Back On Track Together

Groups » Back On Track Togeth... » Discussion » Afternoon Tea Time!...

Afternoon Tea Time! Weekend Roadblocks....

Kathy S.
on 1/9/09 4:33 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with
Hey Everyone 

I love the weekends    If you are like me you run around like a chicken with your head cut off getting all the things done you didn't have time to do during the week.  When Monday comes around you are pooped 

We are  all taking baby steps to get Back On Track, so plan ahead for any weekend roadblocks.

Mine are 

** DH likes to go out to breakfast - need to stick to oatmeal instead of the other stuff
** Sleeping in late leads to not getting in all my protein and water and night eating
** I'll do my exercise Monday and take the weekend off   Until I work out 5 days a week NO!

Any roadblocks you need to prepare for? 

Take care,
Kathy

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

Ms Shell
on 1/9/09 6:50 am - Hawthorne, CA
Ha my weekends are always roadblocks cause I am a bored nothing to do snacker.  Luckily this weekend is chuck full of excitement.  Another good thing about being back on track and my friends is that we get up bright and early on Saturday morning to walk 4 miles!!  I just LOVE my friends!!  So it gets my weekend started right!!

Ms Shell

"WLS is only for people who are ready to move past the "diet" mentality" ~Alison Brown
"WLS is not a Do-Over (repeat same mistakes = get a similar outcome.)  It is a Do-BETTER (make lifestyle changes you can continue forever.)" ~ Michele Vicara aka Eggface

Cathy W.
on 1/9/09 8:48 am
Okay Kath - I thought, "No big deal for the weekend.  I'll be fine."  That was before we received this huge, gigantic shipment of wonderful fruit (no problem) but tons of mixed nuts, candy, truffles, chocolate/carmel popcorn, brownies, cookies, etc.  I had to walk out of the room because I needed to not see that stuff.

Okay, so my committment for the weekend is to stay out of that junk.  Really, when I was looking at all of it as my hubby unwrapped it was getting on and posting on BOTT.  I hear my husband and kids oohing and awing as I write this.

I think I've got some boulder roadblocks ahead but I have my BOTT plower ready to go!

Cathy

Cathy

Want to get back on track or stay on track? Get Back On Track Together!

NewJen
on 1/9/09 10:51 pm - greensboro, NC
     My weekends are always interesting because I work nights 7pm- 7am every Saturday and Sunday.  It is so hard to know when and what to eat.  On Saturday I only get about a 2 hour nap so I seem to eat 2 days worth of food but then on Monday i sleep the day away and eat very little. 
      It has been over a year since I truley have looked at my diet intake so I will be pre planning for this weekend.
     I am so anxious to weigh on Monday I know I will "behave" this weekend. 
New for 2009
BeingJenAgain
243/156/145
5'4"

vivk1010
on 1/10/09 12:01 am - Greeley, CO
Well, this weekend I work both days 7a - 7p so my biggest roadblock will be having to work, with no work to do, and someone today brought in a dozen and a half donuts, 2 bags of chips with homemade pomegranate salsa and a box of microwave popcorn. 
I have done some kind of exercise activity 5 days this week, and my legs are a little achy so I was going to take today off to rest.
Plus I had to get up earlier than normal and make a 2 hr drive to drop my daughter off with family for the weekend, which has thrown off my eating schedule.  I brought my breakfast, lunch and 2 snacks with me, but so far (9am) all I have had is a large NF SF truffle coffee on the way back to town. 
Oh well, I guess eating later will just stop me from snacking later!!!!!!!!  THE POWER OF POSTIVE THINKING!!!!!!!!!
Have a good day
Vivienne

mcnotk
on 1/10/09 9:20 am
my weekend challenge is remembering to get my water in.  Its not like I'm drinking other 'stuff', I have not had soda (with the exception of a sip when I was walking with a friend and ran out of water... and it was a very cautious ship) I don't drink crystal light or juice.. I do, at work, buy a diet iced tea in the afternoon....    but on weekends, even tho i have water near me all the time I forget to put it to my lips and and sip/drink...

In fact I just realized (typing this) I had not had anything do drink in a few hours... so now I'm chugging water...