I work at a Bariatric Cafe & need to choose protein bars.

Cynthia L.
on 6/27/12 4:50 am, edited 6/27/12 4:52 am - Clarence, NY

Hi guys/dolls,

Can I get your input as to which brands (and flavors in that line) you love?

Also, are there any brands that are yucky and should be avoided at all costs?

I'd prefer low sugar and whey protein.  They don't have to have enough protein to equal a meal replacement, just something that tastes great to help a hungry person make a healthier choice than hitting the McDonalds across the street.

Thanks in advance.

-Cyn

chrissie_hynde_kitty_std-2-1.jpg picture by Queen-of-the-castleBad boys get spanked. - Chrissie Hynde Lifeposter-1.jpg picture by Queen-of-the-castle

sadcock
on 6/27/12 5:52 am
I love the Clif bars--all flavors are great. My favs are the oatmeal ones and the crunchy peanut butter. (Both Walmart and Target have these at less than a dollar a bar.)

The Kind bars are good too. A bit more sweet and less in volume, but good and nutritious.

Lighter versions are the Aldi products in their light and natural line. They have fiber bars, protein bars and cereal bars. Each has its advantages, whether you're seeking protein, fiber or just a snack. And, these are really inexpensive.  Sheila

ALESIA1966
on 6/27/12 7:12 am - New Bern, NC
Hi Cyn,

Don't do many store bought protein bars, but if I do my fav is the power crunch - its a lite wafer still bar...For something more dense and meal like I would go for an OH Yeah bar, these are too heavy for anything other then meal replacement but they have alot of good flavors...

I would suggest you test drive yourself to be able to give a "personal" experience report to prospective customers ...

Alesia : start 249 / surgeon's goal 138 / current 142  

cancancan
on 6/27/12 8:34 am - Gloucester, MA
 My favorite is the Zone bar in the chocolate mint flavor. When I'm in a late afternoon meeting, people eating candy bars ask me what I'm eating because it smells so good.

Heather :o)
on 6/27/12 8:59 am
It took me 7 years to find a bar I liked and than one day Beth suggested oh yeah good grab, I tried and was shocked that it was so delicious. I have turned all my WLS friends and a coworker who was just told she is borderline diabetic onto them and my kids will grab them in the morning if running late and no time for a sit down breakfast. Vanilla toffee fudge and caramel peanut butter are my favorites.
Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense. - Buddha
stlfocus
on 6/27/12 9:53 am - IA

Sun,what is the name of your bar?  Unless I am missing something, I dont see that you named it. 

Heather :o)
on 6/27/12 10:40 am
On June 27, 2012 at 4:53 PM Pacific Time, stlfocus wrote:

Sun,what is the name of your bar?  Unless I am missing something, I dont see that you named it. 

oh yeah good grab by ISS
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_c_1_12?url=search-alias %3Dhpc&field-keywords=oh+yeah+good+grab+protein+bars&sprefix =oh+yeah+good%2Caps%2C207
Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense. - Buddha
M M
on 6/28/12 12:05 am
acbbrown
on 6/27/12 12:59 pm - Granada Hills, CA
 Pure Protein brand is pretty good - most of them range 180-200 calories and contain 20g of protein. The carbs are moderate. 

I LOVE Premier Protein bars - they are higher calories 270 or so, but have 30 g of high quality protein and they are absolutely delicious - I would eat those over a candy bar any day. 

Also consider Quest bars - high protein/high fiber - a decent choice as well. 

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

Winnie_the_Pooh
on 6/27/12 8:09 pm
I buy Pure Protein bars in bulk at Sam's Club.  200 calories,  20 g. protein
         Detour bars in bulk at Sam's Club.  180 calories, 15 g. protein but taste like a candy bar
         Quest Protein bars on-line.  (apple pie, lemon, coconut cashew, choc. peanut butter)  160 - 170 
            calories and 20 g. protein

Winnie

Most Active