What's on your Sunday Menu RNYers?

Insert Fitness
on 5/14/17 3:56 am

Morning Weekenders!

The walk was great yesterday. rainy, but nothing terrible. Smaller crowds than previous years, but still a good turnout!

Visiting the hop yard was really cool. We learned a lot. Now if it can stop raining, we can get cracking!

qotd: about coping with stress. What's your go to coping mechanism to avoid eating? The past year or so, I've been focusing more on mindfulness. I find that if I understand what the root cause is, I'm able to respond in healthier manner. It's not just abstract "stress". If I can name it, I can break it down and deal with it. Not sure if that makes any sense. But being in tune with what you're actually feeling takes effort. It's become part of my morning routine. Morning coffee, check in with myself, plan my day, reflect on my goals. Post on here. It sounds all new age-y. But I tell ya, there's something to it!

menu:

B: protein shake

L: Mother's Day brunch is waffles with fruit and whip cream and there's also yogurt and breakfast meat. I'll have fruit and meat!maybe a little yogurt.

D:tbd on when we get back to the city. And my parents are going too, to see the baby, so maybe supper at our place.... protein forward as always.

have a good one!

RNY Sept 8, 2016

M1:23, M2 :18, M3 :11, M4 :19, M5: 13, M6: 12, M7: 17, M8: 11, M9: 11.5, M10: 13, M11: 10, M12: 10 M13 : 7.6, M14: 6.9, M15: 6.7

Instagram:InsertFitness

Librarian67
on 5/14/17 4:13 am
RNY on 02/28/17

Good morning weekenders!

We had a nice time with my mom yesterday and we both got some nice plants.

IF your comment about dealing with stress is timely. My time with my family is often very stressful and we have a habit of snacking on junk food on the trip home from visiting them. We did stop for food, but we picked up cheese and fruit. The rest of the trip I kept noticing that I was mouth hungry. I wanted to be shoving food in my mouth and chewing. I observed that I wasn't actually hungry after the cheese, but it was a struggle to not want food anyway. I was proud of myself for getting healthy food and nothing else, but the mouth hunger was truly annoying. When I got home I had some chicken and was generally okay with that, but my long standing habit of chowing on junk after family events will take some re-learning.

QOTD: When I get stressed, I try to stay busy. I do better when my hands are busy and it helps to keep my mind more calm. I'm trying to learn to just observe the stress without running with it, but I'm not very accomplished at that.

Breakfast: leftover bacon, spinach feta omelette

Snack: Apple Ecstasy protein shake

Lunch: turkey

Snack: string cheese

Dinner: chicken breast

Exercise: pool time

HW: 248+, SW (RNY: 2/28/17): 244, GW (10/17): 125; LW: 115; 45# regain (19-20); CW: 135.6; new goal: 135; Plastics: Ext mastopexy, Ext abdominoplasty-5/18/2018; diagnosed w/ gastroparesis 11/20.

pinyee
on 5/14/17 4:18 am - Bomoseen, VT
RNY on 03/23/16

Morning Menu Family... Happy Mother's Day to all the mom's and all the Dad's who fill in as the mom roll as well. Today is a very weird mother's day for me the first one without my mom so I am feeling a little blue and trying to figure out what I am supposed to do. We are going out to breakfast with my dad and my 91 year old grandmother as usual. Then I am off cemetery. For the past few years as my moms health was failing she did not attend these breakfasts very often because she would forget due to the dementia so we would always get her a Dunkin Donuts coffee and donuts for breakfast and bring her yellow roses and lottery tickets. So even though it is rainy and yucky out I am still going to bring all those things to her but just leave them at the cemetery.

QOTD: AHHH stress... I am under a lot of that lately at work and at home. I get very quiet. Generally I am one to speak my opinion and am a funny person. So my family, friends, and co-workers know that when Penny gets quiet she is stressed. I know it is not the best way to handle it but I have been that way since I set foot on this earth.

Food for the day"

B: Breakfast out some protein and my grandmother always order stuffed french toast which I love so I will steal one bite off her plate just so I can have a taste.

L: Yogurt because I will still be full from breakfast

D: taco meat w/ veggies

Have a great menu family.... Please wish all the mom's in your life a Happy Mother's Day from ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kakesie
on 5/14/17 4:27 am
RNY on 02/19/16

So sorry for the loss of your mom, Penny. Mine passed away a few years ago and it's still hard. I miss her so much. Also sorry to hear you are dealing with a lot of stress. I hope it lessens soon. Bless you for remembering the Dads who fill in as Moms, too! Happy Mother's Day!

karenp8
on 5/14/17 6:00 am - Brighton, IL

Hugs to you Penny on this first Mothers Day without your mom. My mother has been gone 8 years and I still miss her but losing her to diabetes was what led me to have my surgery. I know your mom is so proud of how you've taken control of your health and she's smiling down on you.

FozzieBear
on 5/14/17 7:04 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Love the yellow roses, they will forever remind me of my grandmother who was one of my very favourite people ever. Hugs to you.

RNY - Nov 21st 2016

HW 386 SW 309.8 CW 174.1

M1: 17 M2: 17.2 M3: 12.6 M4: 18.8 M5: 14.4 M6: 18.4 M7: 13.5 M8: 13.1 M9: 7.8

Christine

Kakesie
on 5/14/17 4:22 am
RNY on 02/19/16

Good Morning Insert Fitness and Menu Family!

QOTD: I don't have much stress in my life, but my eating is triggered by boredom, so it helps if I can keep myself busy and find things to do to take my mind off eating. Sometimes I think I am hungry but if I go for a walk with my dog instead of eating something, when I get back I am no longer hungry. Weird, but a nice side effect of walking.

B: prosciutto & mozzarella sticks

L: lettuce, chicken, low cal dressing

D: Not sure yet, but it will be protein forward

S: light & fit Greek yogurt

Wishing all the Mothers (including the pet mothers) a wonderful Mother's Day!

~ Karen

peachpie
on 5/14/17 4:27 am - Philadelphia, PA
RNY on 04/28/15

Morning folks! I'm laying in bed, dressed to run but waiting for my watch to charge.

my mantra this morning is 'I will not be discouraged.' I'm working on this 5# goal and my weight has krept back to my starting point these past two days. My weight always randomly fluctuates- so I need to ride it out a day or two and see if it sticks or not. I've been diligent tracking everything, but my carbs were higher than I prefer yesterday. This rollercoaster ride is too much some days. I struggled bad yesterday with wanting junk- I persevered and did not give in- but when I see the scale 'betray' me I think hell I should have just gone hog wild and made it 'worth it'.

qotd: coping mechanism to avoid eating...hmmmm. Distractions is my #1. I'll say let me just send this email, or wash the dishes, vacuum the floor, etc-- before I look to eat X. My goal is that my mind get absorbed by whatever I'm doing to forget about the urge. Works most of the time.

195 today, 2 years out, 5#wl goal to 190.5

m1: 3oz ham and fried egg

m2: chicken drumsticks (2)

m3: cheese and cashews 1oz

m4: ?? Mother's Day- I should be off from cooking. (Will see if that holds true).

5'6.5" High weight:337 Lowest weight:193/31 BMI: Goal: 195-205/31-32 BMI

NYMom222
on 5/14/17 8:49 am
RNY on 07/23/14

First Happy Mother's Day- and hope you do get off from cooking....

Second my experience with stalls in general has been - change up what you are eating and add some fat...

I also find, further out what worked for me before, may or may not work now if I want to lose a few pounds. If you've followed my posts at all...you saw I make myself a human science experiment week to week....

In maintenance I have been in the 50-75g of carb range... when I lowered it to 30ish net- with the subtraction only being from veggies, not bars or anything....I lost the weight like a champ. Not even lowering my calories particularly. Will I stay that low? No, I am at a good weight- so the last 2 days I was back to my 50ish range, and didn't lose.

Your mileage may vary...my point is don't be afraid to try something new.

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

lykapal
on 5/14/17 5:39 am
RNY on 05/16/16

Good morning, and Happy Mother's Day to everyone!

Heading out to my sister's house today (an hour drive), we have plans to build a pallet type floor for her outside storage building. Then we have to assemble that storage building and get it in place. It's going to be nice hanging out with my little sissy on Mother's Day, first time in probably 17 years? I'm so happy she's back in the area.

Stress is something I have always had a problem with. I get stressed and anxious way too easily. I also do that naming thing, when it's easily identifiable I can usually talk myself down. When I can't, I either eat something pure protein to just fill my pouch, or physically remove myself from any temptation. Walk away, sleep, go for a drive, anything!

Food for the day? Hmm. The only plan I have for sure is to eat ham. Hubby got a honeybaked ham last night for Mother's Day. His reasoning was so that I don't have to cook today, but guess who makes all the tasty stuff to go with said ham? Yep. I'll probably make them mac-n-cheese and biscuits. There will be deviled eggs and I'll stick with ham and eggs. Oh and coffee.

49/F 4' 11" Highest Wt. 183.8--Surgery Wt. 173.0--Current Wt. 115.2--Goal Wt. 115.0

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 463 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 422 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 358 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 438 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 358 views