What are you eating/doing today? (Monday)

Cinderz
on 2/27/17 3:49 am

Good morning everyone, it's early and I've got to be out the door by 7 so hopefully it's ok I start this off this morning.

I had a fabulous weekend, I'd say 50% of the time I ate like I would at home and the other 50%, not so much. I would have assumed being we met in a hospital after wls surgery, my friend and I would be on the same strict diet, however that was not the case. There was room service, take out, dining out...and a breakfast buffet, in my opinion, a waste as I am still only eating 2-3 oz at a time, depending on what it is. He was able to consume larger quantities of food, and enjoyed a variety of food at one sitting. On a good note I did try some foods I would never have before...shrimp being one of them, and filet mignon, being another( more so, medium, I've always been a well done kind of girl in the meat department),  both great for protein. The buffet was interesting, $20.99 for a spoonful of scrambled eggs and 1 piece of bacon, lol

s - Today I'm back on track with my diet, 

B - skyr yogurt

S - premier protein

L - tuna with a little low fat mayo

s - premier protein

D - chicken breast with steamed green veg

I'm back in court this morning so feeling a little stressed out but holding my head up high and being hopeful.

Have a great day everyone

Ginnny
on 2/27/17 4:05 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 04/11/16

Post Op 10+ months

Good morning Gang!  This week is week 2 on the learn to run program....feeling pumped.  Gym tonight as well.  Was a good weekend, if you don't take into consideration non of my drivers did well in the race yesterday.

B - egg salad

S - deli turkey and pickles

L - turkey salad

S - yogurt

D - turkey filet and greek salad

Cal - 803, Carbs 35, Protein 96

Have a great day.

Over 100 lbs lost! and 13 lbs below goal weight!

Meggles07
on 2/27/17 5:06 am, edited 2/26/17 9:07 pm - Canada

Good morning :)

Cinderz, I here you on the buffet. My SO wanted all you can eat sushi on Saturday. I made him go at lunch because the price is slightly cheaper. But about $20 for a chicken skewer, half a salad, some edamame, and two pieces of maki. I said I would go no more than once a year. I had been there since before surgery.

Sunday was not a great day. My phone absolutely died. Black screen. Wouldn't turn on. Can't access my data. And I live with the IT guy, so if he can't fix it it must be pooched. So instead of being productive I spent about five hours setting up a new phone to be as close to my old phone as possible. It is very nice, but a pain to learn a slightly different layout, etc. As a teen/YA I loved technology. I would have been proud to have a newer device. Now I just want to be able to access my apps and stay in contact with people.

Today I'm supervising an exam (boring), and going to a meeting (more boring). I do get to meet up with someone from my case team. They placed second in their competition, so I'm very proud of them.

Breakfast - protein shake

Snack - carrots and pb

Lunch - egg sandwich

Snack - yogurt, pepperette

Dinner - TBD served at meeting

Snack - pudding if needed

All water and vits.

Kathy1212
on 2/27/17 6:33 am

Sounds like you had fun, Cindi, and the shrimp sounds lovely.  I'm looking forward to the future when I can have BBQ shrimp; it's my favorite summer meal.

I'm 27 Days Post Op RNY...how did that happen so fast, lol?  My Dad and I are leaving for Sudbury at noon.  It's a 4 hour drive, and my 1 month post op appointment is tomorrow morning at 8 AM.

Breakfast: Pureed Egg salad made from 1 egg, 1 tbsp low fat miracle whip, 2 tbsp greek yogurt, pureed, with some salt, pepper, and smoked paprika. Yum; so creamy and good. 

Lunch: (on the road): Premier Protein shake (probably chocolate).

Supper: Probably a little individual serving cup of cottage cheese, that I bought especially for the trip, but if I"m cold, I'll have cream soup instead (I bought the premade kind that just needs to be warmed up and am hoping to find a microwave somewhere).

Snack:  Premier Protein shake.

Pre-Op Visit: Jan. 10, 2017, weight 304, surgeon: Dr. David Lindsay, St. Joe's, Toronto

1st Day of (3 weeks worth of) Optifast: Jan. 11, 2017

Surgery Date: Feb. 1st, 2017

Kathy  

Cinderz
on 2/27/17 11:36 am

Hi Kathy!

Pre surgery time stands still, post surgery, it flies. I'm 12 weeks post op today and can't believe it's been 3 months already. Anything seafood is new to me, including tuna, which I only tried after surgery because of the high protein for a little amount. 

I do realize I need to allow myself to try new foods or step out of the box and stop having the same things daily...but it works for me so I'm ok to go slow.

Good luck at your follow up tomorrow, I have my 3 month F-U on Fridaymp, luckily it's only 40 minutes away.

Kathy1212
on 2/27/17 5:06 pm

Wow, hard to believe it's already time for your 3 month post-op appt (love that you call it an F-U, lol).

I have some tuna and canned chicken and ham at home but haven't been brave enough to try it yet.

My Dad and I made it to Sudbury safely.  We went for a walk downtown to the mall and back, and then ate in the hotel restaurant, the Hardrock Cafe Gastro Pub.  Dad had liver and onions and I had roasted red pepper soup.  I was able to manage 5 or 6 teaspoons and 2 saltines, which are allowed on my plan, but I have avoided because of the carbs.  The two saltines were wonderful, so I'll have to make sure to only have them once in a blue moon or they'll trigger me. The soup was good, but I was full so quickly.  My Dad enjoyed the rest, lol.

Pre-Op Visit: Jan. 10, 2017, weight 304, surgeon: Dr. David Lindsay, St. Joe's, Toronto

1st Day of (3 weeks worth of) Optifast: Jan. 11, 2017

Surgery Date: Feb. 1st, 2017

Kathy  

Travelher
on 2/27/17 8:44 am
Revision on 10/04/16

Stressful start to the week at work...sigh

My food is kinda the usual for me:

B-Overnight oats

S- 1/2 oats portion

L-Thai shrimp salad with nappa cabbage, peppers, shrimp, peanuts and peanut dressing

S-Chia pudding (cheesecake flavour)

D-Tilapia with guac and Pico de Gallo

Band-RNY revision age 50 5'4" HW 260 SW: 244 (bf healthy range 23-35%) bf 23.7% (at 137lbs) cw range 135-138.lbl with butt lift and mastoplexy March 23, 2018...2.5lbs removed.

Pre-op-16lbs (size 18/20...244) M1-16lbs (size 18...228) M2-15.6lbs (size 16/18...212.4) M3-10lbs (size 16..202.4) M4-11.4lbs (size 14...191) M5-10.8lbs (size 12...180.2) M6-8.4 (size 8/10...171.8) M7-6.4 (size 8...165.4 lbs) M8-11.6 (size 6...153.8) M9-5.6 (size 4/6...148.2) M10-5.8 (size 4....142.4) M11-4 (size 2/4...138.4) Surgiversary -1 (size 2/4...137.4) M13-2.6 (size 2/4...134.8) M14 (size 2/4...134.8) M15 (size 2...135) M16 (size 2...131.4) M17 (size 2...135) M18 (size 2...135) M19 (size 2...138) M20 (size 2...135) M21 (size 2...138)

Jo0710
on 2/27/17 1:15 pm

6 weeks out today. Down 32lbs from surgery and 66lbs in total since this whole journey started  

Still have issues time to time with food. Yesterday was chicken so today I'm sticking to fluid. Chicken has given me nothing but problems. :(  I can eat eggs and soup and that's about it other than yogurt and pudding and protein shakes lol  

I got the all clear to play vball at 6 weeks so tonight is my first night back. I can't wait. 

B- premier protein 

L- cream of potatoe soup

D - premier protein and maybe a slice of salami and mustard

Don't want to push the food too much today so my totals don't include the salami and mustard 

Cals 361, protein 62 and carbs 16 

RNY Jan 16/17 Surgery @ St. Mikes with Dr. Rotstein. Pre-Surgery -20lbs & Optifast -15lbs. Year 1 Loss after RNY: 131lbs

**Half the woman I was**

Most Active
Recent Topics