What's on your Menu today (Photo Friday) RNYers?

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 6/23/17 4:17 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

I never heard of a dog having GERD! I hope the omeprazole works for her.

Though DH and I are still on vacation until Wednesday, DS and his BF leave today (and SIL tomorrow). So sad to see them go! My picture is from Aruba last year. It was taken right after we returned from DS' college graduation. I was 2.5 months post-op and feeling skinny, but I lost another 35 pounds afterwards.

Accountability: Still trying to eat clean during the day but not counting calories at night. I had pizza at dinner but only ate the toppings off of about 1.5 slices. However there were a few glasses of wine over the evening.

QOTD: I didn't bring much - what I was wearing, phone, iPad, and pillow. I don't really remember much around the actual surgery other than saying hi to my surgeon just prior.

B: eggbeaters and cottage cheese

L: deli turkey and veggies

D: ? (Out)

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

seattledeb
on 6/23/17 4:31 am, edited 6/22/17 9:32 pm

Last summer was really awful. 3 hospitalizations and a surgery. So here is a pic from a better summer. In the big rear cabin after our wedding. One of the most relaxing trips I've been on.

Today I'm going to eat shrimp,leftover steak,yogurt, and I might make some cheese crisps. I'm drinking a lot of coffee these days. I need to switch out sometimes to water!Image may contain: one or more people, ocean, sky, outdoor, water and nature

Theduffman27
on 6/23/17 4:53 am
VSG on 11/19/14

Good morning Daisy and Menu Crew, busy weekend , Grad Party tonight, camping tomorrow. Will be a fun weekend.

QOTD - My surgery was on a Wednesday, bittersweet as Two days prior a good friend of mine had died and his Funeral was a day after my surgery. MY Wife Joddie was with me, the hospital is set up well with nice staging rooms for surgery, 15 minutes before I went in to surgery my surgeon stopped by and grabbed my shin and said " Duff , youve got this! " I was really nervous yet he has a calming personality and then I was ready. I remember a couple of things, kissing my wife goodbye and as I was wheeled into the operating room was introduced to the Nurse ( Mike) and Anethesiologist ( Mike), to this day I do not know if I was dreaming this, but remember hearing someone saying this is like finding nemo....Mike...Mike...Mike......LOL......( the seagulls)

B - Premier Protein

S - Dannon light and fit yogurt

L - Steak tips

S - Buddig meat

D - unsure - will pick somehting healthy

E - dancing the night away

Stay healthy my friends.

New Phone - no pics from last summer.....

Doxie-mom
on 6/23/17 5:17 am, edited 6/23/17 12:10 pm
RNY on 03/13/17

Good morning menu friends. Thought I would post before going to bed this morning.

Accountability:. I did not eat everything that was planned yesterday so my totals changed. Posted/Actual - Calories 719/683, Protein - 98/82, Carbs - 14/13

QOTD: My dad took me to the hospital the morning of surgery and stayed with me until early evening. He then came back then next morning and took me to his house. I took my cell phone, charger a small duffle bag with pajama pants, my tablet, and some toiletries.

I remember it being cold when I was wheeled into the surgery room. I wasn't awake very long once I got in there. The first thing I remember when I came to was a nurse telling me that they took out my gall bladder while they were in there, I gave her a thumbs up.

My pictures are of a camping trip that I took with my BFF. We rented a Lakeside cabin for the weekend.

Menu:

B - 2 oz. Tilapia

B2 - 2 oz. Tilapia

L - 4 oz. Shrimp, home made ****tail sauce

D - 4 oz. Salmon, 1 mini cucumber, 7 grape tomatoes

S - Salmon Burger, 1.2 oz. Venison Jeremy

Calories - 645, Protein - 106, Carbs- 11

Have a great day everyone.

Edited to correct typo.

Tammy

HW: (9/28/16) 369.8 / SW: (3/13/17) 285 / CW: 162.8

Pre-op loss (6 1/2 Months) - 84.8 pounds

M1 - 17.2, M2 - 17.2, M3 - 13.4, M4 - 15.4, M5 - 13.8, M6 - 13.6, M7 - 10.8, M8 - 9.6, M9 - 5.0, M10 - 2.4, M11 - 3.8

Meggles07
on 6/23/17 5:23 am - Canada

Good morning :)

Going to my grandparent's house again to help pack and move. I'm on day four of this stupid cold so we will see how long I last.

Accountability: I found more cake in the freezer... I ate some yesterday and I will be dumping the rest today. Why does cake taunt me so?

QOTD: I took my mom and grandma with me to the hospital because (my now) DH had to work and I didn't want him to use up his vacation time. Also because my mom and grandma are super supportive and sympathetic. Last thing I remember is being asked what surgery I was there for and thinking, "I hope I don't wake up missing a leg or something."

My pic from last summer is our trip to Ireland. We decided to do a day trip and I insisted that we had to kiss the Blarney Stone. I almost chickened out at the last minute but I knew I would have kicked myself forever if I didn't do it.

Breakfast - protein shake

Snack - pepperette, cheese

Lunch - chicken

Snack - egg, pickles

Dinner - tbd (need to check freezer)

Snack - protein shake

All water and vits.

cinand
on 6/24/17 6:03 am - Houston, TX

The last thing I remember is being on the operating table and the surgical nurse holding my hand praying for me. This surgery made me more nervous than any of the numerous surgeries I've had. I had a mini freak out on the operating table and asked the nurse to pray with me, and she did. Surgery was a breeze.

Maxthecat
on 6/23/17 5:24 am
RNY on 05/02/17

Work has been nuts this week so I haven't had a chance to come on. With that said, the past two days I've eaten a half a bagel with cream cheese for lunch and gone over my cals and under my protein. Not good. Damn carbs are so addictive! I've also been stalled for the past week which really takes the wind out of my sails and then I become complacent with the eating because I get the mindset that it doesn't matter. Therefore prolonging the stall. I hate my brain sometimes!

Today:

B: dunkins coffee and wake up wrap

L: premier protein

D: parmesan chicken w/side salad

I haven't plugged in for my totals yet but I am sure it will be better than yesterday.

My NSV for the week because I need to share some positive: I wore a dress yesterday for the first time in 10 years. It was so freeing!

HW: 287 SW: 266 CW: 149.2

Kakesie
on 6/23/17 5:56 am
RNY on 02/19/16

Daisy, I sure hope the vet can figure out what is wrong with Amy and get her fixed soon, poor baby. No fun to be throwing up all the time!

AWESOME pictures!

karenp8
on 6/23/17 5:56 am - Brighton, IL

Cloudy day here in Illinois with rain expected anytime now. Lily and I got up and got our 3.2 miles in already and will do another mile after supper. QOTD My husband was with me the day of surgery and my pastor came and prayed with me before they took me back. I remember being on a stretcher in the hallway and the anesthesiologist giving me something to relax and the next thing I remember was waking in the recovery room. I don't even remember hubby telling me goodbye because I was already out. I only stayed 1 night in the hospital and all I took was my phone and charger. Post op 4 years 10 months and weight at 118 today. Here's the food plan for maintenance today B 1/2 c steel cut oats with protein and peanut butter added L 31/2 oz deli turkey and cheese 1/2 c carrots D 31/2 oz ground beef with salsa 1/2 c green beans S sm Pk roasted chickpeas. Pic is from a camping trip last summer. I need to get some pictures of the new camper taken. Have a great day everyone and make some smart choices that move you one step closer to your goal!

Theduffman27
on 6/23/17 6:03 am
VSG on 11/19/14

Nothing better than glamping Karen. We have a camper that we spend most weekends in and love it. Something my wife and I have done since we met.

Most Active
Recent Topics