What's on your Menu today (Photo Friday) RNYers?

Theduffman27
on 6/16/17 12:08 pm
VSG on 11/19/14

Look great Pam - enjoy your vacation!

matchison
on 6/16/17 7:59 am - CYPRESS, TX

Hello Menu Crew and Happy Friday to ALL!

We have big plans this weekend...we have been wanting a pontoon boat since we moved to a man-made boat-able lake almost 2 years ago. Well the Boat Show is in Houston this weekend...so the time has come! Wish me luck on my negotiating skills!

Accountability: I did really well last night. I did change my evening snack from popsicles to jello and eliminated 8 carbs! So my original/actual totals are: Cal- 781/761; Protein- 91/93; Carbs- 34/28

5 Months Post-Op RNY

B: Coffee w/Cafe Bella Coffee
S: Coffee w/ CoffeeMate,
L: Turkey Cup, Broccoli
D: Baked Chicken, Broccoli
S: Sugar Free Jello

Totals: Cal-574, Protein-86, Carbs-34

HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND!

Height 5'5" Sleeve Nov 2011 HW 250 SW 241 Total Lost 70.0 lbs

Convert to RNY January 10, 2017 HW 260 SW 250 CW 178.4 GW 150

Kathy1212
on 6/16/17 8:00 am

Happy Friday, everyone,

Daisy, happy birthday! Mine is on Monday :-).

I don't know what we're doing for Father's Day/my birthday yet; we usually combine the two and celebrate together. Tomorrow I'm meeting a friend who is sad because she had to put her dear old dog down yesterday. She was elderly and ill and it was time, but it's still so hard to lose a furbaby. We're going to go for a walk along the boardwalk, as she doesn't want to walk alone without her dog for the first time.

I've been getting in loads of exercise and am torn today between swimming laps or bike riding; I'll decide later.

Breakfast: Decaff coffee with 80 ml premier protein as whitener, times 2.

Lunch: Cabbage roll.

Supper: Steak or shrimp.

Snacks: beef jerky, strawberries.

I am loving beef jerky; has anyone made it before? I've been watching loads of jerky recipes on youtube and half make it in the oven and half use a dehydrator. I'm wondering if I should get one or try the oven method first.

This photo is from a 21.5 km bike ride I did earlier this week. I've done 80 km so far for the month of June, and 111 km for the month of May. I alternate between riding, walking, and swimming daily, but riding and swimming are my two favourites. The heater at the pool is broken though, and the water was super cold the other day so I'm leaning more toward bike riding today, lol.

Pre-Op Visit: Jan. 10, 2017, weight 304, surgeon: Dr. David Lindsay, St. Joe's, Toronto

1st Day of (3 weeks worth of) Optifast: Jan. 11, 2017

Surgery Date: Feb. 1st, 2017

Kathy  

RNY_elizabeth
on 6/16/17 8:25 am - TX
RNY on 10/06/15

Your bike is adorable by the by. Way to go on exercising!

Consultation weight: 265, Surgery date: 10/6/15, Goal: 150, Current weight: 129; 5'5, 46 years old

"I am basically food's creepy ex-girlfriend. I know we can't be together anymore but I just want to spend time hanging out" ~me, about why I love cooking so much post WLS

Emiepie
on 6/16/17 8:45 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Happy early birthday!!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

SisterWithit
on 6/16/17 9:55 am - St. Catharines, ON, Canada

Happy Friday!
Kathy, your bike is so super cute that I almost missed the awesome scenery you're peddling in - you lucky Duck, you! Wow, what a view!!

I've been getting toned (Lol...from my mouth to God's ear!) using resistance bands, light weights, and various Youtube videos - and I'll go at it again today... :)
Not been swimming in weeks since I can bike every single day now - I've got appointments all around town, a grocery store run, too (Oh! Scored a really adorable bike trailer online -best of all it holds 200kg!) - I should end up biking for 2-3 hrs...(Lol...not had any luck finding a reliable app to measure my cycling distance - any suggestions?) :)

Have a great (Great!) day!

"If you don't learn to identify your feelings, flesh out your underlying needs, and develop healthy strategies to meet those needs, you may reflexively resort back to meeting your needs through addictive or compulsive behaviors."

Kathy1212
on 6/16/17 12:02 pm, edited 6/16/17 5:02 am

Thank you; I love my bike, and am blessed to have such pretty scenery here in town. We have a nice bike trail that is about 8 blocks away from my house, so I only have to ride on the streets for a bit before I can hop on the dedicated bike path, which is nice. There are a few portions of the trail further out that go on the road but I usually stick to the portions that are separate bike trails, or at least separate lanes on the road. I haven't gotten daring enough to do the whole circuit because it goes through some busy streets.

Great score on the bike trailer; let me know how you like it. I bought some panniers but usually stick with my big basket on the back as it holds enough for day jaunts. I usually bring a cooler bag, a book, and a picnic blanket with me.

I want to do an overnight bike ride with camping but the cost of the supplies needed is crazy so I may just do an overnight with motel stay this year. Then after my weight is gone next year, I'd love to do a 3 or 4 day ride, and eventually build up to a longer bike tour. Not sure if it can be done on a big heavy bike like my Townie Electra, but I"m going to try, lol. My best friend lives about 180 km away, and most of the route to her house would be on the Mackinac Trail, an old highway now used as a bike route, so next year I'd like to try to ride from my house to her house. I'd need to camp along the way though, and it would take me FOREVER to go that far, lol. Real cyclists can do 180 km in a day; it would probably take me a week, lol.

I use map my ride, and find it's usually pretty reliable, although once or twice it has put my stopping distance half way, and I have no idea why. I'd love to have one of those bike computers that shows navigation, mileage, etc., but I have no need for it yet because I've lived in town all my life and know where I"m going. They're still cool though.

Have a great day too!

Pre-Op Visit: Jan. 10, 2017, weight 304, surgeon: Dr. David Lindsay, St. Joe's, Toronto

1st Day of (3 weeks worth of) Optifast: Jan. 11, 2017

Surgery Date: Feb. 1st, 2017

Kathy  

Kakesie
on 6/16/17 1:59 pm
RNY on 02/19/16

Happy, Happy Birthday on Monday!

conazza
on 6/16/17 8:12 am
RNY on 09/23/16

Hello Everyone,

Happy early Birthday Daisey! I hope you celebrate you. Happy Friday! This weekend I'll have both kids home so I hope I'll get a lot of kid time in and we will celebrate fathers day on Sunday. Three more days of school left! Woohoo!

B: decaf coffee and protein hot chocolate

S: tuna and string cheese

L: Ham and cheese on lettuce with light dressing

D: Sirloin Steak, broccoli

Calories 771, Protein 105, Carbs 20, Fat 35

Lap band: 2006. Revision to RNY 9/23/2016

8/2/17: Goal Reached: 135lbs. & 115lbs lost (5'3")

Pre-op: 250, SW 242, CW 125, GW 135

Pre-op: 9lb M1: 20lb M2: 11.5lb M3: 11.9 M4: 13.4 M5: 10.8 M6: 10.2 M7: 8.1 M8: 8.4 M9: 6.5 M10: 5.7 M11: 3.5 M12: 4.3

Amy Liz
on 6/16/17 8:14 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Good Morning all! I took today off from work because I have my 6 month appt this morning with what I thought was the doctor or NP, but I found out its with the NUT? Anyway, I'm looking forward to my lab results. I also have a million things to take care of for my mom and dad, 100 phone calls, final business, current business and on going financial...it seems like it never ends. One thing gets taken care of and five more pop up. My dad is having some adjustment issues to his new home. While I know this is normal, I'm having a hard time seeing him struggle in his confusion and he is getting more and more paranoid. His filter is gone so he says whatever is on his mind and it can be pretty sharp, which is not like him at all. Dementia is horrible and so heart wrenching.

Accountability: I did really well yesterday. I ended up having rotisserie chicken for dinner instead of kielbasa and shrimp which lowered my calories for the day. I was down a pound this morning, so I'm back to my signature weight.

6+months post op = 206 today

b-coffee w/heavy cream and splenda - Maybe Starbucks latte and egg bites after NUT appt

l-rotisserie chicken

d-leftovers - time to clean out the fridge

v/l started

e 60 min lap swim after Dr appt

Have a great day all!

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 176 GW 175

Most Active
Recent Topics