Atheist Devotional #242--Cloudy Saturday with a chance of RAPTURE!

Newlifeagain
on 5/20/11 7:16 am, edited 5/19/11 7:17 pm - Bakersfield, CA
I apologize for any misunderstanding to you. As LeaAnn stated correctly, I did invite myself into what I thought would be an intellegent, none one-sided conversation. I guess I was wrong. I stated in my first post, that I was non-judgemental and had an "each to his/her own" attitude. I guess some people just like to argue - not matter what. (I had an ex-husband like that). There's just no need to get puffed up, angry and attack others when someone doesn't see things as you see them. Everyone is intitled to their OWN opinions - whatever their beliefs are.

Take care and enjoy your week-end! :)

Rose

BTW - much success on your continued weight loss! You've done a great job!

LeaAnn
on 5/20/11 7:22 am - Huntsville, AL
Newlifeagain
on 5/20/11 7:27 am - Bakersfield, CA
:)
LeaAnn
on 5/20/11 4:46 am - Huntsville, AL
So, you BELIEVE the rapture is happening Saturday, because it MIGHT be true and it won't hurt to believe and in the end find out it's not true?

Either you do believe that, or you're telling lies to yourself. No one else is buying it.
Newlifeagain
on 5/20/11 5:50 am - Bakersfield, CA

You are VERY FUNNY! 

I believe WHAT I believe, and I don't feel the NEED to CONVINCE anyone of how I believe; and for me there is no entertainment in these types of conversations.  In fact, it's VERY BORING!  I make my own personal decision known, without judging you or anyone else, for that matter.  In time, we will ALL know the truth!

My belief - the Rapture could happen at any moment - EVEN SATURDAY - MY BELIEF!  Albeit, WHENEVER it happens, I welcome it!  End of Story!

Take care! ;o)

LeaAnn
on 5/20/11 6:26 am - Huntsville, AL
Well, if this is so boring, why are you here, uninvited?

Leave the same way you came in. This thread is NOT for you -- it's for atheists. It says so in the title.

FWIW, telling little children they will be "raptured" at any moment is ******g cruel. I've been talking with some of those children, now grown. They say the nightmares STOPPED when they stopped believing in those violent, horrific stories.
Stephanie M.
on 5/20/11 8:22 am
Growing up in the  Baptist Missionary Church I am familiar with children having the **** scared out of them with fire and brimstone sermons...I also think they are a bunch of hypocrites who use women and children to further their own interests...when my father was arrested for being a pedophile, our minister told my mother to stay with him because "he was here first and he is the head of your family".  My mother told him to go to hell....

It is interesting that ONLY fundamentalist christians believe in rapture...leaving the rest of the christians whose denominations were here first, behind.  It takes a pretty big ego to feel that special. 

Religion is behind most conflict in this world, it needs to go away.

6-7-13 band removed. No revision. Facebook  Failed Lapbands and Realize Bands group and WLS-Support for Regain and Revision Group

LeaAnn
on 5/20/11 11:13 am - Huntsville, AL
2nd_Chance_Chick
on 5/19/11 12:21 pm
i JUST SAID THE SAME THING MO. Even my children know the truth!

I know what i'm doing,I have it all planned-plans to give you the future you hope for.Jeremiah 29:11(The Message)

With God's Will, I was approved!

Terry B.
on 5/19/11 4:09 am - Martinsville, IN
Well crap, I got waayyy too much to do this weekend already.  Can't this be rescheduled?  Oh well, never mind, it really should not interfere with MY weekend! 

I am only one, But still, I am one.  I cannot do everything, but still I can do something.  And because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do
the something that I can do. 

Edward Everett Hale

Onederland 1/26/2010    

Most Active