THREE WEEKS OUT DEPRESSEd

kesha H.
on 6/24/11 2:04 pm
I need help has anyone felt this way?
acbbrown
on 6/24/11 2:23 pm - Granada Hills, CA
What exactly are you feeling? Depressed for no reason? Mourning food? Feeling physically bad? Regret? Do you need to see a doctor?

I'm two weeks out and definitely not the happiest camper around. This has been harder than I expected, and definitely have some 2nd thoughts (a day late though since I already did it).

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

MediumSoon
on 6/24/11 2:26 pm - TX
Sorry to hear this - you should call your doctor. I have seen many posts from people feeling depression after surgery. Hope you are feeling physically well. I think 3 weeks is when I started to really feel pretty "normal".

roundater
on 6/24/11 2:26 pm - Lincoln, NE
Ive been under treatment for depression but am feeling much better since surgery. If it keeps up and you used a shrink for your pre surgical psychological evaluation, you might want to talk to them. hopefully, one of the benefits of this surgery will rid you of depression.
Rich Sonderegger

WouldYouEva
on 6/24/11 2:28 pm - Laurel, MD
Oh, god yes.. It feels sometimes like my life is on hold AND there's no guarantee that I'm making the right changes. But as Dan Savage says...it gets better. I have to believe that.
Hayd9654
on 6/24/11 2:29 pm - AZ
 The first 3 weeks where the hardest for me...Trust me it gets better....After 3 weeks I went away to visit family and that made me feel more normal again and got me back in the swing of things. When I was home I was angry, cried and just miserable. 

It gets better as the weeks go on..if you are really having a hard time call your doctor.

kesha H.
on 6/24/11 2:33 pm
Thank u for your answers. I have up and down days.This I know will pass.
1london
on 6/24/11 2:55 pm
Hi Kesha, I think that this surgery is a "life changing" event, and your body is going through so many changes....including hormonal, which for us women can be horrific, but it will all even out in time.
If you continue to feel this way-call your Dr. there are options to help you cope during this window of time.
This is just a season of time that will soon pass and you will see the blessings of the surgery in the new you.  Let yourself dream of where you will be at Christmas and how wonderful you will look and most importantly feel!
Continue to post, there are many sincere, caring people on OH.
Sending prayers your way for peace and healing!
Hugs to you!
BriarRose
on 6/24/11 4:05 pm
You have just had MAJOR SURGERY and have limited calories going into your body. Your body is stressed, your hormones are crashing, and you wonder why you are depressed ??!! I wonder why more of us ARE NOT depressed after surgery.

Some of this is normal. But if you are feeling like you have no reason to live, or are feeling like you cannot get yourself out of the dumps, then please call your surgeon, your regular doctor, or a mental health professional. This will get better !!!

but just like anything else, if you feel really bad, and are crying all the time, and can't shake it, see someone, and get some help. A short time on an anti-depressant medication can be a real help in a time like this when you may have a chemical imbalance caused by all the stress to your body.

Briar Rose  
High Wt 300 lbs.  Pre-op Wt loss 34 lbs.   
kesha H.
on 6/24/11 9:24 pm
Thank you for your blessings and concerns, the more i read.the better im understanding.I know God didn't bring me this far for my life to fail.Godbless you all!
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 78 views