What's on your Saturday menu RNYers?

Librarian67
on 6/23/18 11:00 am
RNY on 02/28/17

Sorry for the travel delay. Let us know how your son is doing.

Feeling good in our new bodies is hard! Keep at it! You are loved just as you are.

HW: 248+, SW (RNY: 2/28/17): 244, GW (10/17): 125; LW: 115; 45# regain (19-20); CW: 135.6; new goal: 135; Plastics: Ext mastopexy, Ext abdominoplasty-5/18/2018; diagnosed w/ gastroparesis 11/20.

Au_Contraire
on 6/23/18 1:44 pm

Semper Gumby! Very funny! Sorry that your schedule got scrambled, but I'm so glad you will see your son today!

I know what you mean about body image struggles, I'm struggling with this too. You are gorgeous Amy!

Kakesie
on 6/23/18 7:33 am
RNY on 02/19/16

Good Morning Erin and Menu family!

QOTD: I'm proud of my improved health. Before surgery I was told that if I that if I didn't lose weight I'd be in total liver failure in 5 - 10 years. That's what my dad, (who was MO), died of. That's why I got the surgery. I'm so happy to say that my liver enzymes are back to normal now! My blood pressure is better and I'm no longer diabetic. My arthritic joints no longer hurt and I'm just in so much better shape physically.

Accountability: Yesterday: Protein - 105, Calories - 1,380, Carbs - 166.

B: prosciutto & mozzarella sticks, light & fit Greek yogurt

L: ham & cheese on 45 calorie bread, light & fit Greek yogurt

D: Healthy Choice turkey meal, light & fit Greek yogurt

S: prosciutto & mozzarella sticks, light & fit Greek yogurt, frozen yogurt

E: walking Blossom

Have a GREAT day everyone!

~ Karen

Rosemi
on 6/23/18 8:28 am

Soon happy for you...you know you and your wls gave you back the joy you find around horses... just thinking about the mechanics of getting on and off a horse while being plagued with arthritic joints (let alone walking after) sounds pretty awful....if at all possible! So good for you....

Kakesie
on 6/23/18 8:33 am
RNY on 02/19/16

Thank you so much, Rosemi! Yes, riding horses is one thing I love now and before I would've squished the poor horse if I had even been able to climb on it! LOL!

Au_Contraire
on 6/23/18 1:46 pm

You have done so beautifully! What an awesome accomplishment, to have won back your good health!

Kakesie
on 6/23/18 1:54 pm
RNY on 02/19/16

Thank you very much, Cara!

catwoman7
on 6/23/18 8:31 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

I had yoga class early this morning and am now in the cafe (inside the studio) drinking coffee. Ah - this is the life. I was hoping to meet up with my mother and sister this morning for coffee, but they both said tomorrow is better for them. Not for me, but I'll squeeze them in. Nothing on the agenda for today (and DH is still out of town), other than dinner with a friend tonight. I guess I'll go over to the farmer's market and then...???? Maybe read?? I'm sort of in the mood to do something, though...

QOTD: I guess I'm most proud of the fact that I lost all of my excess weight and have been able to maintain it (even given a 10-pound bounce back - but I'm still at a normal BMI) for the last 18 months, even though statistics were against me (only about 10% of people who start out SMO make it to normal weight, from what I understand). I know I'll need to really work at keeping where I am for the rest of my life, but if I continue to weigh, measure, and track my food - and come here every day - I think it'll be possible. Hard, but possible.

3 years out:

B: homemade Greek yogurt, homemade cherry/cranberry sauce

MS: coffee with half & half, Miralax/protein vanilla latte shake

L: grilled chicken breast, vegetables

MS: maybe a tablespoon or two of peanut butter on celery sticks so I don't maw at dinner (the fat is very filling!)

D: we're either going to a Thai or a vegetarian restaurant. I'll do protein-forward either way - with veggies. No rice or other white carbs.

ex: yoga

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Au_Contraire
on 6/23/18 2:21 pm

Your accomplishment is wonderful! I hadn't read that 10% statistic, but I believe it. The majority of people who I know had WLS are still at least somewhat heavy long past their active losing period. In fact, seeing my friend and neighbor stall at a hight BMI after having her gastric sleeve surgery was what tipped my decision away from the sleeve and towards RnY. I really wanted to achieve normalcy, slenderness, and improved health, and I really didn't want to go through surgery only didn't to stall or give up prior to that. I felt my best shot at that was via gastric bypass. That being said, I know there are sleeved people who achieve their goals! Things are still comparatively easy for me at 12 months out but I know that more challenging times will come. I agree with everything you wrote: weighing and tracking every bite, weighing myself every day (this is important for me), and coming here are all going to be critical factors in my long term success. I know I could blow it and lose all that I have achieved! But I will not do so. You're an inspiration to me!

catwoman7
on 6/23/18 2:34 pm
RNY on 06/03/15

I don't remember where I saw that statistic - some study I came across. I mentioned it to someone at my surgeon's office, and they said they didn't know the exact statistic, but that sounded about right..

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Most Active
Recent Topics