What's on your Wednesday Menu RNyers?

Teena D.
on 9/13/17 3:20 am, edited 9/13/17 6:17 am - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 01/12/17

Good Morning and Happy Wednesday - I'm working from home e today and want to get an early start so thought I'd get us started.

QOTD: What do you do to celebrate your birthday? Mine is coming up on Monday and hubby mentioned cake. I don't want cake but we will probably have one for him, the kids and my parents. If I was in maintenance maybe I'd have a small piece but since I'm not, I don't want any. I am weird in that I don't really like chocolate cake so I will tell him to get chocolate lol. We will go out for steak and I am looking looking forward to it. I also need to get some Fall clothes. Oh and my son is getting me the Aria scale. I'm very excited about that.

Menu:

B: Protein Shake

L: Kelly's egg salad

D: Meatballs

S: Skyr Yogurt and blueberries

Had an awesome NSV yesterday- I bought size 12 jeans! And they fit!

*Edited to remove typos and auto correct mistakes- they were driving me nuts! lol :)

RNY Jan 12, 2017 Lost 137 lbs but regained 60.

77 lbs lost and counting!

Losing the regain! I got this!

Librarian67
on 9/13/17 3:39 am
RNY on 02/28/17

Good morning Teena and menu folks! It is a rainy morning here but not too cool. I had hoped to get in a walk at some point today, but I'm not sure whether that will happen now. I might have to hit the treadmill this afternoon.

QOTD: I was only 1 month post-op for my birthday this year, so I didn't do much in the way of celebration even though it was a big one. I had a candle stuck in Jello for my "cake" since I was still eating soft foods and didn't want cake. This coming year I might do something more exciting, although I doubt that it will still include sweets. Maybe fruit or something.

Menu:

Breakfast: hard boiled egg, turkey sausage

Snack: Cappuccino protein shake

Lunch: ? we have a work party, so I will pick out some protein forward tidbits if I can

Snack: ?

Dinner: chicken breast, cauliflower

Exercise: 60 minutes on the treadmill

HW: 248+, SW (RNY: 2/28/17): 244, GW (10/17): 125; LW: 115; 45# regain (19-20); CW: 135.6; new goal: 135; Plastics: Ext mastopexy, Ext abdominoplasty-5/18/2018; diagnosed w/ gastroparesis 11/20.

Queen JB
on 9/13/17 3:41 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Congrats on the Aria scale I love mine. I can go back and see exactly how much I weighed on any given day. It really helps keep me accountable. And happy almost Birthday.

QOTD: My birthday is in August so I usually take the day off and go on a day trip somewhere cute.

Accountability: yay me!

2 years post op

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

SkinnyScientist
on 9/13/17 3:46 am

Love the pic! Good work

QOTD: You are a september baby like me! End of year here at the government typically ruins my september birthday. I now celebrate in october after quotas/production go in.

This year, I may rent a cabin for a day or two in the shenandoh (where there is no cell phone service) and go hiking and just do sewing and adult coloring books. No cat, no phone, no cars, no trains...just me and the wind and the bears. Maybe I will do a korean spa, but they typically have other people there and I am feeling kind of anti-social lately.

B1: expresso with 1/4 cup half and half. Also 1 tsp black seed oil (supposed to be good for constipation, stress, and blood sugar levels and generalized "inflammation". Basically it is an oil that is supposed to be a cure all for everything, I don't believe it but will try anything once, and it tastes the way motor oil smells...) and 1 can of V8

B2: 1/2 cup cottage cheese and 0.25 cups baked beans.

L1: 2 bbq ribs and 1/2 cucumber and 3 tbsps tzaki.

D: Pork tenderloin + savory squash bake.

E: it is end of year and I have had annual meetings for fraternal societies and my condo board. No fitness classes cuz I dont have the time. Just trying to walk for 30 minutes for lunch and just striving for 12K steps per day. I get up every hour and walk 250+ steps or go up and down 6 flights of stairs.

RNY Surgery: 12/31/2013; 

Current weight (2/27/2015) 139lbs, ~14% body fat

Three pounds below Goal!!! Yay !  

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 9/13/17 3:51 am, edited 9/12/17 8:51 pm - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Good morning! You are looking great and inspiring everyone! I'm a little discouraged with myself as I did not follow my eating "rules" over the last week so am at the top of my range. I may try CAMAW for a few days to get back down.

QOTD: I didn't celebrate my birthday for many years because DD had a crisis day when dying on my birthday and the memories aren't good (12.5 years ago). But this past year I actually decided it was time to celebrate. I told DH, but due to his Alzheimer's, he forgot (LOL). My 2 SILs do celebrate with me somehow every year though. For my 60th and their 65th birthdays, we went to a resort in Cancun for a week.

17.5 months post-op (in maintenance, but need to buckle down). 59 or fewer work days until retirement.

B: eggbeaters and cottage cheese

L: deli turkey

D: grilled chicken (or shrimp)

S: yogurt and lots of coffee with vanilla protein shake

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Meggles07
on 9/13/17 3:56 am, edited 9/13/17 12:13 am - Canada

Good morning :)

Day two at the new job went well. I had a big meeting to prep and attend, but thankfully I didn't have to run it. It started getting out of hand and part of me wanted to jump in and tell people to stay on topic lol. Both my supervisor and [get his - edit I have no idea what this was supposed to say... her boss?] made offhand comments about hoping I can stay longer than my current contract term, so that's promising.

QOTD: I love birthdays. Pre-op that would have meant going out for lunch probably everyday for a week with different people and eating a ton of cake. My last two birthdays we have been away so we've just gone out for dinner.

Accountability: I need to get over throwing out food that isn't the best choice for me, especially when DH cooks it and there are leftovers wasting away in the fridge. I ate oatmeal last night with some Greek yogurt. I didn't need it and it wasn't on my plan.

Breakfast - protein shake

Snack - egg, yogurt

Snack - turkey pepperoni

Snack - turkey sausage

Snack - cheese stick

Dinner - chicken

Snack - protein shake if needed

All water and vits.

supershopper
on 9/13/17 8:16 am

i have a leftover food issue and don't like throwing anything away. Luckily almost everything goes to the chickens. :)

HW 305 SW 278 Surgery weight 225 GW 160 LW: 118.8

RNY 12/15/2015,

GB removal 09/2016,

Twisted bowel/hernia repair 08/2017

M1 Dec 2015-13.0, M2-7.0, M3-14.5, M4-9.4, M5-7.1, M6 9.8, M7-7.6 ,M8- 7.6, M-9 5.5, M10-6.4, M11- 2.2, M12 Dec 2016- 5.8

Meggles07
on 9/13/17 10:36 am - Canada

I would love to have chickens -- both for eating my leftovers and for the eggs... DH keeps telling me that they wouldn't be pets, but I know they would have names and be mine. We can't have chickens in the city but we both want to move somewhere more rural once we are more settled.

supershopper
on 9/13/17 10:41 am

Ours have names: Goldie Hen, summer, autumn, ginger, big momma speckles, Dominique, esther, poopy butt (when she was little she used to get poop on her butt all the time). We still need to name 4 more.. working on it...

John keeps threatening to get more when we have more land.

HW 305 SW 278 Surgery weight 225 GW 160 LW: 118.8

RNY 12/15/2015,

GB removal 09/2016,

Twisted bowel/hernia repair 08/2017

M1 Dec 2015-13.0, M2-7.0, M3-14.5, M4-9.4, M5-7.1, M6 9.8, M7-7.6 ,M8- 7.6, M-9 5.5, M10-6.4, M11- 2.2, M12 Dec 2016- 5.8

Au_Contraire
on 9/13/17 4:10 am

Thanks Teena for starting the menu thread this morning! And Happy Upcoming Birthday to you!

I am struggling a little with my physical energy and stamina, and exercise is not what it should be. I am working on that. I want to feel very strong and very vital! I have so little interest in food that some days I barely eat, don't always have all of the meals I plan to have, and consequently, protein goals aren't always met. This may have something to do with my feeling easily pooped. I plan and eat protein forward, with very low carbs, but I am so disinterested in food that it's easy to forget to have enough. So for now I'm going to start having 2 shakes a day, as I think that will help me, and hopefully I will have more pep and stamina, too.

For my birthday I usually am sweetly (and sometimes lavishly) feted by my family and loved ones. Sometimes we go out for dinner, and sometimes I am treated to a wonderful home cooked birthday meal. My grown son remembers to send a cute card and to call, which always makes me happy. Cake has always been part of the event, but it definitely won't be this year. I do want one of those birthday magic wishing candles, though!

First: orange spice black tea with vanilla protein powder

B: 2 oz. Ham/cheddar

L: 2 Oz. refried beans/cheddar

D: same as breakfast

Snacks: 2 mugs of tea, each with 1/2 serving of vanilla protein powder

Have fun today, everybody!