Recent Posts

brenda_m
on 7/9/13 11:33 am - Renick, WV
Topic: RE: Hello West Virginia is there anybody out there?

Hi there,

Dr Nease came very highly recommended. After meeting him and going thru the seminar, he seems very trustworthy. You can check him out on cabell huntingtons website. And cabell is a COE (center of excellence) facility. I have 2 more months of the 6 month diet and exercise so I can have surgery. Im sure you will love Dr Nease. Good Luck and keep us posted.

by the way, I am 4 hrs away from him. Might wanna check with your ins. co just to make sure they cover WLS and what the requirements are. Maybe you can get started on your pre-op stuff.

rxtech932002
on 7/9/13 11:12 am - Dunbar, WV
VSG on 02/26/14

Hi Brenda,

Im from Charleston and was originally going to Dr Shin until I lost my insurance through CAMC so I could only go to Dr Shin due to CAMC insurance requirements. However during my 1 yr checkup with my cardiologist he recommended Dr Nease so they are calling me in a referral to him. My mom has a friend that Dr Nease did weight loss surgery on her and her husband and they got amazing results. Even though it is an hr from me Im hoping my husbands insurance through Kroger will cover Cabell Huntington.

rxtech932002
on 7/9/13 10:54 am - Dunbar, WV
VSG on 02/26/14

hi, I knew of this forum for awhile now. I was seeing Dr Shin at the CAMC WLS for awhile till i lost my insurance through CAMC due to disability. I have had several friends that have had surgery at the CAMC WLS and have had great results. However my cardiologist referred me to Dr Nease at Cabell Huntington in Huntington which is an hr away rather than CAMC. Im hoping someone can shed some light on Dr Nease as a surgeon and how the staff is at cabell

PurplePajamaMama
on 6/17/13 5:41 am

Hello all!  I am also from WV but looks like most of you are north, south or west of me!!  I live about 50 miles from D.C. and am within minutes of VA & MD state lines.  I actually had my WLS in Winchester, VA.  I am almost 2 years post op from the RNYGB.  I am definitely on the maintenance phase of the program.  Wishing the best to all of you who are just starting out on your journey or have only just begun.  

brenda_m
on 6/5/13 9:38 am - Renick, WV

If you havent already contacted his office, do so. The nurse was kind enough to send me the 6 forms that must be filled out my my PCP every month when I go weigh in. I live quite a distance away from Huntington so this was a big help for me. I am required to have:

1. EKG

2. stress test

3. Nutrition class

4. chest xray

5. psych. eval.

6. lab work

Some insurances require you lose 10% of your body weight. Unless your way over obese like me. Like I said before, doc Nease wants me to be down to 350. Might want to check with your insurance co. to see what they require. The nurses at Dr. Neases office are very knowledgeable when it comes to insurance and they might tell you what you need to do. Probably similar to what Im doing. Once they get the 1st of those 6 sheets, they will schedule you with Dr. Nease. If you need any help or have questions please ask. Im usually on the Roux-n-Y forum. Lots of great people on there. Im also on MyFitnessPal.com. I keep track of all my food intake on there. Lots of people do. Keep in touch.

brenda_m
on 6/5/13 9:26 am - Renick, WV

Im on medicare and they require the 6 month diet and exercise. Also Dr. Nease wanted me to be down to 350 before surgery. My BMI has to be between 55-60 for him to be able to do it laproscopic. Hes such a good doc. Came very highly recommended by a patient of his that I know. I cant wait to get the next 3 months over with so I can start my new life. I have 50 more lbs to lose. Ive had the seminar, the NUT class and today had my EKG. I go for my psych eval in Beckley on friday. More tests next week. Then I will have it all done. Just have to get this 50 lbs off.

brenda_m
on 6/5/13 9:13 am - Renick, WV

Thanks so much Rhonda. I know Dr. Shin. He took out my gall bladder. Nice man. Dr. Nease came highly recommended so I decided to go with him. Glad theres someone else here. Keep in touch. and congrats. I hope to have my surgery in Sept. Im 3 months into the diet and exercise. Ive lost 38 lbs since the beginning of April.

Tisme
on 6/4/13 8:52 am
On May 15, 2013 at 12:06 PM Pacific Time, brenda_m wrote:

Hi everyone!!

I hope this forum could be a little more active. Anyway, Im pre-op and working on my 6 month stuff before surgery. I live in Greenbrier Co. WV. I meet with my surgeon 1st time on friday, may,17th. Cant wait to get the ball rolling. Im having my surgery done in Huntington, Cabell Huntington Hosp. Is anyone out there who wants to be friends or share experiences? Please let me know.

Is the 6 month stuff required by Dr. Nease or your insurance company?

If you don't mind me asking what is the 6 month things?

Tisme
on 6/4/13 8:50 am

Brenda I am also planning on having surgery with Dr. Nease

kisersassy
on 5/16/13 12:22 am - Stanaford, WV
RNY on 10/29/12

Dr. Shin performed my surgery 6 1/2 months ago.  He is a nice doctor and will take good care of you!!

If you have any questions I will be more than happy to help

Rhonda

Most Active
Recent Topics
WLS in WV?
rakat · 0 replies · 2007 views
Wv coventry care requirments
Sunfish6406 · 0 replies · 4712 views
Coventry Cares WV Medicaid
AKD40 · 9 replies · 6315 views
Bcbs highmark of wv?
conandjaysmom · 0 replies · 5641 views