Event Announcement Cincinnati, Aug 20-21, 2010

Kim Gyurina, OH Staff
on 7/9/10 7:42 am, edited 7/9/10 9:10 am
DS on 09/27/23

Event Announcement Cincinnati, Aug 20-21, 2010

Hello from OH Events! It’s time again to join your friends at an OH event and kick up your heels! We have so much fun at the events, reconnecting with old friends and meeting new friends we may have met on the boards! We learn together, laugh together and sometimes even dance together! Come show off and be a part of our member fashion show. Bring a friend or family member…we encourage everyone to join us. This year we are proud to bring back our main stage speakers (new topics, of course) who are joining us to provide you with the tools and inspiration you need to get on track or stay on track! Gather your friends and take home free photos of yourselves from our sponsored photo booth!

Speakers Include: 

TLC's Big Medicine: Dr. Garth Davis Dr. Davis recently opened the new Davis Clinic, with a comprehensive weight management program to treat the disease of obesity. On stage at this conference, Dr. Davis will address the foods we eat and help explain why they cause us to gain weight. Meet Dr. Davis at his exhibit table, where his book, The Expert’s Guide to Weight-Loss Surgery, will be available for sale.

TLC's Big Medicine: Mary Jo Rapini. LPC Mary Jo  is passionate about helping you know how to strengthen your relationships, and she will Wow you with her presentation! She’s the talk of the town and calls it as she sees it when it comes to keeping things exciting with your partner. She may even get a little “racey!" This year Mary Jo is teaching you how to get your MOJO back after having weight loss surgery. Mary Jo is the author of Is God Pink? Dying to Heal and co-author of Start Talking: A Girl’s Guide for You and Your Mom About Health, Sex or Whatever.   

Dave Fouts, Bariatric Chef Chef Dave is a premier chef, passionate about healthy cooking and weight loss. His own weight loss journey has inspired him to help others learn about healthy shopping and cooking. His main stage topic is about Making the Right Food Choices When Eating Out.  Have a chat with Chef Dave at his exhibit table where his Cookwise book will be for sale! 

Connie Stapleton, PhDConnie Stapleton, Ph.D.,is a licensed psychologist and owner of Mind/Body Health Services in Augusta, GA.  She is an expert in recovery from addictions of all sorts, and her passion is the mental, physical and spiritual health of parents and families.  Her book, Eat it Up! The Complete Mind/Body Guide to a Full Life Following Weight Loss Surgery will be available for purchase.

Jeremy Gentles, CSCS, Fitness Expert Get the best in fitness information from ObesityHelp’s staff fitness and training expert. Jeremy presents the most up to date fitness routines, with emphasis on bariatrics and will present a demonstration of our new OH HealthTracker system for those wishing to log nutrition and activity to help manage weight loss.

Bo McCoy, WLS Post Op and Motivational Speaker Have you joined in one of Bo’s Conga lines yet?  Bo will be joining us again this year to get you up and out of your seat. His mission is to encourage and inspire, and we are very happy to have him again in 2010! 

Additional speakers will be announced; among those confirmed are: Dr. Trace Curry, Flourish Your Life’s, Annessa Chumbley, OH’s Support Group Leader, Terri Black.

Event Location:

Westin Hotel Cincinnati
21 E 5th Street
Cincinnati, OH
Phone 513-621-7700
Book $119 rooms at:

http://www.starwoodmeeting.com/StarGroupsWeb/booking/reserva tion?id=1001199078&key=90BF0

Don't miss our great prizes:
Visa Gift Cards! 
Exhibitor-donated gift baskets!

Regular Priced Admission is $60
Click here
to register!

Members of OH support groups, contact your leaders listed here for their discount codes:

Leader: Terrib, Group: Canton Ohio WLS Support Group

Leader: Momof3ds, Group: Leigh Ann’s Lucky Losers

Leader: Tracy S., Group: Tracy’s Terrific Transformations

Leader: Shoegirl1023, Group: Cleveland Support Group

Leader: Pdplpn, Group: Life After WLS

Leader: GingerKS, Group: By Your Side

Leader: pupagioia, Group: LIPO

Leader: IAMASWEETHEART44, Group: Lisa’s Support Group

Leader: ChristieS, Group: Racing for Results – Indy SW

Leader: Dan R. (BigDan4now), Group: Central Connecticut Cares

Leader: Bjohnso, Group: Winning by Losing

Leader: Toyzruskid1976, Group: Shed and Share

Leader: fms218, Group: LIPO

Leader: metjetfan1, Group: LIPO

Leader: donbab, Group: Camden WLS Support
Are there going to be any OH events within the next year in either NY, NJ, CT area? 

Nancy
"Learn from Yesterday.  Live for Today.  Hope for Tomorrow" - Albet Einstein

Shelli C.
on 7/9/10 2:05 pm - Pueblo, CO
Sure wish you would come to Pueblo, Colorado!!!

Shelli     
Jackie
Multiplepetmom

on 7/10/10 10:48 pm
I think the Denver area would be close enough for you to come & I would, too! 

once upon a time I had a group to talk about Binge Eating Disorder, and later one about Clean Eating.

PM me if you are interested in either of these.

size 8, life is great

M M
on 7/9/10 11:51 pm

Can't wait -- come on guys!

Andrea U.
on 7/11/10 2:16 am - Wilson, NC
Did you see?  THE PHOTO BOOTH IS COMING TO CINCY!

M M
on 7/11/10 2:17 am
 ME FIRST.

Get out of the way.
Andrea U.
on 7/11/10 2:23 am - Wilson, NC
Um, no worries.  If you remember, I never made it in SoCal.

Yvonne McCarthy
on 7/11/10 9:18 am - Plano, TX
The later it got the ummm scarier it was.

Open RNY 3/30/01  260lbs - 130lbs Yvonne McCarthy, CLC. Health & Wellness Coach (full time volunteer). I am happy to help if I can. Visit www.bariatricgirl.com and see the Bariatric Girl blog!  Also check out my Facebook Bariatric Girl Page Photography site www.yvonnemccarthy.com     .„ø¤º°¨ Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨„ø¤º°¨ Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨

Andrea U.
on 7/11/10 11:44 am - Wilson, NC
Yeah.  It needed to have some.. disinfectant.. between uses towards the end.

I still would like to see the Hard Drive, Loi..
Most Active