"Bathroom" questions...

starry957
on 6/28/12 1:09 pm
Hi there - one of the reasons that I am leaning fairly certainly toward VSG and not DS/RNY is because over the last 3-4 yrs, I have developed some sort of IBS (irritable bowel) - not sure if I'm "diagnosible" but I find that I have significant bathroom issues, pretty much daily, whenever I eat a) too much b) greasy foods c) sweets.....What I "hope" is that having VSG will be a tool that will help to prevent at least one of these habits (the too much food).  My question is, even though nothing has been rerouted, does anyone who has any of the IBS issues, have more difficulty tolerating sweets/fats, etc....or has anyone developed these issues since having surgery? 
I think if I were to have DS, I'd live in the washroom....and, well, that can't be good...

Kerry

January 8th, 2013 - VSG with Dr Paul Sullivan (St Joe's Toronto)

acbbrown
on 6/28/12 1:16 pm - Granada Hills, CA
 During periods of my life where my eating was totally out of control, I had pretty serious "bathroom" issues especially any time I ate out. 

Now, I'm just permanently constipated no matter what I do. I cant even decide which one's worse - except im skinnier now, so this problem kind of has to win. 

Hopefully the sleeve would resolve all three because none of them are good for you - and then voila, you'll be good to go. 

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

starry957
on 6/28/12 1:24 pm
yes, hopefully all three can get resolved, though i realize alot of it is in my head....(ie why, exactly, is junkfood a "reward"???)...
anyway, guess I'll have to see how it goes - I wonder if the constipation is what happens to most people..

goddessgrrl
on 6/28/12 2:14 pm - VA
acbbrown, have you tried Traditional Medicinals Smooth Move tea? They have 2 flavors, regular & one that says CHOCOLATE on the front. To me, it tastes nothing like chocolate, but I like it better. I've drunk both, & they absolutely work for me.

You drink a cup of it brewed according to directions. In about 12 hours or so, you'll "go."

This stuff has been a lifesaver for me.

You can get it in the tea/coffee aisle at the grocery store, or on drugstore. com.

Good luck!

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

acbbrown
on 6/29/12 12:10 am - Granada Hills, CA
 No but I will give it a shot. I gave up trying much else after stimulant laxatives stopped working...

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

starry957
on 6/29/12 12:25 am
so it's an actual "tea" then?  I wonder if they sell it in Canada - seems it could kill two birds with one stone....

goddessgrrl
on 6/29/12 12:41 pm - VA
Here's the link to the teabags on drugstore dot com:

http://tinyurl.com/77kqdab

Let me know if you want me to buy you some & mail it to you!

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

bigtigger1010
on 6/29/12 12:34 am - Laurel, MD
VSG on 04/05/12
What vitmamins do u take?

Honestly, I take the neutramatrix isotinix line that was reccommended by my NUT and I don't think I'll ever have constipation issues... LOL... By the time I'm done drinking them I HAVE TO run to the bathroom (sorry for TMI) and it's nice to only haveto take stuff once a day :-)

Just a thought

HW:344  SW:329  CW:207.8  Losses: pre-op - 15/ post-op - 121.2        
M1 -  25      M2 -  18    M3 -  14.2    M4  - 11.8     M5   - 14      M6  -  9.6
M7 -  6.6     M8 -  7.0   M9 -  5.6      M10 - 7.8      M11 - 1.6+      M12- ??    

Phatchick
on 6/28/12 11:18 pm - Brookfield, IL
VSG on 04/16/12
Hi Kerry,

Since the surgery I have not had any bouts with IBS. Prior to the surgery I had IBS about 2 times a month.

Hope this helps,

Best,

Sharon

Shellbell73
on 7/1/12 5:42 am - MO
VSG on 04/09/12
Before surgery I had diaherra IBS for 10-15 yrs now I'm the total opposite I can't go but every 3-4 or more days. It sucks. I don't like laxatives. I'm trying Benefiber but will probably have to add something else also.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 92 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 314 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 362 views