What's on your Saturday menu RNYers?

Au_Contraire
on 6/23/18 2:29 pm

45 pounds down, plus 30 minutes of walking most days is fantastic progress! Go you!

Just4me7
on 6/23/18 8:40 pm

Thanks!

Pamela

Surgery 05-08-18 hw 317, consult wt 278, surgery weight 252. M1 -20, M2-5, M3-8, M4-6

Au_Contraire
on 6/23/18 2:39 pm

Wow, IF! Congratulations on joining a running clinic/group! That's incredible! I agree - for me just a year ago, walking for any distance at all required a Herculean effort, with many absolutely necessary breaks in between. Airports in particular were humiliating and so painful! I thank God and my surgeon that things are so different now. Though I don't run, I admire those who do!

First: tea tea tea!

B: ham and smoked gouda

L: shrimp

D: king salmon and probably whatever non-starchy vegetable they will serve tonight at the dinner I'm attending.

Have a great Saturday, my friends!

sk8rt
on 6/23/18 4:56 pm

Happy Weekend everyone! I was out all day yesterday and the day before I graduated to soft foods or normal foods within reason.

QOTD: hmmm, I think my current goal is to get better at the eating and drinking as it still isn't natural. Overall goal is to be a healthy weight and reduce medication. NSV: I fit into clothing from 7 years ago! NSV goal: to walk the tongariro crossing, the Kepler and Milford tracks, and maybe finish the Able Tasman walk.

For our Saturday we were in Dunedin which is 1.5 hours south of where we live. Dunedin is home to Otago University, many nice kitchen/bathroom home remodeling shops (reason why we were there), and loads of restaurants... It is also the home of the stadium where our national rugby team, the All Blacks were playing France... Doh!

it was a definite adventure especially foodwise. I did manage to find food to eat that was appropriate. I didn't want to chance a burger or something that may not work. So we settled on Chinese food at a very accommodating restaurant. For me they did MaPo Tofu with beef not too spicy or greasy and made GF food for hubby. I am pleased it went down without issue and we will definitely go back.

Menu from Saturday:

B: scrambled egg

L: mapo dofu

D: mapo dofu

no snacks...

fluids were not up to scratch as I only got 1.5 litres in Vitamins and meds were on point.

exercise: we park in one spot and walk everywhere when we are in town, so several hours of walking

Have fun,

mathea

Height: 180 cm

HW: 131kg SW: 114.4 kg CW: 77.6kg

Librarian67
on 6/23/18 5:32 pm
RNY on 02/28/17

So glad that the restaurant was able to work with you!

HW: 248+, SW (RNY: 2/28/17): 244, GW (10/17): 125; LW: 115; 45# regain (19-20); CW: 135.6; new goal: 135; Plastics: Ext mastopexy, Ext abdominoplasty-5/18/2018; diagnosed w/ gastroparesis 11/20.