Finally got rid of my 6x, 5x,4x and 3x cloths. Moving into 2x.

Doris Cervenka
on 3/29/12 2:49 pm, edited 3/29/12 3:21 pm - Ganado, TX
     I finally got rid of my old cloths.  I do not why I hung on to them for so long. It blows my mind to think that 5x clothes were to tight on me at 395 pounds. Now they  are like sack clothes. The 5x pants will not stay on.  I gave half of my clothes away two months ago.  But, I kept some really nice stuff.  I,m not sure why.  Well, I finally decided.   I don't need them any more as a crutch.  I finally feel like. I let that big fat girl go. I don't need them any more. I think with clothes .  I was hanging on to a piece of her.  I had to learn to let go of my fears.  Who new could want something your whole and finally start to get and it scares you to death.  I gotten down to 228 pounds.  Still hoping to lose more.  My one year date is next month.  Still hoping to get under 200 pounds.   It is nice to be able to buy clothes at a normal store.  The last time I was 220 pounds was in Highschool.  I am 42 years years old now. Who losing weight could such fears to come out. What crazy is I don't why I am afraid.  With every telling me I should be happy just makes it worst.
acbbrown
on 3/29/12 3:55 pm - Granada Hills, CA
 I still havent been able to get rid of all my biggest clothes - and I keep hanging on to stuff "just in case". I remember the pain of having to shop for clothes and never being able to find something - that usually crosses my mind when I'm trying to get rid of them. 

GOOD FOR YOU for doing it. It is a huge step in freeing yourself! 

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

Sweet_56
on 3/29/12 5:07 pm - Saskatchewan, Canada
Congrats on finally letting go of those clothes.... I can completely relate to your post!!  I finally just got rid of some of my 4 and 5x clothes too, and although I should have been celebrating I didn't feel that amazing about it. I gave the clothes to my aunty but I caught myself thinking "Maybe I should keep that just in case/What if I gain the weight back" I think I was also mourning the lose of my "Safety Net". I'm still at the beginning of my journey and I have a long way to go. I know that I have a lot of those old insecurities I need to work on so that as the pounds melt away I am more confident.. I still get caught off guard and flustered when someone compliments me.

LilySlim - Personal pictureLilySlim Weight loss tickers 
My Video Log...  Follow as this Fat Canadian Shrinks!! 
www.youtube.com/user/TheShrinkingCanadian

lori B.
on 3/29/12 6:18 pm
Congrats on the big step!   I started in a very similar situation, 394 lbs. only I wouldn't buy clothes anymore and a week before surgery my last pants disinigrated.  So that took care of pants.  My problem came when I passed by things (size wise) and then they were to big and I still try to wear things which drives my family nuts.  So I guess my mind needs to catch up to the body. 

My new addiction is thrift store shopping and I always drop off a bag of used before I go in.  It's a great way to down size in both ways.

Keep up the good work, summer coming is giving me more motivation.  You'll be in onederland before you know it.   :0)
Lucky2talk2
on 3/30/12 1:14 am - Renton, WA
It was hard for me to get rid of my clothes as had that fear of ... OMG WHAT IFNI GAIN AND NEED THEM. I am not in that mindset any longer and have gotten rid of the clothes. Have a couple for when I am at goal to take pictures. Memory of my past.

I LOVE THE THRIFT STORES!!! YOU ARE RIGHT... DROP A BAG AND GET SOMETHING SPECIAL. THRIFT STORES HAVE SO MANY NEW CLOTHES WITH TAGS STILL ON THEM AND IT IS A CHA CHING CHA CHING!!! Love it!!!

Hugs, and congrats on your shrinking self!!

Sherrie

MAKE IT A GREAT DAY!!         SHERRIE <3

Brenda C.
on 3/30/12 8:25 am
Clean Closets lead to Happy Thoughts!

Congratulations!!!  Out with the old, in with the new!!!

Brenda : )~
Phatchick
on 3/31/12 7:29 am - Brookfield, IL
VSG on 04/16/12
WOOHOO, awesome journey. Congrats, Sharon

julesiglow
on 4/1/12 3:16 am - Vidalia, GA
Great going!!!!!!   It took my a while to give up my 6xl clothes I would just get my pants taken in but they were just to big...so I started giving them away....  It is now fun to go to the mall and look at clothes and be able to buy the stuff on sale...and to get hand me downs from my skinny friends....   I have not been this skinny since 7th grade..........I take my clothes to Salvation army ..I am now down to 204lb  I am working on getting to 199.....
Keep on going you have done great.....

Finding the Light one day at a Time

Most Active