AMAW & CAMAW WINNERS!

Daisydoo02
on 6/15/17 7:30 am, edited 6/15/17 3:56 pm - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

LONG POST ALERT!

Thanks everyone for being patient. I have gone through the responses and chosen AMAW & CAMAW King & Queen's Winners!

AMAW Queen's Winner:

Queen Ladygodiva1228 - amazing job LadyG, so proud of you!

Queen Amy Liz - awesome job Amy, so proud of you!

CAMAW Queen & King Winners:

Queen Gina 15 years & counting - phenomenal job Gina, so proud of you!

King cc583 (Chris) - incredible job Chris, so proud of you!

Thanks to all who participated, supported and cheered everyone on!

Next AMAW week is going to be in September for a FULL 7 days! Start working on those meats now!

Here is my notes for all of you for the challenge!

Stay meaty my friends!

MC Daisy

AMAW (10 total)
Amy Liz WINNER! Loved AMAW, down 7 lbs! This came at the best time ( 3 week stall) and was able to get back on track! Challenged herself to AMAW, no hunger but missed cream in her coffee & eggs. Loved how dense protein is so filling, great job Amy!
cheapskate did not finish challenge
Ginny Did awesome, stuck to her AMAW menu all week and lost 4.2 lbs! Missed he cheese & yogurt but loved the challenge. Keep up the awesome work my friend!
Grim Traveller Grim loves to participate & support but not to be judged
Honest Omnivore did not finish challenge
Kat W. 3rd AMAW for Kat, she kills it every time, Kat did not want to be judged just participate and support & posted the most awesome pics & copied her MPF menu, she is awesome! Kat did full AMAW, no milk in her coffee and ended up loving it and is sticking with it!
ladygodiva1228 WINNER! LadyG did awesome this week, down 7.2 lbs! Did so amazing planning all her meals and she made me drool with some of the meat she had! Loves the challenge and is looking forward to the next one, thinks we should do them quarterly, I agree! Keep up the awesome work!
Maddymoe Did so awesome, lost 3 lbs and realized just how hard this journey is sometimes, its like we mourn food. Keep up the awesome work Maddy you did fantastic this week!!
Pammieanne Pamela did fantastic! After a super stressful week she did not turn to food to cope, what a WIN girl! She lost some weight, reset off carbs and was super supportive for her fellow competitors! And she did AMAW and drank coffee black, that needs a medal in of itself!
Sparklekitty Julie Did amazing, lost 4.4 lbs, got back on track! Decided to apply AMAW to her office "no carb workday", I love it! Keep up the awesome work girl!
CAMAW (48 total)
aer00 did not finish challenge
birdiegirl needed to step away but is all in for next AMAW week
breck_fish13 Did really well, down 4 lbs! Keep up the awesome work!
bruindiva92 First challenge, really enjoyed herself, the menus and daily inspiration. "Aha" moment was this is for life and only she is accountable for her food choices. Keep up the awesome work!
Carol D. Did CAMAW from her beach vacation, did well, keep up the great work
cc583 WINNER! Chris loved CAMAW. Total loss is 8 lbs! Way to go! Loved how this challenge reinforced pre plan, pre pack & log all meals! Keep up the great work Chris!!
chula82 Loved the challenge, lost 3.8 pounds and is looking forward to the next one! Keep up the awesome work!!
cinand I could not find day 5 or final thoughts post for cinand
Cjonorcas Did really well on CAMAW. White out for dinner with friends noticed how much non WLS people eat and how the portions are huge. Keep up the awesome work Cheryl!
Conazzza Found this week inspirational. Lost 2.2 lbs. Eats CAMAW generally with a few veggies, did miss her veggies though. And realized she has food obsessions and loves the opportunity to see this and work on this going forward to continue her success! Keep up the awesome work Norma!
Deanna798 did not finish challenge
Dodgergirl27 did not finish challenge
Doxie-Mom Did excellent and really enjoyed the challenge, lost 5 lbs and had great menus & pics, great job!
FindingKurr Did awesome on CAMAW, loved the challenge and loved the engagement & support. Is really looking forward to the next challenge. Keep up the awesome work!!!
Gina 15 yrs & Counting WINNER! - Did amazing for 15 yrs post op! Lost 4 inches and 8 lbs!! Learned grapes are not unlimited LOL Awesome job Gina, keep up the great work! So incredibly proud of you!
InsertFitness Did excellent, lost 4 lbs and pretty much ate AMAW other than having a protein shake. Realized how much she relies on slider foods like yogurt when busy. Keep up the awesome work Erin!
Jakosaurus - PRE OP Jacob is pre op and considering that he did excellent and lost just under 3 lbs!! He loved reading all the post op comments and he feels super prepared to go into surgery with all the right "tools" to be very successful. He is looking forward to the next AMAW in September as he will be post op then! Keep up the great work Jacob!
JuniperBerry Did excellent considering it was a busy stressful week too. Lost 2 lbs and has done this several times before. Never cheated and even stuck to CAMAW considering she was not prepared and forget her lunch one day! Is confident that she has the tools to get lower in weight if she wants to, keep up the great work!
Kakesie Did well, lost approx a pound and stuck to her menu! Lost her internet for a few days and found the head hunger was really strong. Keep up the great work Karen!!
Karen9849 Did awesome, lost 3.4 lbs and got to reset. Had an "aha" moment of "how much crap I was eating." Looking forward the next AMAW week
Kelsey S (OneBlueSock) - PRE OP Had a great week of eating dense protein. Is pre op and learning so much of how those of us who have gone before can live this post WLS life. Excited for your RNY soon! Keep up the great work!
Kristi T Really enjoyed the challenge and is inspired by all who participated!
Librarian67 Did well, missed veggies, lost 2.8 lbs, pretty much eats this way, is 4 mos post op
LissaK Loved the challenge, had let bad habits creep in and was able to lose 3 lbs. Her "aha" moment was how important self care is, great job LissaK!
LizJustWantsHealth Did fantastic this week, lost 2 lbs and is ready for her Aruba trip! Reinforced to her how strong head hunger can be, but she made some awesome decisions and was strong! Keep up the awesome work Liz!!
Lori1963 This was Lori's first challenge, she did well, and was able to combat head hunger by going for a 5km run, great job Lori, keep up the awesome work!
lykapal could not find day 5 or final thoughts for lykapal
LynnAlex could not find day 5 or final thoughts for LynnAlex
Mary Gee Loved the challenge, did really well! Keep up the awesome work Mary!!
masonka1 could not find day 5 or final thoughts for masonka1
matchison Did really well, lost 2.1 lbs, is 5 months post op and found how hard the head hunger was "real" and had to combat it with SF popsicles and Jello. Keep up the awesome work!
Meggles07 Did awesome, lost 5 lbs and is planning on continuing this for another week. Realized carbs had "gotten out of control" and can get back to losing weight by eating this way.
MissKitty1234 posted on day 1 but nothing else
Mommytothree posted on day 1 but nothing else
newme14 Did well and came to the realization that she has a serious protein bar addiction and being on AMAW week really highlighted that. Keep up the great work Lori!
NYMom222 Great participation and support, had surgery on her rotator cuff and had to prepare for surgery. Great job Cynthia, heal well!
Oxford Comma Hag Did amazing on CAMAW! Loved the challenge and her eating was on point! Keep up the great work!!
Pat R. Did really well, lost 3 lbs and had an "aha" moment of BLTs while making diner, great job! This challenge is eye opening for many as we see things we don't normally see!
PeachPie First time for Peach, she did amazing! Down 3 lbs and was ready for this challenge. She gets how AMAW can get you focused and off the carbs. Keep up the great work Peach!
pinyee This is her first challenge, was nervous but did excellent, lost 4.3 lbs and is super happy with that. Excited to do the next challenge!
Pokemom due to personal family issues (son in an accident) she had to drop out.
rachelp Did really well and lost 4 lbs! Did great making good decisions avoiding food that was not on CAMAW! Awesome job Rachel, keep up the great work!
Seattledeb Deb is 9 years post op, first challenge and she did awesome, lost 5 lbs and was able to break the evil hold her BFF "Bread" had on her. WAY TO GO! I love bread too so that is a huge win! Keep up the awesome work and join us next time!!
stacyrg Did excellent on CAMAW, eating & menus was awesome all week, keep up the awesome work Stacy!
SuperShopper Had a rough week, bathroom problems and no weight loss.
T is Hagalicious Rebel Miss T did awesome, down 3 lbs and had a great "aha" moment when she realized how she was using quick & easy food/meals instead of taking time to pre plan, loved how the focus paid off in a big way. Keep up the great work T!!
Teena D. Was travelling and not able to participate but did cheer us all on!
TheDuffman27 due to work & travelling needed to leave challenge, until next time Mike!
Honourable Mentions
Scale Skater Scott was following along at home and posted he lost 7 lbs this week and wants to continue to eat this way! Join us on the "what you are eating today" thread Scot!

Daisy 5'5" HW: 290 SW: 254 CW: 120

Nov 15, 2013: RNY - Toronto Western Hospital, Nov 2, 2017: Gallbladder removal & hernia repair

Sept 7, 2023: three +1 hernia's repaired in bowel

10+ years post op, living & loving life!

Librarian67
on 6/15/17 7:47 am
RNY on 02/28/17

Congrats to the winners!

HW: 248+, SW (RNY: 2/28/17): 244, GW (10/17): 125; LW: 115; 45# regain (19-20); CW: 135.6; new goal: 135; Plastics: Ext mastopexy, Ext abdominoplasty-5/18/2018; diagnosed w/ gastroparesis 11/20.

Dcgirl
on 6/15/17 8:11 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Daisy - you are SO inspirational and motivating! Thanks for organizing this and keeping such meticulous notes. I know this took a long time. I read through every single note above and even at 3.5 years out, I can learn so much from you guys. Gina, being 15 freaking years out, eating on plan and losing 8 lbs - what an inspiration!!!! You guys are such a great group of support. I hope everyone who is somewhat recent out of surgery (or hasn't even had surgery yet) gets on board with the high protein way of eating. I know my extra pounds that have come back since reaching my goal are not from chicken and fish! You all did great, and a super huge congrats to the winners!

RNY_elizabeth
on 6/15/17 8:47 am - TX
RNY on 10/06/15

Wow! What wonderful work by everyone...especially DD!

~E

Consultation weight: 265, Surgery date: 10/6/15, Goal: 150, Current weight: 129; 5'5, 46 years old

"I am basically food's creepy ex-girlfriend. I know we can't be together anymore but I just want to spend time hanging out" ~me, about why I love cooking so much post WLS

pammieanne
on 6/15/17 9:14 am - OK
RNY on 05/16/16

Daisy,

THANK YOU for all of your hard work!!!!!

My weight continues to drop all of this week, I think that AMAW really made a huge difference for me!

Looking forward to the next challenge in September!!!

Height 5'5" HW 260 SW 251 CW 141.6 (2/27/18)

RNY 5-16-16 Pre-Op 9lbs, M1-18.5lbs, M2-18.1lbs, M3-14.8lbs, M4-10.4lbs, M5-9.2lbs, M6-7lbs, M7-6.2lbs, M8-8.8lbs,M9-7.8lbs, M10-1 lb, M11-.6lbs, M12-4.4lbs

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 6/15/17 9:59 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Thank you for all the work on this Daisy! And what a tremendous difference this makes for us in understanding how to best leverage our WLS "tool" and gaining insight into our own relationships with food.

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

bruindiva92
on 6/15/17 10:11 am
Revision on 03/29/17

Congratulations to the winners and all participants!! I am looking forward to September.

HonestOmnivore
on 6/15/17 10:49 am
RNY on 03/29/17

CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL OF YOU!!!

I loved reading through Daisy's notes, and I'm so proud of all of you for sticking it out! This fall I should be in my own place and as all of you can imagine (fantasize?) living on my own will make my food choices easier!

I'm most impressed with mothers who have kids at home demanding carbs all day! I don't know how you do it but you're freaking AMAZING!!!!

5'4" 49yrs at surgery date

SW - 206 CW - 128
M1 - 20lb M2 - 9 lb M3 - 7 lb M4 - 7 lb M5 - 7 lb M6 - 6 lb M7 - 4 lb M8 - 1 lb M9 - 2 lb M10 - 4 lb M11 - 0lb M12 - 3lb M13 - 0 lb M14 - 2 lb M15 - 0 lb M16 - 3 lb

Amy Liz
on 6/15/17 1:33 pm, edited 6/15/17 6:35 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Daisy, you are so awesome!! All the time and effort you put in to this is nothing short of amazing

Thank you for being the best cheerleader on our journey!!

Great job everyone, woo hoo!!!!!!!!

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 176 GW 175

Kathy S.
on 6/15/17 1:42 pm - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

For the Queens and Kings!

Image result for king, bacon

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?