30/30 Challenge - Update Day 3

trudylam
on 5/6/12 10:54 pm - Sudbury, Canada
Yesterday for Day 3 of the challenge I wasn't as active as I wanted to be.  I was soooo tired for some reason.  I went for a walk with the kids but it was only about 20 minutes.  I think today I will take the dog for a 6km walk, it usually takes about an hour.  Hope you all had a great Day 3!!!  Let's keep it shakin'!
Monica M.
on 5/6/12 10:57 pm - Penetanguishene, Canada
I plan on going for a run at lunch. I get a 45 minute break, so i can run for 30, and come back in time to get cleaned up a bit.

hopefully if i write it down here, i'll be committed to doing it.

sam1am
on 5/7/12 12:29 am
I did my first 15 minutes of walking in, will do the rest this afternoon.  Hopefully the weather will cooperate this week!

Sandy                                           

"The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody  else up"                     

Mark Twain                                                       LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCatAnimation One      

msheavyhearted
on 5/7/12 2:58 am - Marathon, ON, Canada
RNY on 02/02/12
I didn't get my usual walk in yesterday so I decided to go for a bike ride. I did just over 30 minutes and I learned two things.

1. Biking is much more strenuous than walking. I was a-huffin' and a-puffin' going up those little inclines.

2. My inner hip bones hurt! (I guess there's less padding than the last time I rode my bicycle.

Want to join the CRAZY TransCanada Challenge?? Just message me. Here's a link to the rules: http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/on/4570778/REPOST-The-CRAZY-TransCanada-Challenge-Rules/

laura S.
on 5/7/12 5:50 am - London, Canada
Haven't been on in the past few days, so didn't realize this was going on. 

I have started taking an adult swimming course.  Found out that once I couldn't rely on being bouyant.. I can't swim worth beans!  lol  Anyway, this morning I did 30 minutes of laps doing my breathing exercises in the pool.  (Not as many laps as you might think in 30 minutes... but hey I'm workin on it!  lol)

At lunch I walked for about 25 more minutes too  :)

Have a great day everyone!

Laura

highlandbear
on 5/7/12 7:32 am - Canada
 Did a 45 workout in the gym and rode the bike to all my clients. i know the ride home from my last client was 30 min. did not help that it was raining so it slowed me down.
Ammi Tu
on 5/7/12 3:14 pm
RNY on 04/13/12
Trees are my nemesis at the moment. My allergies have been HORRENDOUS today - woke up not able to breathe and my mouth was so dry I couldn't feel my tongue, itchy eyeballs, all those goodies - so I didn't get as much done as I would have liked as I had to avoid going outside where all the lovelies lurk. I did do a fair bit of housework though. Overall, I am not happy with my participation in this challenge so far. Grumble.

Referral: pre-Aug 2010 <>  Info Session: Mar 18/11 <>  Nurse Practioner: Oct  31/11  <>  Behaviourist/Dietitian: Nov 15/11 <> Social Worker: end Nov/11  <>  Endoscopy: Jan 18/12 <>  Education Class: Feb 29/12  <>  Surgeon Mtg: Mar 6, 2012  <>  Called w/Date: 20 Mar, 2012 <> Surgeon: Dr. Mamazza  <> RNY Surgery Date: 13 Apr/12
pedlsanCAN
on 5/7/12 11:17 pm - Meaford, Canada
RNY on 09/04/12
Didn't get on the computer yesterday, but I did get in a nice brisk walk afterwork.  I walked around downtown to complete some errands.  It's amazing, our little town is lovely and not that big ... why have I always driven from place to place?  I met someone going into the bank who commented that I was making good time as they had passed me a couple of blocks up and we were arriving at the same time - me on foot, them in their car!  Thanks Trudy!  Sandy P.

Most Active
Recent Topics