WOOHOO mushy red beans !!!!!!!!

jenysez1
on 8/24/11 8:35 am - LA
I am thrilled, had my 2 week post op appt. today.  Now I can have the mushy foods and I just had the best tasting red beans I ever made.  (I hope they sit well on the new tummy b/c they were yummy)  My husband is thrilled he had real food for dinner, (he has been eating sandwich's and frozen meals for about 4 weeks)  To make it even better, I lost 21 lbs since my pre op appt.  And to add the icing on the cake (maybe a bad reference for this site) my recently unemployed husband had a great interview today.  Praying he gets a call back.   Awesome Awesome Day!!!!

Jenny

MurphysMom
on 8/24/11 8:52 am - CA
That is so nice to hear!!!  I'm glad all is going well in your world!  It can really lift the spirits when things turn out like you want them to be.  Good luck to both of you!!!  How did you make your yummy beans?
Kathy

One day at a time, and one meal at a time, and I WILL reach my goal!  
jenysez1
on 8/24/11 8:57 am - LA
Soaked a pound over night (I only use camilla brand b/c I find they are the creamiest) slowcooked them with water, onions, bay leaf, tonys seasoning (I know it's not the best) and turkey sausage.  They sure where yummy, but I think at this point anything other than liquid would have been yummy.  Took some homemade chili out the freezer to try tomorrow.  Thanks for the luck, we can all use it sometimes.

Jenny

cniki75
on 8/24/11 1:18 pm - GA
That sounds yummy and just getting to that point in my diet as well.  Thanks for posting!

MurphysMom
on 8/24/11 9:12 am - CA
They do sound yummy.  What is Tony's seasoning?  I've never heard of it.   And are the beans just called Camilla's red beans?  Thanks for the recipe.
Kathy
jenysez1
on 8/24/11 9:59 pm - LA
I live in the south, so it may just be a southern thing., Tony Chachere's is a creole cajun dry seasoning they sell out here and Camellia is a brand of dry beans.

MurphysMom
on 8/25/11 2:23 am - CA
Thanks for the info.  I live in Cali, so I may not be able to find those items, but I'll try.
(deactivated member)
on 8/24/11 9:33 am - Santa Cruz, CA
Wow! A 3-fer!  Very cool.
JodiBoda
on 8/24/11 10:57 am - Butler, PA
I love posts like this!  Mostly because I am in the same boat.  I just started mushy foods a few days ago, and those first few foods were the best EVER!  Congrats on all the good news.  I have been looking for a job myself, so I know how your hubby feels...hope you get that phone call soon!

Jodi

"Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light."  ~ Helen Keller

jenysez1
on 8/24/11 10:04 pm - LA
Jodi, good luck on your job hunt.  With the economy it can be a pain.

Jenny

Most Active