I did it

Lilrebel
on 9/1/14 7:34 am

I had my surgery on 8/20. It was a revision and had some damage I had to have fixed. I so far can get all of my protein and fluids which is scary for me because I though they told me it would be more difficult. Toda is the first day I feel almost human. JP gets pulled tomorrow. I have been back to work for a week as I am not a good at home person. These 2 weeks of clear liquids with protein shakes is almost over though.  I am able to drive. Have not taken narcotics since I left the hospital. Is this average? What should I expect next.

NYMom222
on 9/1/14 8:03 am
RNY on 07/23/14

Wow, Congratulations. I had my surgery 7/23. I only took the narcotics my first night home. Took some Tylenol the next day, and nothing since. I swung between have lots of energy and then the tired would just hit me. Good for you for going back to work. It's a good distraction if you can handle all the shakes etc. there. Every Doctor's different. I started on soft... yogurt, cott cheese etc on day 5. I found the getting the liquids and protein in much harder once I shifted to the last stage of more normal solid-ish food. Keep a food journal it helps. I didn't know about the whole food getting stuck thing either, I just knew about dumping. Did that a few times, one time was very uncomfortable. I realized it happened or three reasons: Food too dry, didn't chew enough, ate too fast. My Nutritionist told me about an app called "eat Slower" it's basically a timer that beeps or vibrates at intervals you set so you time each bite. It has really helped me. Good Luck!

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

SkinnyScientist
on 9/1/14 9:44 am

What was the damage and how did they fix it?  How did it occur?

I want to know because I worry about my tool.

RNY Surgery: 12/31/2013; 

Current weight (2/27/2015) 139lbs, ~14% body fat

Three pounds below Goal!!! Yay !  

Most Active
Recent Topics