LaraNicole’s Posts

LaraNicole
on 5/3/05 1:10 am
Topic: RE: Getting Scared Surgery 5/12
I had been doing fine until yesterday. I have started to get really nervous about the surgery. I have done everything right to get prepared. I am on a no carb diet until the 12th. I have lost 20lbs. I feel great. It is just that I am scared something will go wrong and I will never come home. LaraNicole
LaraNicole
on 3/21/05 2:48 am
Topic: RE: Whining:-)
wow, 3 weeks ago and already a fill. I was told I would have to wait 6 weeks. Also, I will not be allowed to eat solids for the first 6 weeks. Are you already eating solids at 3 weeks? I am so sorry you do not feel that the band is helping you yet, but it is so new. I think that if you give it some more time and do exactly what your surgeon and nutritionist instruct it will work for you. Are you chewing at least thirty times before swallowing? Are you drinking at lots of water during the day. Are you not drinking at least 30 minutes before eating and not drinking at least 30 minutes after eating? I know that you can do this you have come so far. You have taken this huge step to take control of your life. Do you feel maybe you might be depressed and maybe need to talk to someone? Please try to stay positive...this will get better! ((((((HUGS)))))) LaraNicole
LaraNicole
on 3/21/05 2:38 am
Topic: RE: Who did you tell?
Well, I have told my three closest friends and one of the mom's at the school where my daughter's go. I have told my Mom and Dad. My older brother who is far away and just lost 70lbs on atkins. I have not told my younger brother and his wife because they are VERY rude, but they live next to my mother so I am sure I will tell them before I have it (which will be in the next month). I have asked my husband not to tell his friends because it is none of their business and they do not need to discuss me. I have not told anyone at Church, but I am involved in a small group Ministry and we meet weekly. The problem is that we eat before we begin every week. I will have to tell them something...just not sure what I am going to tell them all yet. LaraNicole
LaraNicole
on 3/20/05 12:45 am
Topic: RE: Posting Pictures...Here is How
this is from Pinalope on the Main Message Board... Post your own pictures, here's how! Original Post by Pinalope }i{ at 6:37 AM PST on 03/20/2005 Montreal, QC - RNY (07/07/2004) This question seems to get asked on a daily basis so I thought why not just post an answer instead of responding to all the questions all the time As you can see by my profile, you can add tons. Doing it this way also saves people from having to follow separate links to picture trails etc...to find your pictures. This is how I do it, but you can use any photo server of your choice....so here goes, hope it helps some people out, the OH-photo team gets overloaded, so the more of us who can post our own, the better. I use photobucket.com to add my pics to my profile. It's free and easy. Just get your username and password set then start adding pics to the site. After they're uploaded, you'll see 3 different text lines under each pic. To post a picture in your photo section of your profile, paste the URL that photobucket gives you into the photo boxes in your profile. To post a pic in the body of your profile, paste the TAG line into your text box of your profile (where you put your updates) The message board photos though, need to be added by the OH photo team, you can send it to them, along with your user name, user ID# and e-mail addy to [email protected] Good luck and have fun. LaraNicole
LaraNicole
on 3/20/05 12:43 am
Topic: RE: next step?
Post your own pictures, here's how! Original Post by Pinalope }i{ at 6:37 AM PST on 03/20/2005 Montreal, QC - RNY (07/07/2004) This question seems to get asked on a daily basis so I thought why not just post an answer instead of responding to all the questions all the time As you can see by my profile, you can add tons. Doing it this way also saves people from having to follow separate links to picture trails etc...to find your pictures. This is how I do it, but you can use any photo server of your choice....so here goes, hope it helps some people out, the OH-photo team gets overloaded, so the more of us who can post our own, the better. I use photobucket.com to add my pics to my profile. It's free and easy. Just get your username and password set then start adding pics to the site. After they're uploaded, you'll see 3 different text lines under each pic. To post a picture in your photo section of your profile, paste the URL that photobucket gives you into the photo boxes in your profile. To post a pic in the body of your profile, paste the TAG line into your text box of your profile (where you put your updates) The message board photos though, need to be added by the OH photo team, you can send it to them, along with your user name, user ID# and e-mail addy to [email protected] Good luck and have fun. LaraNicole
LaraNicole
on 3/16/05 8:27 am
Topic: RE: GOT MY APPROVAL!!! ...Nervous
It's LaraNicole, lol and yes I am totally nervous. I can't believe I got approved. I have been waiting and waiting and finally I got it. Whew. BUT now I am a bundle of nerves. My husband was so happy for me. He is so funny. He thinks I am perfect, but he really wants me to be as happy with myself as he is with me. Thank you for the support! LaraNicole
LaraNicole
on 3/16/05 7:05 am
LOL, guess I was really excited! LaraNicole
LaraNicole
on 3/16/05 6:58 am
I just got off the phone and I have been approved. I will get a call tomorrow for the nutrition consult and the exercise consult and then they will give me my date. I am sooooo excited and Nervous at the same time. My husband was with me and he could hear her on the phone and he started jumping up and down I asked her if it was normal to be so nervous now. She started laughing and told me how happy she was for me. LOL, I made it!!! Thank you all for all you support so far! LaraNicole
LaraNicole
on 3/16/05 6:58 am
I just got off the phone and I have been approved. I will get a call tomorrow for the nutrition consult and the exercise consult and then they will give me my date. I am sooooo excited and Nervous at the same time. My husband was with me and he could hear her on the phone and he started jumping up and down I asked her if it was normal to be so nervous now. She started laughing and told me how happy she was for me. LOL, I made it!!! Thank you all for all you support so far! LaraNicole
LaraNicole
on 3/14/05 10:15 pm
Topic: RE: I'm getting fixed!!!!!
Kim - that is so wonderul! You were so nice to me when I first came of these boards and I am so happy this has worked out for you! LaraNicole
LaraNicole
on 3/9/05 9:56 pm
Topic: RE: Jealousy does strange things
Stacey - I totally understand where you are coming from, although I have not had the surgery yet. I am still waiting for approval, but I was put on medication a month ago for Biploar II and I have started losing weight because part of my condition was Binge Eating Disorder . My husband has been very supportive about the surgery, but ever since I have starting lossing weight he keeps offering me bites of this and that. He comes right up and puts them in my face. I say no every time. I am trying to not get upset, but it hurts me. I have no urge to eat these things. I have no idea what to do. I really hope he doesn't continue after I have the surgery. Congrats on your wonderful success! LaraNicole
LaraNicole
on 3/5/05 12:20 am
Topic: RE: 2 Airline seats?
Do not fly Continental. They do not fit well at all. I was size 26 and it was horrible every time I had to fly. They will check you if you are large to make sure it fits and then make a big deal about bringing you the extender. Very embarrassing. Trust me, I know. I could not bring my self to ask for the extender and tried each time to make it fit on my own. One time it did not and I just wanted to die. Have not flown again, even told my job I could not fly anymore, was flying every week. I lost my job two weeks later. LaraNicole
LaraNicole
on 3/1/05 2:23 am
Topic: RE: Paperwork FINALLY at Insurance Agency!!!
thank you! I just got back from signing all the paperwork to make the offer. Now it is being faxed to the selling. I have been paraying so hard!!! LaraNicole
LaraNicole
on 2/28/05 11:10 pm
Topic: RE: Paperwork FINALLY at Insurance Agency!!!
Ok, It has taken exactly one month for my Drs. office to send in my paperwork, but the day has finally arrived. I am soooooooooooo happy. Humana now has my paperwork. I was also told that I have all the prerequisites they are looking for so ::::crossing fingers and toes:::::: I will be accepted. On another note...I am signing a contract today to get my first house. It is so beautiful. I am so excited and I think that 2005 is going to be my best year ever!!! THANK YOU ALL FOR BEING SO SUPPORTIVE LaraNicole
LaraNicole
on 2/26/05 6:48 am
Topic: RE: They had NO idea!
Hey Kay, I am in Round Rock so let me know when you are going shopping and I can help too! LaraNicole
LaraNicole
on 2/25/05 11:59 am
Topic: RE: Does anyone have Humana?
that was great to hear! thank you so much for responding!!! LaraNicole
LaraNicole
on 2/25/05 3:53 am
I have Humana EPO. I just called them and the lady I spoke with said that she *thinks* if I get approved then everything having to do with the surgery will be approved and then since the fills will be done in the Drs. office they will be just like another co-pay. She also told me that it usually does not take more than a week for them to make decisions. She said that they have a check off list and basically would get my paperwork and call my Drs. office and go down the check off list and if everythign is checked off I am good to go. The only pre req's she knew of were the bmi and the supervised diet. I asked her if I could actually talk to someone that has that check list and she said not unless I was a Drs. office. So, I guess I have a little more info. If I get approved my insurance will pay 90% of the surgery, but I have a $1,400 max out of pocket and this includes all copays before surgery. So for everything I only have to come up with $1400 if I get approved. Thank you for your help! LaraNicole
LaraNicole
on 2/25/05 12:36 am
I am waiting to get approved by Humana and once I get approved (fingers crossed) I was wondering what all they paid for. Did they cover everything? Also what do you have to pay for your fills? LaraNicole
LaraNicole
on 2/23/05 10:15 pm
Topic: RE: Feeling my band (NOT PORT)
Have you tried wearing a sports type bra when eating? Maybe that would not hurt as bad. Sorry you are having so much pain. LaraNicole
LaraNicole
on 2/22/05 11:20 pm
Topic: RE: Kinda OT: Pregnancy, what's the heaviest you were?
thank you so much for this information!!!!!!!!!!!!! LaraNicole
LaraNicole
on 2/22/05 10:44 pm
Topic: RE: NSV
That is AWESOME! I bet that will be so much fun getting a whole new wardrobe that you don't have to pay for! LaraNicole
LaraNicole
on 2/22/05 10:32 pm
Topic: RE: Dumb Question..........
My surgeon was so funny....I had just finished telling him how I had tried and tried all these things to lose weight and nothing really worked over the long term and how I just looked into the liquid diet thing. SO I said to him now I heard I have to go on a diet 2 weeks prior to the surgery right and he said yes and I said uh huh and what kind of diet is this and he said um...the liquid diet thing. We both started laughing. Then of course I got mad at him. I said you really want me to do that and he said YES. There was a lady that a surgeon went to operate on that had too much fat around her liver and they could not move it properly and they had to stop the operation and do it at another time after she lost some weight. From that point on they required patients to try to lose as much as they could for two weeks prior to surgery to insure that the liver would have less fat around it. I am SO not looking forward to this BUT I am trying to look at it as that is the day my journey begins... LaraNicole
LaraNicole
on 2/22/05 10:21 pm
Topic: RE: Kinda OT: Pregnancy, what's the heaviest you were?
Can someone tell me what PCOS is? I guess I do not have it since I have two children. When I got pregnant with them I was not as heavy and it was 5 years ago. This year I got remarried and we tried to get pregnant. After about 6 months we were pregnant, but it ended in a miscarriage. We tried again and and I told my husband that this was the last time. If I did not get pregnant then I was not trying again until I lose 100lbs. I am currently at 268lbs. So we tried and once again I got pregnant and had another miscarriage. I am praying that the weightloss after the surgery will help allow me to stay pregnant because I can not go through this again. So now I wait for approval. LaraNicole
LaraNicole
on 2/21/05 4:56 am
Topic: RE: Austin Area Support Groups?
Dr. Fuller, he seems very nice. I have not heard anything else about him though. Thank you for the info! LaraNicole
LaraNicole
on 2/21/05 2:00 am
Topic: RE: Austin Area Support Groups?
Thank you Sarah, do you know how often they meet? LaraNicole
Most Active