How do you do it?

Ashley H.
on 1/5/12 12:26 am - Brownwood , TX
VSG on 03/01/12
Just wanting to see how everyone gets their protein in via shakes?  You blend them?  Whats your favorite protein brand/flavor....got a great recipe?  What about when you are on the go?  Got a cool cup you use?  Any information will be much appreciated.  Thanks. 

acbbrown
on 1/5/12 12:29 am - Granada Hills, CA
There's a huge list of protein shake recipes - i wish i had it bookmarked on my work computer. If someone doesnt post the link, you can PM me and ill give it to you when I get home.

For the first couple months, my main shake was premier since it was the most effecient - 11oz, 160 cal, 30 g protein.

Now, I will occassionally drink those, muscle milk, or make a blended shake with frozen strawberries, unsweetened soy milk, and vanilla protein powder (prefer egg white protein or soy). I cant make them too often bc they are really good and i try to avoid drinking too many calories in lieu of a meal.  

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

Zedsmummy
on 1/5/12 12:51 am - Canada
I use promasil powdered protein (Vanilla soft serve) and put it in my (black) coffee in the morning. I also make decaffeinated Chai and use it to sweeten and "milkify" it. Delicious. 

When I travel I pack single serve ziplock bags of promasil powder and usually mix it in a disposable cup with a spoon (let it set for a few minutes and stir a second time to get all the lumps).

I really like the flavor of GNC Lean shakes (the ready made stuff). I've used the chocolate and vanilla in my coffee the same way I use the promasil powder.

I've also made chocolate promasil with a bit of peanut butter in my magic bullet blender and that was quite yummy.

ChangingNow
on 1/5/12 12:55 am, edited 1/5/12 12:55 am - OH
My favorite is Premier Protein, ready to drink, from Costco.

If I use powered, I use a Blender Bottle, with the wire whisk ball inside - they are fabulous.  You can find them a lot of places now, I've seen them at Bed Bath and Beyond, many vitamin and health food stores, and of course lots of places online including DietDirect.com.

VSG on 05/03/2011, SW 255, CW 140, 5'6" female
Body by Sauceda on 11/30/2012, LBL, BL/BA, long thighs, arms, neck

TonyEldridge
on 1/5/12 12:58 am - Forney, TX
VSG on 12/28/11 with
 My pre-op diet had me drinking a chocolate protein shake. I'm now using Nectar for my 3 week liquid diet. But the thing I wanted to share was the "Blender Bottle" I'm using. It mixes perfectly just by shaking it. It has a wire ball in it that helps it blend. I picked it up at Walmart for around $7 in the protein mix area by the pharmacy. 
Tony
momsy55
on 1/5/12 1:11 am - ME
In the first few weeks, I used Pure Protein 23 gram canned shakes.  They have about 3 grams carbs, and I think 120 calories, with the 23 grams of protein.  They have a blend of dairy and non-dairy proteins, and taste okay, so they worked well for me.  I could only get them in chocolate and vanilla at the store, but online they have several other flavors.  They also make a 35 grams of protein shake, but I never tried them.  Now that I've been on regular foods, I get my protein from meats, poultry, etc., as well as greek style yogurt, which has double the protein of regular.  I sometimes mix in a little unjury protein powder to the yogurt too.  I add a couple of TBLS of sliced almonds to beef up the protein, as well.  Now, I have a 16 oz glass of skim milk with sugar free chocolate syrup added, every night, as I find it much more palatable than protein shakes and I get about 15 grams of protein (I fill the glass almost full and save a little room for the syrup and stirring).  Hope this is helpful.  Good luck!

HW (recorded) 323  Start of Journey 298.9  SW 263.6  CW 177.8  GW 180 

Ashley H.
on 1/5/12 1:27 am - Brownwood , TX
VSG on 03/01/12
Thanks everyone! Right now I have been sampling all kinds of shakes , trying to get read for my to week pre-op diet , don't want to commit to buying a large tub since many people say their taste buds change after surgery.

vacationlover
on 1/5/12 1:28 am
Happy966
on 1/5/12 1:30 am

I do one protein coffee every morning, just because I love it so!

:) Happy

53 yrs old, 5'6" HW: 293 ConsW: 273 SW: 263 CW: 206

tripmom02
on 1/5/12 2:17 am - NJ
 I shake my morning one up in a shaker cup, and add it to my coffee. If I am on the go I will generally add some ice and just take it with me. My evening shake is by Nectar and these can not be shook or blended b/c they get funny, so I just mix it with a spoon and then throw some ice in it. 

I love roadside lemonade and lemon tea by Syntrax Nectar, and my fave not fruity is a GNC brand ANS Power Maxx.

Courtney - Lap band to VSG revision

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 92 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 314 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 362 views