Jealous

Sincereone72
on 9/7/12 4:25 pm - OH
 Ok I'm jealous that everyone is losing and I've been in a stalk forever.  9 months since surgery; started at 236 now in 189 and 5'3 and can't lose.  I do what I suppose to but I see people on here that don't even workout and just drop the weight.  It's a blessing that you all are doing great with your weight lost, I just want to know....How are you losing?

Italian-Princess
on 9/7/12 4:43 pm - IL
VSG on 06/28/12
When you say your are doing what you are supposed to do, what exactly do you mean.  If we had some numbers for carbs, protein, calories, etc., that you consume in a day, we might be able to give you some guidance.

Post again with some information and let's see what we can suggest for you.
acbbrown
on 9/7/12 4:46 pm - Granada Hills, CA
Losing...by creating a caloric deficit. Intake is less output...

One thing Ive learned - life sucks. Life isn't fair. Some people drop weight by cutting out a few sodas, some of us are not that lucky. Some of us do in fact have to work a little harder. We all have different challenges in life and different challenges along this journey.

I'm going to take a wild guess and say that you probably are not faithfully weighing/measuring and tracking your food? You will find that is a very commonly used tool - a very powerful one.

Protein first - limited carbs (and im not saying necessarily low carb) - water, exercise. Therapy.

What's in your tool set?

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

Sincereone72
on 9/7/12 5:11 pm - OH
   I do about 800-1000 a day, no bread on very low carbs.  I drink lots of water over 64oz because of not going on a regular.  I walk 3-4 times a day for an hour, which I love.  I don't eat after 7p.  Actually I eat 6 times.  Breakfast 2 egg white with 2 slices of turkey bacon...snack sugar free jello...lunch green leafy salad with 3 oz of chicken or tuna. Snack peanut butter on a gram crackers...dinner 3oz of baked Chichen, green beans and very small potatoes last snake sugar free popcicles (love them).  So that is an example.  Plz help with am I doing so wrong?  Thank you 

acbbrown
on 9/7/12 5:27 pm - Granada Hills, CA
Im just wondering if you actually track and measure your portions though? It's very very very easy to slip in a little 100 extra calories here and there.

The reality is that if you have been in a very long stall, youve reached your maintenance point. I am a strong advocate of tracking religiously because you need to know exactly what you are taking in so you know what to change. It might seem ridiculous, or a big hassle, but clearly you need to make a change.

If you are seriously eating 800-1000 calories with all that exercise...and havent lost weight in months, you need to see a doc because you could metabolic issues going on.

Also considering taking up some weight lifting because you may need to build some muscle mass to boost your resting/base metabolic rate.

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

loverofcats
on 9/7/12 5:22 pm
 Have you seen the dietitian in your program?
     "          
 LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat

pcannedy
on 9/7/12 5:28 pm - Sacramento, CA
For me, I needed accountability and motivation.  I went to Weigh****chers.  I have lost 14 of the 16 that I had gained.  I am 5'4", so its tuffer when you are short.

loverofcats
on 9/7/12 5:30 pm
 Yeah, try being 4'11."
     "          
 LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat

Feystorm
on 9/7/12 7:22 pm - CA
VSG on 03/14/12
 Us really short women have to stick together!!  lol

HW:242 Start of Preop Diet:  217  SW:200 CW:116.8 GW: 115;  SOCAL MEETUPS GROUP!:  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/socalhallo2012/    

(deactivated member)
on 9/7/12 6:11 pm
Boy, I can sense your frustration. I'd be frustrated, too. Clearly, you've reached a maintenance point - which sucks - yes, it does! But if that's your reality, then you have to figure out what's going to work for you.

Example: I have a friend here on OH  - who I also see in RL - and she is I'm guessing 5'5"-ish. She GAINS weight when she eats more than 1200 calories a day (I believe that's correct - if not, it's pretty darn close) and she is an avid hiker. She hikes miles and miles each week. That is her reality. So she's adjusted her calories, her food choices and her intake to be successful. She is a beautiful, active, healthy and at goal woman.

You need to figure out what your reality is. If you're not losing on 1000 calories a day, you need to lower your calories or significantly up your exercise factor to lose weight. The only way to lose weight is to create a caloried deficit. It's science. No trick. You seem to have found your maintenance point, so if you want to lose weight, weigh, measure and track your food to come in around 600-700 calories a day and you will start to lose weight.

I'm in early maintenance and I weigh and measure everything to keep track of what my maintenance level really is. I haven't quite found a settling point, but I'm working on it. For me the key is always knowing exactly how many calories I've eaten and then to monitor the scale. Anyhow, that's what works for me.

Hope you start losing again!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 69 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 259 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 324 views