What's on your Saturday menu RNYers?

Au_Contraire
on 6/23/18 1:34 pm

That is absolutely awesome progress! Congratulations, Janet!

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 6/24/18 7:55 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Yeah, I never had a flat tummy since at least 16. I did wear a bikini last summer, but always kept the scars covered with silicone tape (and they were under my bathing suit). Do you have a midline scar?

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Librarian67
on 6/24/18 1:13 pm
RNY on 02/28/17

I had an open RNY incision that was about 4 inches long. The surgeon didn't do a very good job with it. It was slanted and to the right plus the scar wasn't pretty. I had discussed with the PS whether or not he could do anything with it and he wasn't sure. During surgery he found that to put the new belly button in, he had to cut the entire RNY scar out because of the way it healed. The new BB and incision is healing beautifully and will be much nicer even though it will still show a bit when I wear a 2-piece.

HW: 248+, SW (RNY: 2/28/17): 244, GW (10/17): 125; LW: 115; 45# regain (19-20); CW: 135.6; new goal: 135; Plastics: Ext mastopexy, Ext abdominoplasty-5/18/2018; diagnosed w/ gastroparesis 11/20.

yvonnef1964
on 6/23/18 5:41 am
VSG on 08/11/14

Good morning,

The day I could sleep in, I woke up before 5 am. I feel refresh though.

I got my first paycheck yesterday. It was more than I expected. I didn't think it was until next Friday so it was a surprise. We get paid on or near the 10 th and 25th of the month.

Last night I ate dinner at church, chicken Alfredo pasta dish, green beans and piece of garlic bread. Did have a protein bar last night!

Today I'm going with my childhood friend and her 2 grandkids to her company picnic. From what she said, it sounds fun. She said they usually serve chicken and hotdogs.

Qotd I'm proud that I can walk for quite awhile and be on my feet for 5 hours without many sit down breaks.

B ham and cheese omelette, string cheese and pork and beans

L hopefully chicken

D depends where I am at plus what I eat at the picnic.

Have a good day

Au_Contraire
on 6/23/18 1:37 pm

I'm so glad that your new job is working out well! Congratulations on making such good changes in your life!

karenp8
on 6/23/18 6:04 am - Brighton, IL

Good morning menu friends! Lily and I have 2.5 miles in--about as far as we can go here in this campground but will walk more before we head out about 11 and will do another couple miles tonight after we get the camper set up in Quincy. At 11 we head out to drive the 10 or so miles to Chaddock Children's Home in Quincy,Illinois where we'll work for 3 weeks. QOTD too many nsvs to list them all but here's a few:able to walk as far and as fast as I want with zero joint pain so I no longer hold my family back from activities,no meds for cholesterol and only 1 low dose bp pill,being able to climb ladders easily and stretch and bend as needed to do repair work and painting on these work trips and automatically getting up and walking every single morning. I don't even think about whether I want to--I just DO it. I had made the new habits that will keep me succeeding in this daily struggle against obesity. Obesity won for 52 years but for the last six I've taken back control of my health. I will weigh and measure and move and do WHATEVER it takes to win this war. Post op 5 years 9.75 months and weight at 119 today. Accountability good even though I drooled all over the bread pudding and pecan pie in the bakery yesterday--none of it crossed my lips. Food for today B 1/2 c steel cut oats with protein and peanut butter L 4 oz deli turkey and cheese 1/2 c lettuce with raspberry vinegarette dressing S sm apple with 1 T peanut butter. Have a great day all and make some smart choices. Time for coffee!

Librarian67
on 6/23/18 6:33 am
RNY on 02/28/17

Karen, you are truly amazing!

HW: 248+, SW (RNY: 2/28/17): 244, GW (10/17): 125; LW: 115; 45# regain (19-20); CW: 135.6; new goal: 135; Plastics: Ext mastopexy, Ext abdominoplasty-5/18/2018; diagnosed w/ gastroparesis 11/20.

karenp8
on 6/23/18 6:39 am - Brighton, IL

Not sure about amazing as I still fight the urge to snack every day and often get tired of following the rules. My choice word would be determined. Life is so much better this way that I must do whatever it takes to stay healthy. Before and after pic just because. Before 274 and after 119.

Au_Contraire
on 6/23/18 1:40 pm

" I will weigh and measure and move and do WHATEVER it takes to win this war "

Hear hear! Count me in! Karen, you truly are an inspiration!

Amy Liz
on 6/23/18 6:44 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Good morning everyone~ I was supposed to leave by now to go see my son, but the MRI for his femur was rescheduled for today so he won't be available/off until around 3. So, I will be leaving later to make the 4/5 hour trip. The Marine Corps motto is Semper Fidelis -always faithful, but also Semper Gumby for always flexible, ugh!

QOTD - My issues lately are body image related and I'm proud that I am finally comfortable and confident in shorts and shorter summer dresses!! I'm working VERY hard on becoming less self conscious in this new body. At 300 pounds, I had actually gotten to the point of not caring what people thought and wearing what I wanted including a bathing suit without a thought. This body has taken some getting used to and while in clothes I'm very happy with it, a bathing suit is a different story that is still taking some getting used to. I could wear a short wet suit coverage style, but I don't want that. I need to learn to accept myself as I am - I did it before, I know I can do it again. I want so badly to be back in the pool carefree. I feel closer than yesterday by far, but still have a ways to go and more than ever, I know I will get there!

Accountability - great - 163.4

coffee x2 or 4, scrambled eggs

l-in and out burger protein style

d-where ever my kiddo wants to go for dinner! But protein forward for me

V/l on track

e-whatever walking I can get in

fHavea wonnderful day and weekend!!!

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 176 GW 175

Most Active
Recent Topics