What's on your menu today (PHOTO FRIDAY) RNYers?

Kakesie
on 5/27/17 5:33 am
RNY on 02/19/16

Thanks, Liz.

Deanna798
on 5/26/17 5:43 am
RNY on 08/04/15

Good morning DD2 and gang. Yesterday was a busy, busy day at work. Today is going to be just as busy. I'm training someone yesterday and today and that means very little web surfing, as I'm not at my desk most of the day.

My hubby has been out of town again this week, and we're hoping that he'll make it home at a decent hour tonight. We have a 3 day weekend, but we've got a TON of stuff to do. We're hosting a BBQ at our house on Sunday so the house needs to be cleaned, the lawn needs to be done and then hubby has to smoke some meat on Saturday in preparation. He's going to smoke a pork butt, and I'd like to get a couple of whole chickens, or maybe just some bone in chicken breast smoked, but we can do the chicken on Sunday morning, since we can't do them at the same time. Though, now that I think about it, we could probably dust off the old electric smoker and put the chicken in there instead of the big smoker.

DD2QOTD: I think that I'm moderately attractive to mosquitos. I will say that now that I've lost weight, that I get bit a lot less. It really doesn't matter, because the ticks are so bad this year that if I'm spending any amount of time outside I'll be using Deep Woods Off. There have been cases of Lymes disease in our county and I am taking no chances with myself or my family. I'm thinking of picking up a yard bomb and setting it off on Sunday morning in prep for the party.

I'm coming up on 22 months post op and I'm feeling good. Financials came through for my plastics and I'll be scheduling a date next Tuesday. I'm hoping to get in before July 4th, and when I asked they said they are scheduling 3 to 5 weeks out, depending on what I'm needing. I'm feeling wonderful, my eating is in line and I'm feeling very motivated. The upcoming CAMAW is perfect timing, as it will help get me ready for surgery. Gotta push that protein.

Today's menu is spot on, and as busy as I have been, I don't get time to snack much.

B: 2oz of canned corned beet (this stuff is delicious and the stats are great. 2oz is 120 calories and 15g of protein). It's like canned corned beef hash without the potatoes. 2 eggs. Coffee with SF coffeemate

L: A can of Albacore and some baby cucumbers and Bolthouse Farms Ranch dressing

D 4 ounces of boneless chicken breast with salsa and an ounce of shredded mozzarella cheese.

S: fresh Raspberries and Blackberries this afternoon. I may add an evening snack in, and if I do I'll have a protein shake made with unsweetened cashew milk, Quest protein powder and a few fresh berries. I'll split with my little one and we'll have "milkshakes" as a dessert after dinner. It's in the totals.

totals:

Calories 818 Protein 99 Carbs 34 Fat 34

Have a wonderful long weeekend everyone!

So, for photo Friday, I just snapped 2 pics of my hair. I'm letting the color grow out and going natural. Which means I'm going to the gray/salt and pepper that is my natural color. The top of my hair looks very red, because the color is so faded. I can't wait to get the rest of the color cut out, but I also don't want to cut my hair TOO short. I'm thinking of growing it out a bit after I get the color out. Don't mind the no makeup look, it's still early and I've only had one cup of coffee.

Age: 44 | Height: 5' 3" | Starting January 2015: 291 | RNY 8/4/15 with Dr. Arthur Carlin| Goal: 150

Listen to advice and accept discipline, and at the end you will be counted among the wise. ~Proverbs 19:20

Emiepie
on 5/26/17 5:56 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Good Morning and Happy Fri-yay!! Such cute duckies!! Do Amy and Oliver know they hang out there? I have been meaning to ask how your GB is doing? Not exactly what the weekend plans are for us. There are a few antique type fairs in the area over the weekend so I think we will at least go to one....one is called glorious junk days :)

QOTD: I will get bit if I am outside for too long later in the evening. When I was a kid and we camped a lot I always had a ton!

Time since surgery: 2 years, 9 months

B: SF latte, eggbeaters with roasted red pepper, ½ an orange and 2 turkey sausage links

L: Albacore tuna lettuce wraps and baby carrots

S: SF latte, homemade Greek yogurt, granola, 2 Brazil nuts and Buddig ham pack

D: ½ Joseph's lavish bread topped with pizza sauce, mozzarella cheese and pepperoni, a small side salad, and SF jello with cool-whip

E: 45 mins stepper this morning and 40 mins of elliptical at lunch

V/W: On track

Totals: Cals:1124 Protein:115 Carbs:88 Fat:37

Have a great one!

Pics are from the recent beach day trip we went on at the beginning of April. (for some reason I can't make the pics smaller....sorry!)

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

karenp8
on 5/26/17 6:02 am - Brighton, IL

Beautiful pictures. Makes me want to be anywhere but in a cornfield in Illinois!

Queen JB
on 5/26/17 6:48 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Such sweet pictures of your family :)

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

cc583
on 5/26/17 8:39 am - Middletown, CT
VSG on 09/28/16

Great pics!

5'5" HW: 484, SW: 455,CW: 325

Surgeon, Darren Tishler

karenp8
on 5/26/17 6:00 am - Brighton, IL

Loving the ducks first off. No exciting plans for the weekend as we're not sure yet when we're heading to Georgia. He has an interview today for unemployment and will see if everything else can be done by phone or back here. If home,we'll go to the inlaws on Sunday. Lily and I have our 5k in for today and will do another 11/2 miles after supper. Post op 4 years 9 months and weight at 117 today. Here's the food for maintenance today B 1/2 c steel cut oats with protein and peanut butter added L 31/2 oz deli turkey and cheese 1/2 c green beans D 31/2oz meatballs with sauce 1/2 c green beans S P3 Pak. Picture is another outfit by supershopper (Hillary). Have a great day everyone and make some smart choices that move you one step closer to your goal!

catwoman7
on 5/26/17 1:05 pm
RNY on 06/03/15

great outfit!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

catwoman7
on 5/26/17 6:08 am
RNY on 06/03/15

QOTD: so far it's been too cold or rainy this mosquito season for me to spend much time outside - so I don't know! I used to get bitten a lot, though!

so excited this weekend because DH is actually off tomorrow and Monday!! First weekend he's had a full day off (let alone two!) in forever (except for when we were in NC for my father's memorial service). I don't know what to do first!!

23 months out (maintenance):

B: homemade Greek yogurt, strawberries, flaxseed

S: coffee with half & half, cantaloupe vanilla protein shake

L: I have a desk shift today that goes over the lunch hour, so if I get too hungry, a protein bar. Otherwise, cottage cheese when I get back to my office

D: not sure. Maybe a turkey burger in a Flat Out Flip-It (with lettuce, tomato, tzatziki sauce)

probably another Greek yogurt later - or some kind of shake (shamrock or vanilla chai tea)

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

supershopper
on 5/26/17 6:18 am

quickie for me. I ate terribly yesterday. I woked from 7 am to 1 am yesterday and took a 3 hour breat near dinnertime. I ate a 1 scoop ice cream from culvers, a butterburger no bun from culvers for dinner, followed by other chocolate items. the scale reflected it this morning. I was stressed and tired and apparently this is a coping issue for me. welp. onward and upward!!!

QOTD: mosquitos LOVE me, they can't get enough and I have no blood to spare. I also bruise very easily and take a LONG time to heal.

Food today:

last of chicken gizzards/decaf/SF apple cider

not sure what else.

Exercise: LOTS of moving!!

HW 305 SW 278 Surgery weight 225 GW 160 LW: 118.8

RNY 12/15/2015,

GB removal 09/2016,

Twisted bowel/hernia repair 08/2017

M1 Dec 2015-13.0, M2-7.0, M3-14.5, M4-9.4, M5-7.1, M6 9.8, M7-7.6 ,M8- 7.6, M-9 5.5, M10-6.4, M11- 2.2, M12 Dec 2016- 5.8

Most Active
Recent Topics