What's on Your Wednesday Menu, RNYers?

AngryViking
on 3/10/15 11:53 pm, edited 3/10/15 11:58 pm
RNY on 07/17/14

Hey all!  Sorry for the late start but I had an early payer meeting here at work so I didn't have time to post beforehand.  Can you believe that?  My actual job interfering with my OH posting?  The nerve!  LOL

Is everyone enjoying the weather reprieve?  I gotta tell you, my mood is so much better when there's some sun and you can smell spring in the air.  I can't wait to get my bike out of the shed!  My husband bought it for me last summer but I wasn't able to actually ride it.  That old adage is untrue!  Riding a bike is NOT like riding a bike.  LMAO  Although, part of my difficulty last year was being able to get my knees up when my gut was in the way.  I'm hoping with less gut this year I'll be able to take off on it.  We have an awesome Erie Canal bike trail close to my house and I want in!  Plus, my bike?  She's so pretty.    Now, I know we've got a couple of runners here, but does anyone do anything else outdoorsy sporty?  Biking?  Hiking?  Kayaking?  Tell me tales of outdoor activities.

Time since surgery:  Almost 8 months

B:  A giant glass of 1% milk w/ Ovaltine.  Sorry, not sorry.  It was glorious.  And some coffee.

S:  Light and Fit Greek Toasted Coconut Vanilla

L:  Buffalo chicken salad with pork rinds and a string cheese

D:  2 oz. hamburger patty with a slice of Sargento cheddar

TOTALS:  Cals:  854  Protein:  93  Carbs:  52  Fat:  36

I'm pretty happy with these numbers today! 

Dcgirl
on 3/11/15 12:01 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Hey Kristen!  Your numbers are awesome today! 

I am not a runner, though I did do a 5k, but I refer to myself as an "urban hiker".  I love love love taking long walks through cities - whether it's DC (where I live) or London or Paris or NYC or wherever.  I have always loved to explore, and it's soooo much easier now, being as fit as I am.

I am with you - we are going to get up to 64 today and I think it will feel like tank top weather!  I am excited to walk to and from the gym, as opposed to wondering if I will die of hypothermia.  I love that Spring is in the air!

My menu...it's pretty delicious, I am warning you:

B: Coffee with half and half, a salted caramel light and fit yogurt with almonds

L: Crab stuffed flounder from Trader Joe's.  They don't always have this but I LOVE it.  310 calories, 35 g protein

S: Jalapeño greek yogurt dip with 34 degree crackers

D: Turkey tacos - ground turkey with taco seasoning, onions and peppers, homemade guac, some Mexican cheese.  I will eat some blue corn chips for crunch with it.  All of my favorite flavors!

E: One hour arc trainer, 15 minutes core (trying to tighten my stomach muscles as much as possible so my surgeon doesn't have to)

Totals are 1,400 calories, 95 protein, 91 carbs.

Have a great Spring day, all!  Em

AngryViking
on 3/11/15 12:19 am
RNY on 07/17/14

I have got to get my ass to Trader Joes.  You get the yogurt dip there, too, right? 

Dcgirl
on 3/11/15 12:42 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Yes, you must!!!  And yes, the jalapeño greek yogurt dip is over by the hummus.  I am obsessed with that store!

JB1114
on 3/11/15 12:23 am - Grain Valley, MO

My outdoor activities consist of sitting in a lounge chair with a book and a large glass of iced tea.  Walking in a scenic place is nice.  I would only run if I'm being chased and don't want to be caught.  I love to cook, sew and quilt......none of these activities using excessive amount of energy.  Find an exercise you like......there are none with the exception of water aerobics.  I did enjoy that but the class is mid-morning and when I'm working that isn't possible.  When I'm finished with this temp job, I will go back to doing that. 

My tastebuds are reappearing.  Coffee tasted good this morning and my water tastes cold.  I was doing so well with my eating then got totally off track after the sinus surgery.  Way too many carbs.  Still having buyer's remorse there.  My RNY was easier than this.  Finally slept all night, waking up only once, and wound up oversleeping by about 15 minutes. 

B: Click shake

S:  Ricotta cheese w/vanilla extract, sweetener, walnuts

L:  Minestrone  w/low carb crackers; 100 calorie yogurt

S:  Think Thin bar

D:  Meatballs in brown gravy; green beans

S:  Chobani kids' frozen yogurt stick

~Jo~

RNY: July 8, 2008

Dr. John Price

Kansas City, MO

AngryViking
on 3/11/15 12:39 am
RNY on 07/17/14

I have a glass that says "I'm outdoorsy in that I like getting drunk on patios"  HA!

My husband had sinus surgery many years ago and I remember the recovery being pretty tough.  But once he turned that corner he's never been happier.  Hang in there!

Laura in Texas
on 3/11/15 12:23 am, edited 3/11/15 12:25 am

Today is all about weight loss surgery for me. For lunch, I am meeting a friend of a friend who is considering weight loss surgery. She has a lot of fears so I am going to try to give her some insight. I meet with people considering surgery a lot. For dinner I am meeting a bunch of friends who all had weight loss surgery around the same time as me. There are several sleevers, several lap-banders, and several RNYers. I love my WLS friends. We have a great support group. We get together about once a month.

My eating will be way over my usual calorie count, but that is OK.

The weather here is still dreary. 60 degrees, but overcast. I need the sun!!!!!

I hope everyone has a great day!!

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

mamata2
on 3/11/15 12:26 am

It's so nice that you have a great support group!  Also, way to be a great resource for your friend!

karenp8
on 3/11/15 12:31 am - Brighton, IL

I love talking to people about my surgery too. I was the first person my rheumatologist had ever referred for WLS. I asked him and he knew nothing about it but after seeing my success he has now had 4 other patients who had surgery too. So many people only hear horror stories and so the fears are there,so I take any opportunity to share my story and success with anyone who will listen. This site is my support group because my surgeon's office and support group is two hours away. I love hearing and seeing the continued success of you and Kelly and Kim and others years out. Thanks for sharing your journey with us!

AngryViking
on 3/11/15 12:37 am, edited 3/11/15 12:40 am
RNY on 07/17/14

That is very cool about meeting with prospective WLS-ers!  I think a lot of people either know a "horror story" about what happened to their cousin's hairdresser's brother's girlfriend or they think it's magic and you don't have to put any real effort into it. 

Most Active
Recent Topics