LaraNicole’s Posts

LaraNicole
on 2/21/05 12:25 am
Topic: RE: Austin Area Support Groups?
I am hoping to have surgery soon through Southwest Bariatric Surgeon's Group. Is their a support group that meets in this area? Please let me know. Thank you!!! LaraNicole
LaraNicole
on 2/17/05 3:04 am
Topic: RE: lap band and pregnancy
I haven't seen the contract yet either so I have no idea, but once I do definitely go over it well. Thanks LaraNicole
LaraNicole
on 2/17/05 2:34 am
have any of you had to sign something saying you won't get pregnant? My doctor said he would make me sign a contract saying that I won't get pregnant. BUT, I am not going to go on the pill just for a year or so. I am not going to try to get pregnant, but if it did happen let's say in 11 months I hope there is nothing they could do to me. LaraNicole
LaraNicole
on 2/16/05 11:55 pm
My surgeon told me that he wants me to wait 12-18 months after the surgery to get pregnant. I really want to try as soon as he says that I can because I had a miscarriage in September and I am not sure if it was weight related, but at this point I have not been approved yet so I can't even start my year to 18 months. My poor hubby is not happy with the not trying to have a baby thing, but he is being bery supportive and he knows that it is much healthier for me to have one when i weigh less than to keep trying now. LaraNicole
LaraNicole
on 2/16/05 12:58 am
Topic: RE: scared to lose weight before surgery...
I have been taking it for one week. There is a ramp up period so I am on a low dose right now. I have experienced a huge difference in appetite. I have Binge Eating Disorder and am Bipolar II and have been able to control in so far with only a few twinges. I hear it usually takes 6 weeks for full effect and full dosage. I have read about people losing up to 70lbs. NOW my Dr. told me not to count on that. I was not put on if for weight loss but to control the disorder. I have lost 10lbs., but here is the deal...I have no desire to eat anything at all and I have to force myself to eat and drink. It is very strange. Also, I am hungry every three hours and I even wake up at night with hunger pains. I am eating but only small amounts because I get full a lot faster now. So, for now, I am waiting out the 6 weeks to see how I feel and if it continues to help with the Binge Eating Disorder. LaraNicole
LaraNicole
on 2/15/05 11:50 pm
Topic: RE: Banded and feeling great!!!!
Linda! I am so happy to hear everything went well. I was getting a little worried when I never got a response back in email. I hope that your recovery time is very short and that you continue to feel great! LaraNicole
LaraNicole
on 2/15/05 11:44 pm
oh thank you. I have been so scared. I know I will not lose that much weight before surgery and I was just sure they were gonna say no you lost 10 lbs now you are SOL. LaraNicole
LaraNicole
on 2/15/05 11:06 pm
I was told that my insurance will only cover you if you have a bmi of 45 or above for the sugery. I have already had my surgeon consult and my paperwork has been sent to my insurance. Right now I have a 46 bmi so I am ok by their standards, but I was put on Topamax 2 weeks ago by my Dr. and have started to lose weight and I am afraid that I will go below the 45 by the time I get approved. Do they go by what I weighed at first or the day of surgery? LaraNicole
LaraNicole
on 2/10/05 9:38 pm
Topic: RE: Expected weight loss...?
I really want to do this as safely as possible. Thank you all for letting me know what to expect and how to achieve my goal safely. Lara Nicole
LaraNicole
on 2/10/05 3:02 am
Thank you all! I am so looking forward to it and my husband is being sooo supportive. Hopefully not too much longer to hear back. Lara Nicole
LaraNicole
on 2/9/05 10:24 pm
thank you! I just want to get rid of it as fast and as safely as possible and to avoid as much loose skin as I can in the process!!! -Lara Nicole
LaraNicole
on 2/9/05 10:12 pm
Hi everyone, I am at 278lbs and a 46 BMI, I have decided to do the band over the bypass because I am afraid of the complications that can occur with the bypass. The only thing is that I see lots of pictures of huge losses with the bypass. Can you all please share with me how much I should realistically be able to lose and how long it will take. My surgeon said 100lb in 12-14months...is this accurate? Lara Nicole
Most Active