Stalls are WEIRD (SV and NSV)

mareacuda
on 5/14/11 4:11 am - Las Vegas, NV
 So I have been stalled for WEEKS now (hovering between 260 and 258) 

Yesterday I decided to try something a little different. I ate peaches in the morning (about 1/4 of a cup) which I have never done as I try to stick very low carb. 

Then we went to Hofbrauhaus for dinner last night (great German place here in Vegas if you have never been) and I ate 3-4 bites of their awesome soft pretzel. I had planned ahead (in terms of my protein and stuff for the day) and decided to eat a bit of it ahead of time. It was very worth the baby splurge :) LOL 

I will say that before, I would have devoured at least 1/2 of the pretzel (it's bigger than my head...) and the cheese they give you with it. PLUS a full dinner to myself... and maybe dessert. Oh, and at LEAST 2 liters of their seasonal beer. 

Well, to get to the point.... today... -3 lbs. 

Seriously. 

Must have been all the calories I burned dancing on the benches belting out "Sweet Caroline" with the band they have playing!  I am saying it.... I ******G LOVE MY SLEEVE!
LilySlim Weight loss tickers
BriarRose
on 5/14/11 4:23 am
I have to agree, that I totally do not get it. Oh, I understand the whole glycogin, thing, and the body needing to catch up with the weight loss, and all the other stuff....but I never truly understand WHY one day differs so much from the others when my diet stays the same calorically for the most part.

All I can go on, is that in the past 4 months, I eat protein first, then vegies, some fruit, and stay away from carbs except in very small amounts. I eat an occasional treat of a bite or two of chocolate, and that's it. I lose weight some days, most days; until I stall, and then the stall stays in place for a week or two or three, then just as haphazard as it came, it's gone and I lose again....

I just hang on for the ride ! And keep doing what I'm doing !!!
Briar Rose  
High Wt 300 lbs.  Pre-op Wt loss 34 lbs.   
mareacuda
on 5/14/11 4:31 am - Las Vegas, NV
 Haha I am in the same boat.... it's crazy! 

Yu are correct, we are eating how we are supposed to eat, following our plan, and success WILL be ours... we just have to be patient.
LilySlim Weight loss tickers
sleeve genie
on 5/14/11 4:55 am - Alhambra, CA
All part of the fun :o)  changing things up a bit, i have heard, will help sometimes.   Sounds to me like you are doing great and remember its a journey,  enjoy  :o) jeani
      the start of my brand new life was on 5/28/10

aka  jeaniwantsasleeve!!                  

jimbovsg
on 5/14/11 6:17 am
pretzels!?  what about the beer......wursts......schnitzel.....and spaetzle?   WTF....you went to a German place and that's what you ordered?  Ha ha!

JIMBO...  350lbs! lost!.....  TRIPLE CENTURY CLUB!!  HELL ...YEAH!  
MY  VSG......KICKS ASS!                                                                                                                                                                                      

I  am   6' 2"    

(deactivated member)
on 5/14/11 6:39 am
They are weird! I just had two days of feeling truly hungry at times, followed by a loss.. It was bad enough that last night I got home very late from a friends party, went to bed.. realized I had a hunger headache and a hungry feeling in my belly and got up and nibbled a small high protein snack.Went back to bed- woke up this am to a loss! 

From now on, if I'm stalled- I'm finding a party to go to!
MediumSoon
on 5/14/11 8:04 am - TX
Jillian Michaels says to never eat the same number of calories from day to day - vary it substantially. She swears by this as a weight loss tool.

rbow
on 5/14/11 10:03 am
 I can vouch for that .  Makes a big difference.

Most Active