Atheist Devotional #242--Cloudy Saturday with a chance of RAPTURE!

MsBatt
on 5/19/11 3:39 pm
Hey you---where you BEEN? Haven't seen you for a while.
Terry B.
on 5/19/11 10:49 pm - Martinsville, IN
I have been dealing with my real world!  I love this site, but needed a break.  How are you?  I was at another water park with my girls and grands on Mothers day.  Love what I can do these days.  Still loving my WLS and how I feel.

I am only one, But still, I am one.  I cannot do everything, but still I can do something.  And because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do
the something that I can do. 

Edward Everett Hale

Onederland 1/26/2010    

(deactivated member)
on 5/19/11 5:07 am
Ha, I'm not worried. I doubled checked this guys figures and while he is right, the rapture will occur on Saturday as planned, it also shows that god is only taking up the *****ie ones!
Christine X.
on 5/19/11 5:21 am, edited 5/19/11 5:22 am - TX
I know! Those *****ie christians are the Worst!!! Knockin on doors, littering broctures. My Saturday mornings will be so much quieter.

But my covert sells of voodoo dolls to those christians who hedge their bets with multiple religious practices might go down. No wait, they'll still be here! Great!
Christine  "Life is like a jar of jalapenos.  What you
do today, might burn your ass tomorrow".
Check out www.dsfacts.com for information on Duodenal Switch

LeaAnn
on 5/19/11 5:22 am - Huntsville, AL
Good riddance!

Jesus didn't show up t-shirt by Victory0501    
MsBatt
on 5/19/11 3:43 pm
Oh, Fin---you've left me speechless. In a GOOD way. (*grin*)
manditude
on 5/19/11 6:32 am
/r/atheism is having a blast over on Reddit. 

-Mandi
DSFacts
5'1" HW: 360  SW: 337? CW: 132 GW: 130
DS: March 2011, Plastics: LBL+BLA: April 2015

LeaAnn
on 5/19/11 8:55 am - Huntsville, AL
(deactivated member)
on 5/23/11 2:23 pm
*Ding, Ding, Ding!*
The winner is "claim that something invisible really did happen!"

He's standing by his end of the world prediction for Oct 21st. Oh, and he's not giving back any donations since, you know people will cope..

What a good Christian man..

"When asked by a reporter if he would give up all his worldly possessions on that day, Camping replied, "What would be the value of that? If it's Judgment Day, it's the end of the world." 

What about people who -- believing his prediction -- depleted their life savings to promote his message? Camping said the country experienced a recession and that "lots of people lost their homes and jobs." 

"People cope," he added, also saying that people gave out of a "desire to propagate the gospel and that he will not be returning the money.

http://blog.zap2it.com/pop2it/2011/05/harold-campings-new-ju dgment-day-prediction-oct-21-the-world-will-end.html
morcatt
on 5/19/11 7:06 am - IN
I wish that I would have thought of this one

US atheists offer pet rescue after judgment day

US atheists offer pet rescue after judgment day AFP/Getty Images/File – Dog Walker Dorothy Agius-Bennett takes her charges for a stroll in California in 2010. In 26 US states, … Wed May 18, 2:03 pm ET

WASHINGTON (AFP) – When judgment day comes -- which some US Christian fundamentalists insist will happen on Saturday -- have you thought about what you're going to do with the family dog and cat?

In 26 US states, you could have them rescued and adopted by enterprising atheists who have set up a business to care for the animal companions of any Christians who are selected to go to heaven when Jesus Christ comes back.

"You've committed your life to Jesus. You know you're saved. But when the Rapture comes, what's to become of your loving pets who are left behind?" Eternal Earth-Bound Pets says on its website, offering to "take that burden off your mind."

The post-doomsday pet rescue service already has 259 clients, who have paid $135 for the first pet and $20 for each additional pet at the same address, to ensure the faithful animal companions are looked after and loved even when their Christian owners have gone to the other side.

All the rescuers are sworn atheists, which means they will definitely be left behind on Earth, ready to rescue pets after the Rapture, which one US Christian fundamentalist group has penciled for Saturday.

When judgment day happens, Eternal Earth-Bound Pets co-founder Bart Centre "will notify all of our rescuers to go into action and they will drive to the homes of anyone who's signed a contract with us, pick up their pets and take them home and adopt them as their own, keeping them happy and healthy for the rest of their lives.

"This will happen only if and when the Rapture happens. So we do not expect to have to do anything on Saturday," Centre told AFP.

Contracts are good for 10 years, just in case the Mayan calendar prophesy, which predicts the world will end in December next year, comes true.

Cathy

"Life is not about waiting for the
storms to pass...it's about learning
how to dance in the rain."  
Most Active