What's on your Menu today (Photo Friday) RNYers?

Librarian67
on 6/23/17 10:56 am
RNY on 02/28/17

Happy birthday!

HW: 248+, SW (RNY: 2/28/17): 244, GW (10/17): 125; LW: 115; 45# regain (19-20); CW: 135.6; new goal: 135; Plastics: Ext mastopexy, Ext abdominoplasty-5/18/2018; diagnosed w/ gastroparesis 11/20.

MaryEllen OntheEastCoast
on 6/23/17 1:52 pm - CT

Good for you! I got a tattoo for my 45th birthday and my friends thought I was crazy. Oh to be 40 again! Have a wonderful weekend!

cc583
on 6/23/17 5:08 pm - Middletown, CT
VSG on 09/28/16

Happy Birthday!!

5'5" HW: 484, SW: 455,CW: 325

Surgeon, Darren Tishler

stacyrg
on 6/23/17 9:11 am
VSG on 05/12/14

Happy Friday! Daisy, I'm so sorry to hear that Amy is still under the weather. Hopefully, the vet will get to the bottom of it and she'll feel bette soon! My weekend plans are non-existent, other than my typical workouts and errands. I'm ok with that. There may be some time spent out by my pool, as long as it isn't unbearably hot. So, I think starbucks egg bites are off my list for the time being. I've found that I eat them WAAAAYYYY too fast and that, at they really don't satisfy me (I envy those of you who can eat ONE and be full/satisfied). Oh well. As far as accountability: I ended up working late, so even though I was dressed for the gym, I missed my class. I swapped out a bunless cheeseburger for the steak for dinner. The only "cheat" I did was a handful of triscuit mini crackers. I'm throwing the box out!

DQOTD: I really don't remember much from my first surgery. My mom was with me. The last thing I remember was getting a lovenox injection in my belly and then being wheeled down the hall. I remember waking up in recovery and telling the nurse I was having pain. She gave me an injection and I was out for a while after that. My revision is much clearer to me. My mom was there again. There was a delay in the OR and I remember them telling me that I could go sit in the waiting room with my mom. I remember my surgeon coming in and asking me if I was going to run away, and telling him that I couldn't because they took my shoes. He sat with me for a while and we talked about running and triathlons. When they wheeled me back, I remember my surgeon being there and talking to him about where he wanted me positioned on the table. We also talked about what kind of music I wanted and I told him to play whatever makes him happy, since I was going to be asleep. I remember him telling me he'd be right back and then I was out.

Here's my plan:

B: egg bites

S: my clerk was ordering from the deli next door and I had her get me a side order of bacon. It's going to be a hungry day, sugar free latte

L: Chicken breast

S: I wanted a yogurt before the gym but I left it at home, so maybe a string cheese??

D: NY Strip steak

rachelp
on 6/23/17 9:17 am
VSG on 08/01/16

Happy Friday Menu peeps! Boy am I glad the weekend is upon us!! I hate that I am too busy at work to post on the menu thread but I am glad we are busy. I get paid commission so bring it on!!

Last night I ate a couple hand fulls of popcorn. As punishment I didn't eat dinner or anything else for the rest of the night. Stupid stupid popcorn

B - coffee with creamer

L1 - hamburger patty

L2 - chicken wings

S - pork rinds or peanuts (if I even get hungry)

D - pulled pork

The picture on the left popped up on my memory from a year ago. The right is current me. It's embarrassing seeing myself like that.

Sleeved 8/1/16

HW 285 / SW 276 / GW 160

Mandi87
on 6/23/17 9:27 am
RNY on 12/08/16

Good morning menu crew!

today is Friday, which is great, but I works Saturdays so it's my Thursday I guess haha. Hope everyone is having a good start to their weekend though!

accountability: I did great all day till I got home and caught myself stress eating a couple chips with dip. Stopped myself from going too far but still wish I could get in my time machine and put them in the trash where they belong.

B and L: shake

S: almond butter

D: leftover chicken breast and salad

S: ONE piece of dark choc.

E: walk with Zach and the puppies

V: patches

I tried to post a photo of my best friend and I out at Beluga Point (in Alaska) but I don't know how to do it from my phone. have a great weekend, everyone! :)

Queen JB
on 6/23/17 9:43 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Post pics from your phone the same way as on your computer. First click the pink PLUS sign in the upper right corner to add them to OH. Then when you are in the post you want to add the pic into, you click "add photo" (to the left of the your font options) and add it in. You can't adjust the size of the photo in the phone version of OH but everything else is the same.

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Amy Liz
on 6/23/17 11:56 am
RNY on 11/21/16

That explains why my pictures are always GIGANTIC!

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 176 GW 175

newme14
on 6/23/17 9:45 am - Ontario, Canada

Good Afternoon!

Hopefully your pup feels better soon! I've heard of another dog that had that issue. My friends Husky mix. With some treatment and a new meal plan he was good as new!! Cross fingers your figure it out!

QOTD: My mom and my sister were at the hospital waiting for me. If I had to do it again I'd have no one. Last thing I remember was laughing with the Dr about some comment I had made, and the next thing I know? I'm being awakened in recovery.

Accountability: WOO HOO! Yesterday was a great day. I'm sure it helped that I had to work last night-so NO FOOD FOR ME, but I'll take the win. I stuck to plan, only ate what was in my lunchbox and when they brought us down pizza and timbits last night? I had none. ZERO. I had planned ahead and had a protein shake ready but I was so hot all I could focus on was the Gatorade. I had a raging headache and was dehydrated so went home, drank some more and hopped in bed. I finished with over 32,000 steps last night! WOO HOOO! Not sure how many times I went up and down stairs-miss that about the new fit bit, but still a good day for steps!!

Menu for today:

Breakfast: Tea with Miralax, Vanilla premier protein

Snack: Greek yogurt with flax seed and holy crap cereal mixed in.

Lunch: 4oz of steak, 2oz of onions/peppers. (This is a bit much, so I'll cut out some of the veggies. steak first.) Heinz 57 sauce for dipping.

Snack: Jell-O pudding cup with coffee crisp protein powder mixed in.

Supper: I'm working again tonight, so no time for supper.

Evening-Will be drinking as much as I can, and when we are done I'll have a protein shake, or if it's like last night as many buckets of water/Gatorade any liquid I can get in me. When I get home? Most likely a sugar free popsicle.

Exercise? So far today none. I got home at 2am, alarm goes off at 5:30, work till 4:30, start second job at 5:30...but it's going to be another busy night so I'm aiming for 25,000 steps. I can't wait till I get home tonight and can sleep. NO alarm for tomorrow. It's so exciting!! LOL.

Hope everyone has a great day! Amazing how great I feel when I'm in control or have a good day. I need to remember this and have many more good days!!! :)

Lori

RNY January 2015

HW-365 CW-185 GW-160

"Beauty is found within."

CarlRay
on 6/23/17 9:57 am, edited 6/23/17 3:48 am
RNY on 02/28/17

Greetings!

My menu today looks a lot like most days, but I'm cool with that. Food is fuel, still not much interest in it beyond that but I imagine someday that will change. I'm ready for that but so far? Nothing. LOL

B: protein shake. 35g P, 1 fat, 3 carb

MS: 1/2 cup FF greek yogurt, plain, with 2 oz mixed frozen berries

L: same shake as breakfast

AS: same snack as MS

S: Not sure, likely soup of some kind, 1 cup

ES: Trying to stay away from evening eating. Likely walk up to Timmy's for a decaf coffee though, if it ever stops raining.

QOTD: Well, I had my wife drive me to the hospital and she was there before surgery with me. I wasn't worried or nervous in the least, but I didn't say a whole lot. That's nothing new for me though. The sublingual stuff they gave me just to relax me (though I really didn't need it, I was chill) sure made the ceiling tiles look funny. I remember asking the orderly why the dots were moving all over the place like they were alive. The anesthesiologist asked me where I worked. I answered, and then I woke up in recovery. I was in recovery for 6 hours instead of the 1 or 2 hours, because my room wasn't ready for whatever reason. So my wife stuck around as long as she could but had to get back home. So I never saw her until I got home (my parents came and picked me up a couple days after). It was OK though, I didn't really say more than a few words in the hospital. I wasn't a bad patient, just not in the mood to chat with anyone. I remember the nurses commenting that I was a quiet one and a couple tried to get me talking while I was walking around. Honestly, I was irritated only by the old fella in the next bed and the constant noises coming from that side of the room. It got under my skin, so I spent a lot of time with my sudoku book, earbuds or just walking to get away from my room. The nurses were great though. I just wanted to go through the motions to get home.

The photo is me wearing my late uncle's motorcycle shirt from the 50's. He wore it while riding his knucklehead Harley with his buddies. My folks gave it to me because we were really close and thought I would like it....actually tomorrow is the 2nd anniversary of his passing, and I think of him daily. He was just so cool.

This shirt represents a victory for me, because I held it up when they gave it to me, and my fat-brain still sees me that way despite what I've done so far. It looked like it wouldn't fit in a million years. Because I'm a foot taller than he was, it can't be a shirt that I'll ever actually wear, but I put it on and it did up with a tad of room to spare. :)

I think he'd be laughing to see me put that thing on. Like him, it's a pretty cool shirt from a bygone era.

Remember, no matter where you go.......there you are.