. And for the longest time I thought I'd seen a play In 1991 called Richard III, but no, it was, in fact Richard II.