What's on your Wednesday Menu RNyers?

Amy Liz
on 9/13/17 8:55 am
RNY on 11/21/16

I need more jello in my life, it was so good! I'm going to have to stock up.

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 176 GW 175

Kathy1212
on 9/13/17 8:33 am

Happy birthday, Amy! Your celebrations sound amazing. Now I'm craving jello with whipped cream, lol. Yum.

Pre-Op Visit: Jan. 10, 2017, weight 304, surgeon: Dr. David Lindsay, St. Joe's, Toronto

1st Day of (3 weeks worth of) Optifast: Jan. 11, 2017

Surgery Date: Feb. 1st, 2017

Kathy  

Amy Liz
on 9/13/17 9:01 am
RNY on 11/21/16

I just ate another bowl....omg so good!

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 176 GW 175

Writergurl08
on 9/13/17 7:58 am
RNY on 02/15/18

Good morning everyone! Great pic, Teena! You look fantastic!

qotd: We usually go out for dinner with family, this year I shared a plate with DH. We got steak, a side salad, and steamed veggies. A year ago, we would have ordered a whole cake to eat at home. We don't mind going out now, we can be accountability buddies to make sure we make good choices since we're sharing, and the focus just shifts to the people we're with, rather than the food we eat. Now I'm not saying I'll never have cake again because that's unrealistic, but maybe once we're both in maintenance we'll just have a cupcake instead of ordering a whole cake ;)

breakfast: 3 oz deli turkey and 3 slices ultra thin Swiss

snack: I'm working my way through a syntrax sample pack, so I have Caribbean Cooler with me. I had the grapefruit yesterday and it was my favorite so far.

Lunch: 3 oz fajita chicken with peppers, 1/4 C fat free refried black beans, a tablespoon each of sour cream, shredded cheese, and homemade salsa

dinner: hamburger patty with cheese and a strip of bacon

HW: 340 SW: 329 Goal: 170

CW: 243

Surgeon: Dr. Kalyana Nandipati (Omaha, NE)

catwoman7
on 9/13/17 11:07 am
RNY on 06/03/15

I love the grapefruit Syntrax. I mix it with Crystal Light lemonade - tastes a lot like Fresca!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Writergurl08
on 9/13/17 1:00 pm
RNY on 02/15/18

Ohh interesting. I've toyed with the idea of seeing if I would like unflavored protein mixed in with crystal light/Mio to kind of make my own protein flavors.

I don't care for this Caribbean Cooler one, but I normally do like pina colada type flavors.

HW: 340 SW: 329 Goal: 170

CW: 243

Surgeon: Dr. Kalyana Nandipati (Omaha, NE)

peachpie
on 9/13/17 8:17 am - Philadelphia, PA
RNY on 04/28/15

Hi everyone!! I'm back at work today- feeling congested still, but overall better.

Accountability- I did awesome yesterday- especially for being home alone. Within calories and carb range.. a definite win!

QOTD: What we do on birthdays vary, especially is its a milestone b-day. I'll have cake on my b-day, in reality cake *on* my birthday wasn't what got me to be SMO. Cake for the million and one other 'celebrations' did. But now I'll just buy a slice, or a cupcake. No need to tempt fate with a whole cake. Now I try and do something other than just eat. One year it was canoeing with my kids, this year its was a play with my sisters. It just depends.

2.4 years out, 198 today

M1: 2 scrambled eggs, 4 turkey sausage link

M2: Protein bar/banana

M3: 5 oz turkey meatloaf

M4: Balsamic Mushroom Chicken Breast

5'6.5" High weight:337 Lowest weight:193/31 BMI: Goal: 195-205/31-32 BMI

Kathy1212
on 9/13/17 8:47 am

Good morning menu friends!

Teena, you look amazing! Happy upcoming birthday.

QOTD: In my family, the birthday girl or guy gets to choose a restaurant and we all go to dinner. This year I chose Swiss Chalet because they post their menu and calories, etc., online and I was able to choose a meal that fit in my plan (quarter chicken with salad). Normally my Mom makes me a decadent chocolate cake but this year I asked for a watermelon cake. She didn't feel up to the challenge so i made it myself...basically I just cut a small seedless watermelon into a cake shape, iced it with SF coolwhip, and decorated it with berries. It was a big hit; everyone loved it, so that will be my birthday cake from now on.

I've been sick for over 2 weeks now, with a cold or flu or something that triggered my asthma, and 3 days ago my tummy decided to join in on the fun and food has been making me feel sick, so my calories and protein levels were too low for a few days. Yesterday I added a protein shake to get my protein up to level, which brought my calories up to 574. The day before I was only able to manage 350 calories.

My doctor prescribed antibiotics and if they don't work, I have to take prednisone. I'm still waiting for the results of my chest Xray.

I've been going stir crazy for the past 2 weeks and really miss my bike rides, walking, and swimming. Yesterday I walked for about 2 hours in the Walmart, waiting for my prescriptions. I felt fine until I went to check out, and then I got super dizzy and almost passed out. The cashier said I went completely pale. I had to lean on the counter until it passed. Then when I got home climbing the stairs made me dizzy again. I got into bed and it took half an hour for the feeling to pass. I sure will be happy when this illness is gone.

This is my plan for the day and hopefully I'll be able to stick to it.

Breakfast: 2 decaf with 1/4 cup premier protein in each. Then after that's done, 1/2 cup Greek yogurt with 1/4 cup strawberries.

Lunch: Chicken soup broth (home made), cheese string.

Supper: tuna salad

Snack: Pepperette, herbal tea with premier protein

Pre-Op Visit: Jan. 10, 2017, weight 304, surgeon: Dr. David Lindsay, St. Joe's, Toronto

1st Day of (3 weeks worth of) Optifast: Jan. 11, 2017

Surgery Date: Feb. 1st, 2017

Kathy  

Mandi87
on 9/13/17 8:53 am
RNY on 12/08/16

Hope you feel better soon!

Rosemi
on 9/13/17 8:56 am

Hope you feel better soon