What are you eating/doing today - Thursday?

crqvingchange
on 6/21/18 4:10 am

Good morning lovely Menu Peeps. Looks like it's going to be a nice one today. This morning I'm going swimming, and then meeting a friend. Might do some gardening and chores later. Notice how I said might, lol?

Accountability: All good

Question of the Day: As we have some Newbies, what are some of the reasons you plan your menu and post here? For me, it stops me from scrambling last minute to figure out what I want to eat, or grabbing something on the run that is not a good choice. Also, I love the support, and the Menu Peeps I consider as friends.

The eats today at 3 years 11 months post-op:

B. Rivers of decaf, after swimming a poached egg and bacon

L. Not sure what I'm going to order, but it will be a protein and veg.

D. Leftover ribeye with a small salad. Probably 2oz of ribeye left.

S. Fit Frappe Mocha Latte

No totals because of lunch. It's Ok not to post totals.

Have a great day everyone.

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

Meggles07
on 6/21/18 4:47 am - Canada

Good morning :)

Up way too early for a morning I don't need to be up. Between baby and puppies I am not sleeping much these days. DH's helpful comment "everyone keeps telling me that the third trimester is the worst". Yes dear, thank you for that ;)

Today we are meeting up for our weekly lunch date, then I'm going to hit up Walmart and CT. I've been stocking up on things so I don't have to worry as much about going out if/when baby arrives. I feel like I've been spending a ton but I know it means I won't be spending much in August and probably September. DH kind of freaked when I told him I was buying three large bags of dog food (our pups are small), but I said at the end of the year it will work out the same.

QOTD: mostly I post on here to share with the menu peeps and stay connected. I feel like it helps me to stay in WLS mode, especially right now when I could choose to completely go off the rails and it would be considered slightly socially acceptable ;) lol. Also, it makes me think about what's in the fridge and make healthy choices instead of picking up something quick. I am very much missing my deli meats and pepperoni, and will be sending someone out to buy some for me once this nugget gets here. I used to live on the Costco turkey pepperettes, but they aren't recommended during pregnancy (listeria risk). Also, DH has been instructed that my first real meal is going to be a sub with deli meat when the time comes.

Post-op three years and three months.

Breakfast - protein bar

Snack - egg and pickles

Lunch - something at a restaurant. I think we are doing tex-mex

Snack - Greek yogurt and banana

Dinner - BBQ chicken, asparagus, and potato

Snack - pudding if needed

All water and vits.

crqvingchange
on 6/21/18 7:58 am

DH's helpful comment "everyone keeps telling me that the third trimester is the worst". Yes dear, thank you for that ;)

Nothing says that you, Baby Thor and the puppies can't have a nap in the sunroom.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

Meggles07
on 6/21/18 8:52 am - Canada

That's the plan after Walmart ;) the puppies are realllllly good at napping lol.

Ginnny
on 6/21/18 5:38 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 04/11/16

Good morning everyone. Really had to talk myself into going to the gym this morning but I did it and am probably better for it.

Yesterday I nearly walked the legs off my walking buddy at lunch. He was draggin' his butt by the time we made it back to work. I was already in the building before he even made the front step. Something tells me he won't want to go again today.

QOTD: I try to plan my menus every day even though I may not post all the time. It just helps to know what I will be eating and whether or not I can have an "unplanned" snack if necessary.

2 yr 2 mos post op

B - 2 eggs, 1 slice of cheese

S - greek yogurt/coconut clusters

L - tuna salad

S - meat/cheese/cracker tray

D - Pot roast

Have a great day!

Over 100 lbs lost! and 13 lbs below goal weight!

crqvingchange
on 6/21/18 8:02 am

Ginny you crack me up. You are our little Drill Sargant/Fitness Animal. You may have to bribe your walking buddy with coffee to get him out for walks with you.

I bought some fitness shorts that say "Keep Up".

Ginnny
on 6/21/18 8:56 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 04/11/16

Love the shorts! I need to get a pair of those!!

Over 100 lbs lost! and 13 lbs below goal weight!

corriev
on 6/21/18 12:32 pm
VSG on 03/06/18

QOTD - im a newbie - and you guys have all the knowledge and experience and the saying is learn from others experience so you dont make the same mistakes resonated in my journey - and it paid off. I challenge anyone who says getting WLS is a cop out or an easy way out..

My journey today

B - Protein shake

S - Skyr

L - Business lunch called Cali bowl.. it was grilled chicken breast, feta, strawberry, and quinoa i had the chicken and the feta, all i could handle.

s- too full

D - pork loin with salad.

s - poached egg

MFP -

Cal - 629

carb - 18

prot - 115

fat - 13

kamac
on 6/21/18 5:12 pm
VSG on 07/09/18

Good evening! It's so beautiful outside, hope everyone is enjoying the weather.

QOTD: As someone whose surgery is coming up soon, I love reading people's posts in this thread! It's great to get a window into how folks are eating and living after surgery, whatever stage they are at in their journey. It's informative and inspirational. You guys rock!

I also find it helpful to post my menu, to help keep me focused, since I'm not doing Opti.

Breakfast: 3/4 cup cottage cheese, 1/2 cup cherries
Lunch: 1 cup cottage cheese
Snack: 3oz chicken breast, 1 wasa rye crack, 1 tbsp olive oil mayo, mustard, 1/2 cup sliced cucumbers
Dinner: planning on having a cup of 0% fat plain Greek yogurt with some Torani SF syrup, and 1 tbsp natural peanut butter off the spoon

836 calories; 47g carbs; 31g fat; 105g protein.

Kara
Highest Weight: 420; Opti Starting Weight: 395; Surgery Weight: 371;
Current Weight: 322.1; Goal Weight: 160

"Find things beautiful as much as you can, most people find too little beautiful."
-Vincent Van Gogh

crqvingchange
on 6/21/18 6:12 pm

Those are some nice stats kamac.

The veterans on here helped us, and for me, I feel privileged to pay it forward. Corrie is right when he says WLS is not a cop out.

Most Active
Recent Topics