Almost 2 years out and still losing?

JacksMommy
on 8/5/12 2:47 am - Panama City, FL
 I know it may seem ridiculous bc why we are here, but I really want to STOP losing. I am at 115 now from 285. I am 5.5 so I am still considered in a healthy BMI. I realize I have a much smaller frame than what I had thought but I was happier at about 125-135. Nothing fits right now. My legs are super skinny and I have no butt so jeans are a tough find. The boob situation is just funny at this point. My ribs actually stick out farther than they do, lol!!! I'm trying to eat but know I'm not eating enough. Has anyone had this happen? We're you able to finally stabilize and put some weight back on? Im scared I'm gonna just wilt away:(
KittenLove
on 8/5/12 3:04 am - Around Knoxville, TN
U will balance out. It's rare for anyone to be underweight past the three year point. Months 24-32 were my low weights for the most part. Not to say it can't happen but if you eat adequately u should be fine. Consult your surgeon if you need to!

Be happy. 

Laura in Texas
on 8/5/12 3:09 am
Eat every three hours and eat a little more at each sitting. For 99% of us, it stops, but you have to work at i****ch out about adding too much high fat, high sugar, high calories foods because your metabolism will most likely slow down at some point.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

hedrider
on 8/5/12 3:38 am - Midlothian, TX
 Eat frequent small meals and add in good healthy carbs to increase your calories.  You have to find your balance.  How many calories do you take in versus how many you burn?
Heather
Since 2008 my team has raised over $42,000 to fight breast cancer.

Diminishing Dawn
on 8/5/12 3:38 am - Windsor, Canada
This is a great one to discuss with your dietician.  She will probably recommend adding more carbs or calories to your diet.

Dawn

17+ years post op RNY. first year blog here or My LongTimer blog. Tummy Tuck Dr. Matic 2014 -Ohip funded panni Windsor WLS support group.message me anytime!
HW:290 LW:139 RW: 167 CW: 139

flyingwoman
on 8/5/12 4:24 am
 Why are you finding it difficult to eat more?

Starting BMI 69 w comorbidities | 55 of the weight lost above was pre-op.    
cajungirl
on 8/5/12 4:28 am
Can you give us an idea of your daily eating?  How often?  I agree with Kitten usually between year 2-3 many but not all have some bounce back weight.  If you continue to lose there are enzymes that you can take to stop the lose, however, I don't recommend you go this route unless absolutely necessary.

Proximal RNY Lap - 02/21/05

9 years committed ~  100% EWL and Maintaining

www.dazzlinglashesandbeyond.com

lilbear412
on 8/5/12 9:17 am - MN
 I can't imagine..i have lost 115 lbs at 10 months and haven't lost anything since.  I am maintaining somehow but reallly want to lose another 30 lbs.  Seems like every few months since about month 10 i don't lose but all of a sudden i will drop 3 lbs then nothing for a month or more.  I can't give you any advice though just wanted to say your lucky in a way but i understand your worry.  I have to agree with all above..bet you need to eat more..tell us what your daily food intake is like?  i eat about 1200 calories at almost a year post op and i still really try to eat my lots of proteins including cheeses, meats and yogurts.  Good luck.  

Laurie says:  Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind  ~~~ dr. suess

slrm2m2
on 8/5/12 10:51 am - Canada
 I'm trying to stop my weight loss at just past the 6 month post-op mark.  I only had 100lbs to lose and I've lost 110 so far.  I am 20lbs above the bottom of my healthy BMI range, which puts me squarely in the middle of it right now, and I don't want to keep losing at the rate that I have been.

My dietician suggested eating nuts and nut butters and full fat dairy products as well as more carbs, some full fat crackers, etc.  She recognized that I can't just eat more volume at each meal since I feel like I am stuffed at every meal already.  I was only eating 4 times a day and now I'm eating 5 times a day.  So far, I've lost a tiny amount, but mostly my weight has bounced around by a couple of pounds, so this is a positive sign that the weight loss may stop. 

Eating almonds is a really easy way to up your calories without much volume and they are full of healthy fat.  I also have found that sprinkling full fat grated parmesan or romano cheese on things also adds calories without much volume.  Spreading some almond butter on apple slices is another way that I easily up my calories.

I am very aware that I may need to reverse these high calorie tricks once I am further out.  This was one of the reasons that I didn't want to focus on trying to eat more, since if I start to gain i can just go back to eating low fat dairy, cut out the nuts, eat fewer carbs and focus on protein.
Sandy  Surgery Jan.18,2012 with Dr. Timothy Jackson at TWH.

Most Active
Recent Topics