What's on your menu today (PHOTO FRIDAY) RNYers?

Grim_Traveller
on 5/23/17 4:06 am
RNY on 08/21/12

All of New England is just covered in rocks, and it's all YOUR fault. The damn glaciers that YOU guys sent down here dragged all of YOUR rocks with them. So, technically, these rocks belong to you. Please come and get them.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

catwoman7
on 5/19/17 6:24 am, edited 5/18/17 11:26 pm
RNY on 06/03/15

Ugh - pouch was upset this morning. I ate breakfast anyway, and up most of it came. Big mistake. Not sure what was going on - although I feel better now. I think I should skip the coffee today and just have a plain, fruity (or maybe chicken soup-flavored?) protein shake. Fancy, creamy, or latte-type shakes might set all this off again.

I'm not sure what I'd do - animal rescue and health care type things sound good. I, too, have thought about volunteering in a nursing home or memory care facility, although I'll need to wait awhile until I've worked through all these emotions surrounding my father. Maybe in a year or two. I feel especially terrible for elderly patients whose families don't come to see them - sometimes for OK reasons (e.g., they live really far away), sometimes not (e.g., because they just don't want to deal with it). I felt awful having my dad in a facility, but there's no way any of us could have cared for him. At least my brother lives in the area and was able to visit him 2-3x a week, and my sister and I flew down to be with him whenever we could (me - every other month). Some of the patients there really had nobody. So sad...

tomorrow is free, Sunday I'm at the research center all day for testing (MRI, blood tests, computer-based tests, etc) for the study I'm in. Monday night I have another sleep study (also for the study I'm in). So some packed days coming up...

23 month out (maintence)

B: Greek yogurt, raspberries, flaxseed (although probably only half of it is left in my stomach)

S: protein shake

L: talking to a pre-op class today at my bariatric clinic, so may not have time for lunch - I have a protein bar with me, though

D: turkey meatballs on a Flat Out Flip-It wrap with tzatziki sauce, cucumber, and tomato

down below 140 again this morning, shocker of shocks. I've been eating at the high end of my range for a few days, and a couple of days I went over. Glad to see the 130s again!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

NYMom222
on 5/19/17 6:25 am
RNY on 07/23/14

Love your photos and your front yard....

Mine are my hydrangeas by my pool... and love my trees in the front yard when they bloom in the beginning of May. This year they bloomed early so I sent my son this pic on his birthday April 30th... One of the things he says he misses about 'home' is seeing them bloom...

Image may contain: plant and outdoor

Image may contain: tree, plant, sky, flower, outdoor and nature

I should be on for the CAMAW challenge as I am getting home on the 29th!

B: Latte w/fairlife/mct oil
2oz chicken w/cesear dressing

L: eggs, cheese scramble

D: Fish, veggies from freezer TBD

Snacks: skyr w/bleberries, protein hot chocolate

Have switched from busy life mode to busy packing and getting ready for Paris mode... off for a mani pedi in a minute :)

NSV: I am getting on a plane by myself...not worried about what seat I get, going to a foreign country where I don't speak the language with an address in my hand and finding Maryann... a global game of Where's Waldo :) #lifeisanadventure #livinglifeoutloud

EX: Gym w/trainer- 7AM and done... He also gave me some exercises and stretches for Paris- need to keep my strength up for surgery, as well as keep my knee healthy with all the walking- I just had a cortizone shot in it and it is still acting up some.... but he said 'not everyday!' :)

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

pammieanne
on 5/19/17 8:00 am - OK
RNY on 05/16/16

Your Hydrangeas are beautiful!!!! I love those so much!

Your NSV rocks!! What a wonderful adventurous game of Where's Waldo!!!! Enjoy!

Height 5'5" HW 260 SW 251 CW 141.6 (2/27/18)

RNY 5-16-16 Pre-Op 9lbs, M1-18.5lbs, M2-18.1lbs, M3-14.8lbs, M4-10.4lbs, M5-9.2lbs, M6-7lbs, M7-6.2lbs, M8-8.8lbs,M9-7.8lbs, M10-1 lb, M11-.6lbs, M12-4.4lbs

NYMom222
on 5/19/17 10:46 am
RNY on 07/23/14

I was picking up snacks for travel at TJs this morning and the young man cashier asked me what I was doing this weekend- so I told him the going to Paris with an address in my hand story.... He said "It's like the Amazing Race".... hahahaha

I am getting so old everyone is a 'kid'... anyway the kid personal trainer every Thursday or Friday asks me what I am doing for the weekend- just to make small talk...and I must then reveal the boringness of my life. So today (he knew I was going to Paris), He wasn't asking- torturing me for fun-- I'm like c'mon Ask!! So I can say I'm going to Paris! and what am I doing next weekend? Paris!

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Daisydoo02
on 5/22/17 5:58 pm - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

You have an amazing property and those hydrangea are stunning!! Hope you are in Paris and having a blast!!

Jakosaurus
on 5/19/17 6:33 am
VSG on 08/07/17

Good morning all. TGIF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't have any real plans for this weekend. Tonight is my wife's "Girls night out" so it will be me a he kiddos at home. We'll probably play a board game. I'm starting back with school on the 1st after an extended hiatus due to some health issues and I just spoke to my new student mentor last night. She has given me early access to one of the courses (I do everything online) so I am hoping to get a jump start on that as well.

QOTD: Well after reading all of ya'lls responses I feel like an @$$, but I'm nothing if not honest so I'm not going to change my answer. I would open a board game café. It would totally be a for-profit venture, but I LOVE playing, talking about, teaching, and learning board games. Maybe I could host free nights for the boys and girls club or something. That would make it more philanthropic.

Menu:

B: Coffee w/ premier protein and sf cinnamon dolce syrup and a sausage roll from QT. (Confession: this has a ton of carbs, but I decided I REALLY wanted it anyway. I read recently that the most important thing with these diets is to own your choices and move on so this is me owning that I had a sausage roll even though it is off my plan, but I am not going to let it affect the rest of my decisions)

L: Either an egg and chorizo sandwich w/ the bread removed from starbucks or a Johnsonville southwest grilled chicken breast

S: whichever I didn't eat at lunch and a carbmaster cinnamon roll yogurt

D: The girls will want either pizza or mac and cheese w/ ham 'cause that's what they always ask for when my wife is having a night out, so I will probably just do some ham and cheese rollups and a salad

HW: 332

SW: TBD

CW: 306.7

GW: 175

MFP Username: Jakosaurus82

pammieanne
on 5/19/17 9:20 am - OK
RNY on 05/16/16

I would imagine that a board game cafe would do a great business in Austin, TX....

I think all cool hip places should be in Austin...

I should be in Austin... Even if I'm old, I still feel cool and hip

Height 5'5" HW 260 SW 251 CW 141.6 (2/27/18)

RNY 5-16-16 Pre-Op 9lbs, M1-18.5lbs, M2-18.1lbs, M3-14.8lbs, M4-10.4lbs, M5-9.2lbs, M6-7lbs, M7-6.2lbs, M8-8.8lbs,M9-7.8lbs, M10-1 lb, M11-.6lbs, M12-4.4lbs

Jakosaurus
on 5/19/17 9:53 am, edited 5/19/17 2:53 am
VSG on 08/07/17

Austin would be PERFECT for this. I am hoping to move to Orlando some day and I think it would do well there as well. Maybe one day sigh

ETA: You're never too old to keep it weird!

HW: 332

SW: TBD

CW: 306.7

GW: 175

MFP Username: Jakosaurus82

Pokemom
on 5/19/17 9:54 am
RNY on 12/29/14

I love the idea of a board game cafe. Sounds like I should ask you for game recommendations.

Most Active
Recent Topics