Posting my first pic at surgery, and 5 months post opp. Life is great! We will c if this works!

bigmikebigfoothunter
on 7/30/14 11:44 pm
DS on 03/10/14

Thanks to everyone here for all of your support, These are 2 pics I figured I would share Of me and my wife at surgery on March 10, 2014 and last week! Every day I am doing better and better this surgery has changed my life in so many ways! Im down to 343 from 476 in february of 2014, still have a long way to go but last week made it half way to my goal!!!

Sumundo311
on 7/31/14 12:37 am - Saskatoon, Canada

congrats, what a difference in your face and I'm sure you must be feeling good too.

Susan

Nov. 14/2005 I have reached the 10 year mark and I am very glad I had this surgery and can live a normal life.

Huneypie
on 7/31/14 2:00 am - London, United Kingdom
DS on 07/24/12

Congrats - you've come a long way in a very short space of time!! ;-)

Lowish BMI? See Lightweights Board! Lightweight Creed For more on DS see www.DSfacts.com
If you don't have peace, it isn't because someone took it from you; you gave it away. You cannot always control what happens to you, but you can control what happens in you John C Maxwell 
View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.comSleeve 2010 Dr López Corvala, Mexico. DS 2012 Dr Himpens, Belgium

I  my DS  

Irishnurse
on 8/1/14 1:16 am
DS on 04/17/13

You look fantastic!!!!

SW-340, CW-164, GW-150, 14 pounds to go...

PeteA
on 8/1/14 4:55 am - Parma, OH
DS on 04/15/13

That's just great. Congrats on all your hard work. There are certainly enough ups and downs involved but the end result is totally worthi it.

Pete

kathy215
on 8/1/14 7:50 am

The DS is amazing !!!  You look fantastic !!! and many more good things to come

Keep up the good work

Kathy

GeekMonster, Insolent Hag
on 8/1/14 8:19 am - CA
VSG on 12/19/13

Awesome.  Congratulations on such great progress  

"Oderint Dum Metuant"    Discover the joys of the Five Day Meat Test!

Height:  5'-7"  HW: 449  SW: 392  GW: 179  CW: 220

bigmikebigfoothunter
on 8/1/14 11:20 pm
DS on 03/10/14

Thanks guys for all of your support! Im very grateful this surgery is amazing, and for all of the friends and help I have found on this sight,! I am learning that is does come with hard work as well.Fluids and vitamins seem so simple but Im not the best at keeping up with them, at five months out Im starting to learn just how important they are to my health and success!

Uriahblues
on 8/4/14 1:29 am

Congratulations on your weight loss. I weighed 480 lbs. this past Friday when I had my initial assessment with my surgeon. I am hoping to have the DS surgery in five or six weeks. I have a lot of things to get out of the way before I can have surgery. I have to see a heart doctor, lung doctor, do a sleep study, etc. I was wondering if there is anything that you would do different as for as preparing surgery if you could go back and do it over again. What advice would you give me that would help me to be in the best position possible to do all that I need to do to have a good outcome in the surgery and post op recovery process? I would appreciate any thing that you might be able to share with me.

Member Services
on 8/3/14 5:11 am - Irvine, CA

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 306 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 772 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 256 views