Plastic Surgery

Dec 26, 2008

Choosing a plastic surgeon.

1/5/2009 (one week)

Trip to Dr. Agha's office.  Dr. Agha is very happy with my incision healing process.  He states that complications usually occur in the first two weeks.  So far he can't see where I will have complications.  Dr. Agha's "whole patient approach" to reconstructive surgery helps in this process tremendously.  I would primarily credit the nutritional component as a major help in the healing process.  Extra protein and b vits, A and others have been beneficial.  This is my first outing.  To the doctors, then my DH and I went to refill my pain meds, went to a deli for lunch, I then stayed in the car for the rest of the running around, but got my first starbucks (Venti, Soy, Caffe' Misto).  After 4 hours made it back to the hotel.  Watched Oprah's show (her best of life week long series).  Oprah is back on the wagon again and helping millions in the process.  I saw Carnie Willson on the show.  She had lost down to 147 pds and then regained up to 220 something.  She is now back on track using her tool.  She is at a very beautiful weight of 168 pds.  The common theme?  LOVE YOURSELF.  This is so true, if you can't love yourself, you may not help yourself. 

I can't believe it has been 8 days since my surgery. I thought I would have returned here sooner. But I have been recuperating and resting taking care of me. First of all big thank you's to Kathy and Alison (you know who you are). They have both been very supportive. I even got to meet Alison. We all have the same wonderful plastic surgeon, Dr. Agha.

Second I must thank my wonderful husband. He has been taking care of me this whole time. With the number of procedures I had done, there is no way I could have taken care of myself.

Lastly, thanks to everyone for the many comments and advice. Many of them have come in very handy.

Well I ended up with a High Definition TT, Spiral Thighplasty combined with the LBL, Butt Augmentation and a Breast Lift (no aug at this time). The spiral thighplasty is an inner thigh lift with a horizontal scar at the top of the thigh. THANK YOU DR AGHA. You do beautiful work. I can start to see the outline under all of the swelling.

I stayed in the hospital from Monday to Thursday. We have been staying in an extended stay hotel. The best thing my husband and I did. At first I thought I would have been better to recuperate at home. Now I think it is better this way. No distractions of what is happening at home has allowed my husband and I to concentrate on the recuperation process.

The first 5 days were tough. But every day I am feeling better and better. It is difficult to find a good position due to all the incision locations and the butt aug. My butt is still very swollen. The thighs and waist swell, but not as much as the butt. I do like the binder on, but it is harder to get off and on to go potty. Dr. Agha wants me to keep it on, but not 24/7. I can keep it off for up to 5 hrs or so a day.

I came to the hotel with the leg pumpers, catheter and two drains. I still use the leg pumpers each time I lay down. We took out the catheter on Sunday. It came in very handy not to have to deal with going potty for that first week. Dr. Agha visited me here at the hotel on Sat and removed one drain. The other drain should be gone by this wed or fri.

I had my first BM on last Thursday(5 days). Thank GOD! I used stool softeners, but think I should have added the MofMag sooner. I started using that for a couple of days and am back to being regular again.

Dr. Agha said to take a shower as soon as I have my first BM and to take off the steri-tape. So, day 4 I had a shower and have had one every day since. It feels so good.

Would I do all procedures at once again knowing what I know now? Not sure. But if I were to give up one, it would be the thigh lift to do later. However, now I am glad they are all done together. Seeing all of these results together will be awesome.

I have posted one before/after picture of butt aug. You must be a friend to see.

Any questions you have just ask me. I "understand" so much more now.


Well my husband and I made the long drive home from Newport Beach to Redding, CA today.  It tooks us over 9 hrs.  We made stops at least every 1.5 hrs so I could get out and walk around.  I was pretty uncomfortable most of the way.  It was hard to sit for so long.  I was unable to elevate my legs so I did have some swelling after the trip.  I don't recommend it, but I really just wanted to get home.  I did not want to stay at another motel.  Another problem on the trip home was nausea.  I was taking the pain pills (percoset).  however, I do get car sick, but not usually on a straight away like Interstate 5.  For about 3 hrs of the trip, I was extremely nauseated and had to just concentrate/meditate to get through that.

Well we got home.  At this point in my recovery I am still in pain and very uncomfortable.  Lots of stinging, numbness and tightness.  I am unable to stand up straight.  No complications, the incisions look great. 


My first Visitors.  My niece and sister-in-law came to visit today.  It was a good visit.  My husband left to pick up my mother at the airport.  My mom and I took a walk today.  It's nice to have my mom here. 


Mom and I took another walk today.  It was a long one, about 1 mile.  I walk slow and I am still bent over, but...

Well that was my last walk for awhile.  My husband and i noticed some redness and leaking in an incision.  I thought I should stop moving so much.


Well the leaking has now turned into an open wound.  Dr. Agha said to start the wet/dry treatment.  I need to debride the site of all of the yellow/white tissue.


About Me
Northern CA,
Surgery Date
Jun 02, 2007
Member Since

Friends 100

Latest Blog 4
Taking Risks