Repost from VSG: One Year Ago Today I got my Sleeve!

happiegirl
on 4/24/13 2:01 am - Albuquerque, NM
VSG on 04/24/12

So yea I never really do this...but I'm going to.  I have lost a total of 108 pounds today.  Below is a photo of me at my highest on the left and the day of surgery on the right.

This is another photo of me at my highest weight.

This is me today at work...we need to do something about those boxes huh?

Go****his has been great.  I have had zero physical hunger for the most part.  The Sleeve has been wonderful for me.  For the first time in my life I feel I have a real chance to keep off the weight I've lost. I wish I could tell you this was easy but I had to try and really try hard.  I have logged almost every day I've had my sleeve.  I've tried to keep my carbs low and I have had to exercise.  I would say I'm some what of a slow loser but I'm still making my way to where I want to be. I have not been perfect and I've had some slip ups here and there but I never stop trying.  Yes I do eat bad things sometimes but I consider every meal a chance to make the right choice.  One good choice at a time and I figure more good than bad will add up eventually.  The all or nothing attitude just doesn't work for me.

Sad though I've lost all of my boobs lol!  I've lost some hair...but I've gained self confidence I never had before in life.  I can be a real mom now.  My kids are in sports and I don't spend every afternoon plopped down on the couch.  Before this loss all I could do is go to work and come home and sit.  It was painful!!!  I'm not sure exactly why but I used to hurt everywhere.  My knees would just go out on me and I would fall at random times.  It was very sad and embarrassing.  The Sleeve was the second chance I needed and that's the way I like to look at it.  I know I can still mess it up...I have to keep trying.  I will always have to watch what I eat and do some type of exercise.  There is no going back ever!

I'm not sure if anyone has any questions for me but I'd be happy to answer.  I'm still trying to lose more and am considering revising my goal...even though people think I need to stop lol.  Oh yes and I do have mega excess skin...Still it was worth it...hair loss...excess skin...and loss of boobs lol...I've gained way more.  My kids are proud of mom now!  That's the best part!  I get to be what a mom should be!

I want to add that you ladies are the best!  Your support has been the most helpful to me!  Thank you all so much!

HW: 351 Pre-op: 272  Current: 140.7 Goal:160      M1:14 M2:14  M3:11  M4:10 M5:10  M6:12  M7:8  M8:6 M9: 6 M10:7 M11: 6 M12: 4 M13: 5 M14:7 M15: 4 M16: 3 M17: 1   M18: 4

"Glory lies in the attempt to reach one's goal and not in reaching it." - Gandhi

Nikkal
on 4/24/13 5:02 am
VSG on 07/18/13

happy surgiversary!

what a difference a year makes, wow! You look amazing, and more importantly, it sounds as though you FEEL amazing!

EliseG
on 4/24/13 6:08 am - MA

Happy surgy :)

You look wonderful! Congrats!!

acbbrown
on 4/24/13 10:28 am - Granada Hills, CA

You are one hot momma!!!!  You are rocking your sleeve. Im sure you could burn a few cals moving some boxes :))

Great job!

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

Oxford Comma Hag
on 4/24/13 2:31 pm
Lookin' great! Congratulations and keep it up!

I fight badgers with spoons.

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 800-273-8255

Suicidepreventionlifeline.org

Molly S.
on 4/24/13 4:01 pm - Chicago, IL

AWESOME JOB!! CONGRATS!!  YOU LOOK AMAZING!!  KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!

HW 611  Pre-opW 580   LW 302  GW 238         

Hockeymom73
on 4/25/13 1:19 am
RNY on 11/21/12

Great story and congrats on all the hard work.  You are an inspiration to me and just at a time when I needed it.

Thanks

Sophia

HW: 400.5 CW: 251.0 GW: 199

KittyKarin
on 4/25/13 8:43 am - FL
VSG on 01/09/13
You look amazing! You look a lot younger now. I love it! You did so great and I really like your approach and attitude about the weight loss. All or nothing has failed before, I can't do it again! Happy surgiversary!

KittyKarin :-) Starting weight: 362 / Surgery weight: 353 / Current weight: 190 (03/27/2017)

Lucky2talk2
on 4/25/13 10:11 pm - Renton, WA
Ok, so I just typed a rather lengthy post and went to actually press post and lost it. Not sure where it went. I wanted to let you know you look GREAT! Congrats! When you speak of how proud your kids are of their mama, IT BROUGHT TEARS TO MY EYES! I wish that my grown son who has weight issues would have had me at a smaller size with better teaching to him from me. I was over 500 and 600 lbs since he was about 2 years old. So happy for you that you have been able to have this and how it has changed your life! You are an inspiration and you will find your goal weight at the point that you are comfortable. It can be hard to find that spot sometime. Starting out at higher weights I think it is hard to set a 'goal' and it seems to always be re=evaluated. Hanging skin and body skeletons are easy to see after losing and working with our doctors, people around us and with ourselves we will find that happy spot!

MAKE IT A GREAT DAY!!         SHERRIE <3

(deactivated member)
on 4/26/13 6:36 am

Congrats on your weight loss. You've done an amazing job. You should be so proud of yourself. You're beautiful.

Most Active