How much did you lose??

msmetha
on 3/8/13 3:42 am - MO

I am currently 371 lbs..My surgery is wednesday..I always see people way smaller than me post how much they lost..I am trying to find someone closer to my weight..do heavier people do as well with the surgery..I am having a sleeve

mickeymantle
on 3/8/13 3:50 am - Eugene/Springfield, OR
VSG on 07/22/13

im still pre surgery  but a lot of people seem to do real good with the sleeve

if you eat 600-800 cals you have to lose

im eating 1200 and have lost 57 since oct.

good luck with your surgery, I will follow in may or june

175 lb  lost,412 hw 336sw,241 cw surgery July 22 2013,surgeon Dr Colin MacColl,

sleevegirl
on 3/8/13 5:52 am - Austin, TX

My heaviest was 375. I'm 5'6". I'm 161.4 as of this morning. The bigger question is... are you willing to do the work? It's not a magic pill. It's HARD work. But worth every pound :)

Candy from Austin, TX  |   Website  |  MyFitnessPal  |  My OH Blog

5'6" / HW 375 / SW 355 / CW 150 / Maintaining 155-159 - Goal Reached! 225 Pounds Lost

Oxford Comma Hag
on 3/8/13 6:08 am

What Candy said, and I will add that there is a trial-and-error aspect to this. What works for me may not work for you, so you have to learn your own body.

But there is absolutely no reason to think you won't be just as successful as anyone else. There are lots of people out there who have lost all the weight they wanted to. And there isn't any magic window that says if you don't lose all your weight in, say, a year, that you are done losing and have to be stuck. You can keep losing weight for the rest of your life.

Some of this is physical, but the lion's share is mental. If you stray off the path, hop back on. Surround yourself with people who are positive and believe in you. Make sure you believe in yourself. Don't compare yourself to anyone else, EVER. This isn't an all-or-nothing proposition. If you eat a cookie, forgive yourself and move on (that is from Neen on the RnY board). You can do it!

I fight badgers with spoons.

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 800-273-8255

Suicidepreventionlifeline.org

sleevegirl
on 3/8/13 6:27 am - Austin, TX

Yup... us heavyweights have a harder row to hoe, but it's doable, for sure. A lot of folks believe you stop losing after a year. That just isn't true. I'm "only" losing 3-4 pounds per month at this time, but I'm 20 months out and really close to goal. I do have my monthly stats (and weekly) on my profile, but don't compare. It's hard not to, especially when you're in the thick of it...

Candy from Austin, TX  |   Website  |  MyFitnessPal  |  My OH Blog

5'6" / HW 375 / SW 355 / CW 150 / Maintaining 155-159 - Goal Reached! 225 Pounds Lost

BiscuitNYC
on 3/9/13 9:39 am - NYC, NY
DS on 01/23/13

I was 507 when I had my VSG, and 18 months later I was down 150, and then had my revision to DS.  

As I wrote in another thread here, my NUT didn't believe in counting calories or carbs.  Some other boards I would visit had people who'd get really bent out of shape if I said I wasn't counting calories.  But I figured, hell, I wasn't good at dieting before this, what makes me think I'm going to be an expert all of a sudden?  Besides, I'm not in a race with other board members or surgery patients to lose weight the fastest.  I spent years putting all this weight on, and it is more important to me to learn better habits and make healthier choices than it is for me to attempt some non-sustainable limited caloric intake.   Because this change is for life.

Karine
on 3/9/13 2:09 pm - Canada
VSG on 06/25/12
I started 8 months ago at 360. Today I am about 206. I had the sleeve. Restruction is still the same. Lits of mental work but worth it

Gastroscopy: May 26th 2012                   SW + HW 360
Labs: May 30th 2012                                Post opti   341.2
SD:  June 25th 2012                                Post op     338.6       

acbbrown
on 3/10/13 1:56 am - Granada Hills, CA

Ive lost over 200lbs - i had the sleeve almost 2 years ago. It's possible but hard as hell. Welcome!

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

pinkjellybean
on 3/10/13 9:20 am - Canada
VSG on 01/25/12

I wholeheartedly believe the journey of a heavy weight is more psychological than anything else.  Can you get to a healthy BMI?  Absolutely....but it's going to take a lot of hard work and focus on your part.  You have to decide every day to just do it and when you make mistakes..AND you will...you have to be able to find yourself, focus yourself, and start again. 

SURGERY at Toronto Western Hospital - VSG JANUARY 25th, 2012!!

5'9 - HW - 390 SW - 368.8  GW - 150

Phatchick
on 3/11/13 5:33 am - Brookfield, IL
VSG on 04/16/12

Hi Ms.

I weighed 356 when I began the journey on 04/16/12. I was sleeved. I have lost 120 lbs and still have about 65 more lbs to lose. I know many who were way bigger than you or I,  who have seen amazing results with dedication and  determination. 

This journey is different for every person who embarks on it. I have seen countless people make goal in a year or less who have had more than a 150 lbs to lose. It is all about what each person wants to do. It is personal and it is more than a goal, it is a way of life.I believe different factors determine different results like age, sex, surgery type, carb intake, exercise level....the list is endless.

Good luck to you. We are saving you a seat on the losers bench.

Hugs,

Sharon

Most Active