I need help!

ChristiS1985
on 1/14/13 7:15 am - TN

Ok, so I know I haven't posted in a LONG time and I apologize for that. Life has been happening and most of it has been amazing. I had my VSG on April 2nd and i've lost right at 125 pounds. Thats a whole person...but im still big. I still need to lose 100 more pounds and at this moment it seems impossible. I am eating more and I realize thats normal but i feel like its just out of control. I miss being able to eat half of a sugar free pudding and being so full I want to throw up. The weight that I have lost has been pretty easy and now its getting hard and im afraid that i wont succeed. Ive not been to zumba in over a month and a half and im eating like crazy. Its still small amounts for an adult and most definitely WAY less than i used to eat. Should I be drinking protein drinks? If so are there any that I can drink from Walmart? How much water are yall drinking? Help, please. I am desperate...I feel myself slipping back into old habbits and I dont want to go back to where ive been.Im so discouraged.

acbbrown
on 1/14/13 9:18 am - Granada Hills, CA

All you can do is focus on 5-10 lbs at a time. The big picture can be too overwhelming really.  It's important to have a good plan that you can follow, make sure you are religiously weighing/measuring/tracking your food, getting some exercise, drinking 80+ oz of water, and making healthy choices - stay away from carby junk, high sugar/high fat foods.

It is hard work the further out you get. Im 19 months out and STRUGGLING big time - each day, I might have to start over, but my bottom line is that i will NEVER give up.

You dont need to drink shakes unless you have difficulties getting enough protein. In my case, I love them and they help me stay on track by satisfying my sweet tooth, but that's just  a strategy I use. We all need to do what works for us. If you find yourself hungry, focus on more dense proteins. Add high fiber, filling veggies for snacks.

Identify the areas where you are struggling. Work on finding a solution. It will take some hard work, you will have to make yourself uncomfortable for a while, but once you get back in control, you will feel better and it will get a little easier. YOU CAN DO THIS. You have to believe in yourself though.

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

sleevegirl
on 1/14/13 9:45 pm - Austin, TX

I think everyone goes off the rails sometimes. For me, I have to cut out basically all carbs besides veggies to get back into the groove. You're doing great, 125 pounds in 8 months is fabulous! Just buckle down and get the rest done! and "what she said" to Alison.

Candy from Austin, TX  |   Website  |  MyFitnessPal  |  My OH Blog

5'6" / HW 375 / SW 355 / CW 150 / Maintaining 155-159 - Goal Reached! 225 Pounds Lost

Phatchick
on 1/14/13 9:47 pm - Brookfield, IL
VSG on 04/16/12

HI Christi,

We have so many parallels. I had my VSG on 04/16 and I have lost 100 lbs. I believe the surgeon told me at about 6 mos out our tummies stop swelling and we will be able to fit more in. That really sucks! I miss the "have a bite and be full for hours"  times as well.

It is such a misconception that surgery just makes the fat melt away and magically we become thin. For the light-weights it probably is more like that, but those of us who have to lose more than 100 lbs, it is more difficult. 

Don't be so hard on yourself. 125 lbs is amazing. You did that. There are many people who have had the surgery who haven't had close to that success.

I have been on a stall for 7 weeks. Everyday I want to throw the scale against the wall and cry. Every morning I lay in bed and believe today is going to be the day I will drop the weight. Every day I am wrong. It plays with your mind and you want to quit. Good for you that you know you have to change things to stay in the race. 

The way to lose now is the way you lost the first 125#'s. Did you drink shakes? If not, perhaps you may want to incorporate them into your day for easy protein consumption. You have to do what makes you happy. For me it is drinking my protein because I dont have to think about it.

We need 800-1000 calories per day depending on the activity level.

My typical food day is:

Breakfast: Cup of coffee when I get up and a Premier Ready Made shake which has 30 gms of protein and  25 oz of water 

I work out at lunch time and have 25 oz of water

Lunch 3/4 c of Protein+ Special K and 1 cup of almond milk 13 gms of protein

Mid day snack Premier Shake 30 gms and a handful of nuts 20 oz water

Dinner: last night I had: a small sweet potato, 1 slice of ham, broccoli-(I was too full to eat all of the potato) 25 oz of water 20 gms of protein

dessert: 1/2 cup of plain greek yogurt with 1 T of SF orange marmalade with a dollop of unsweetened whipped cream. 10 gms of protein

I strive for about 80-100 gms of protein per day and 80-100 oz of water.

Yesterday I had about 103 gms of protein and 95 oz of water.

That is my typical day. For me, I try to work out even when I do not follow the diet perfectly. I have never gained due to this method, even as I spent the Christmas holidays baking tons of stuff for my family and ate a little everyday during that time.

Ultimately, I have to stay away from carbs. If I touch them, I am in big trouble. Do I stay away from them 100%? No. I eat a hand full of popcorn sometimes. It is the devil, but I do. I ate a piece of toast 2 days ago and then feened for the entire bag of bread and had to tear all the bread up and throw it outside for the birds.  I am addicted to carbs and know what happens if i eat them.

The beauty of this is today is a new day and you can start again and be successful.

Either get the diet back in line or the exercise. Start one and the other will follow.

Plan, plan, plan. Get the correct foods in your house and prepare a few days of menus for yourself so you have the foods you need to stay on plan. But first, get rid of all the junk.

YOU CAN DO THIS! You have done it. Yes, the tummy can hold more, but we all know it's a head game, not a tummy game. If you cannot control the head, think about therapy. It has helped many us. I believe most got fat because of what was eating us, not what we were eating. You may have to deal with that as well.

Blessings and hugs,

Sharon

Lucky2talk2
on 1/15/13 3:32 pm - Renton, WA
Just wanted to say hang in here! Come back to refocuss!! All the advice is great already given! You are aware it sounds like what you are doing... Making the change is next! Not to late! Hard yes, but action generally is if it is good for us! Changes are not always easy but you will reap the rewards! If you fall, you get back up and brush yourself off and keep going keep trying!!

We understand for sure, we all slip up here and there and doubt and wonder....

Hugs,
Sherrie

MAKE IT A GREAT DAY!!         SHERRIE <3

Most Active