Milestone reached and passed!!

Susan B.
on 7/25/12 2:12 am - Canada
RNY on 02/17/12
So first off I want to let everyone know you all rock!!  This is the best forum, not just faries and butterflies~you all say it like it is ~ you do not just tell us what we want to hear.  Cause sometimes we need to hear the truth~no not sometimes Always!.

It is hardest to say the truth when you know the other person is doing it wrong or could do it better.  You all do that~Thanks even if it was not my post I have listened and it has helped.

That leads to my milestone.  I weighted myself today and I am down  ~~drum roll~~ 105 lbs!!!!!!

I am 5 months out from my surgery and already 105 lbs, I find this really surreal.  I have worked at it but its strange.  People are not recognizing me~that is cool and weird at the same time.

My weightloss pattern has been strange in the last 40 lbs or so.  I see a big drop then I do not see that numberfor another week or two.  Today the drop was a milestone.  I am taking it.  I am ok with knowing it will not be solid for a week or so.  It is the first time I have seen these numbers on the scale for over a decade!.

I have to say this has been a really interesting journey.  It is not easy, although I am determined so I am making it appear easy.  I do nto whine, complain or moan.  I am readjusting my lifestyle and my outlook on food.  Everytime I put something in my mouth I ask myself are I hungry-do I need to eat-is this what my body needs or my mind thinks it needs. 

I am still working to overcome the head desires for food.  I am still tracking my food intake.  I am still measuring to be sure I recreate the appropriate habits in my food life.

I am 52 the end of the week I have many years of wrong eatting to overcome.  This will not happen overnight.  I am ok with the thought it maybe my entire life that I need to be fully aware and conscious of my tendancies to wrong eatting habits.

I am off to go shopping with my daughter today.  I need to start trying on clothes to learn my style.  I am now shopping in normal stores.  Its wierd as well.  I have to realize just because it fits doesnt mean it is my style and doesnt mean I should buy it.  I have to admit it is a bit overwhelming to shop everywhere rather than just having the large size section of walmart, additionelle and penningtons.  I have wandered a bit in the other stores, it is really strange!!  Good but strange!

Thanks again to those who post on here,  you have been a huge part of my sucess!

From Orientation at TWH to Surgical date~6 months 

ambi bambi
on 7/25/12 2:15 am - Canada
RNY on 08/03/12
Woohoo. Good for you. Enjoy the shopping, you deserve it.

Referral: 9 May 2011                 Info OWC : 22 July 2011           Nurse: 16 April 2012    
Nut/Behaviour: 14 May 2012     Scope : June 29 2
012               UltraSound: 26 April 2012
Education Class: 27 June 2012   Meet the Surgeon: 10 July 2012
Surgery Date:
3 Aug 2012 with Dr. Raiche

niceeyes72
on 7/25/12 2:50 am - Cornwall, Canada
RNY on 03/23/12
Hey Susan!!! YOU ROCK!!!

That is a great success in 5 months!!! I am hoping to follow in your foot steps!! We had the same starting weight....I am 4 months post op....

It is fun to shop.... but you are right...just because it fits doesn't mean it works!!!

Enjoy shopping and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Tam
Highest Weight: 365lbs
Clinic Weight: 325lbs
Clinic goal:190 lbs
Current Weight: 176.4lbs
My goal:165lbs
Surgery: Dr. Yelle Ottawa on March 23, 2012

Diminishing Dawn
on 7/25/12 3:05 am - Windsor, Canada
 What a wonderful post Susan!

Congratulations on your success!

Dawn

17+ years post op RNY. first year blog here or My LongTimer blog. Tummy Tuck Dr. Matic 2014 -Ohip funded panni Windsor WLS support group.message me anytime!
HW:290 LW:139 RW: 167 CW: 139

Btrue2u
on 7/25/12 4:06 am - Toronto, Canada
RNY on 08/20/12
It is very inspiring it here your story ...if I can be half as successful as you I will be happy ...HAPPY BIRTHDAY

20AUG12-8AM SURGERY AT ST.JOES IN TORONTO  W/ DR SMITH                        

Nathalie_Can
on 7/25/12 3:55 am
Hi Susan,

You are totally rocking your RNY and you must be so proud of that.  I can tell just by reading how positive and happy you are.

We are a massive support group that like me, and many of us, would struggle without it!

Hooray for you and this HUGE milestone!
Nathalie

~Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you really wanted!~    

JJ_
on 7/25/12 4:07 am
Holy tomatoes!  What a fast weight loss.  Congrats.

Judy
Chanelle1022
on 7/25/12 4:49 am
that is freakin  fantastic!! Congrats lady!!

referral: October 18,2011 orientation: January 6,2012 np: July 11,2012
abdominal u/s: August 8,2012 psych: August 16,2012 nut/behav: August 27,2012
endoscopy: September 28,2012 follow up with dietician:October 1st,2012 surgery class:9 am, October 31,2012 meet the surgeon:November 13th,2012 Optifast start: Dec 3rd, 2012SURGERY by Dr. Yelle : December 24! 

sam1am
on 7/25/12 5:30 am
Great job, congratz!

Sandy                                           

"The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody  else up"                     

Mark Twain                                                       LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCatAnimation One      

ToNewBeginnings
on 7/25/12 5:55 am
Excellent!

Most Active
Recent Topics