crackers with no carbs

bskarenf
on 4/2/10 11:22 pm
iam looking for any ideas,  i  want to have some kind of crackers that dont have  alot of carbs
   what do you all eat  in place of crackers or bread?  

turningpoint
on 4/2/10 11:53 pm
I looked at EVERY box on the shelf a week ago and found the lowest my store had was Ritz Roasted Vegetable crackers. 

Per Serving (5 crackers)
calories 80
ttl fat 3.5
carb 10
sugar 1
protein 1

Emily
HW/SW/GW/CW
249/236/135/133.6  
hedrider
on 4/3/10 2:34 am - Midlothian, TX
Have you ever tried a cheese "cracker"?

www.genaw.com/lowcarb/cheezits.html

This recipe says it has 5 carbs per 16 crackers, 9 fat and doesn't list sugars.  But I doubt you would use the whole 16 crackers as a serving?
Heather
Since 2008 my team has raised over $42,000 to fight breast cancer.

Pam T.
on 4/3/10 2:40 am - Saginaw, MI
Well... there's really no such thing as a cracker without carbs. Crackers are made of wheat and/or flour... which automatically contains carbs. Unless you're looking for frankenfood or something that's not actually crackers. 

You may want to check out Wasa Crackers. They are large wafer super-crispy crackers with very low calories (20 per cracker).  They are biggish - like the size of a graham cracker before you break it apart.  I'm 2 years out and still only eat 1.  I like them topped with chicken salad or egg salad.

My Recipe Index is packed full of yumminess!
Visit my blog: Journey to a Healthier Me  ...or my Website

The scale can measure the weight of my body but never my worth as a woman. ~Lysa TerKeurst author of Made to Crave

Not the Same Dawn
on 4/3/10 5:28 am - BEE EFF EEE, CA
I remember seeing a recipe for cheese crackers. You take the parm cheese and grate it onto a baking sheet and bake it till it's crisp and really thin...only the carbs in the cheese is in those..hardly any carbs but they're crunchy.

Also, thin slices of zuchini on a dehydrator will give you something flat, thin and crispy...you might play with that. That's non-bread but crispy..
Yes, RNY worked for me but it also requires a lot of work from me!

Before Surgery: 214
Highest Weight: 240
Now: 125.6
Goal: 130
siberiancat
on 4/3/10 5:54 am - COLUMBIA CITY, IN
You need to look at the quality of the carbs.  I go for complex carbs.  The best cracker I can find is AkMak 100 % whole wheat stone ground sesame cracker.
Serving size is 5 crackers.( 1 2/3 inch x 5 inches).  They are thin and very crisp. I can't eat 5 of them and I'm one year post op.

5 crackers =115 cal
Net Carb = 19 gm
Fiber = 4 gm
Protein = 5 gm
Sugars .6 gm

5 gm protein is pretty good for a carb!
 Penny
Highest Weight 255  * Wt loss includes 19 lb lost before surgery

Cleopatra_Nik
on 4/3/10 5:59 am - Baltimore, MD
No cracker is going to be "no-carb." You can get low carb ones. I say this all the time and it bears repeating, "with starches the ONLY way to achieve low carb is to make it high fiber" so look for whole wheat, lots of fiber. But even crackers made from cheese have carbs (milk sugar is a carb). I personally like Wasa Light crackers. Good source of complex carbs to fuel me up and keep me satisfied!
maryposa
on 4/3/10 7:06 am - Orange County, CA
I second cheese crackers, wasa fiber ryes (check the label some are lower than others)
and add  bran crisps GG 15 calories 3 net carbs each "big" cracker (one cracker is PLENTY) you have to order it on-line and the last one is to make your own flax crackers - 0 net carbs (all carbs are from fiber) ... look for a recipe on a low carb site or ask me and I will see if I can find it for you.
Follow my progress on youtube!
(Lost slowly and painfully from 355 to 275 from 2007-2009, then started gaining again before scheduling surgery!  Best thing I ever did! :D)

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 457 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 414 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 354 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 437 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 354 views